Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Walmart's Vudu Joins Disney Movies Anywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Walmart's Vudu Joins Disney Movies Anywhere

Maybe I need to be educated on this disney to VUDU stuff, because if I ever redeemed a code in the past year of a disney movie I was still able to watch it in VUDU and on my devices via VUDU app... So what's so special about this... Is D2D available? Now that would be something to celebrate. Otherwise I'm not seeing the excitement around it

Comment

Originally posted by Oh Yeah View Post
      Maybe I need to be educated on this disney to VUDU stuff, because if I ever redeemed a code in the past year of a disney movie I was still able to watch it in VUDU and on my devices via VUDU app... So what's so special about this... Is D2D available? Now that would be something to celebrate. Otherwise I'm not seeing the excitement around it
      Newer releases have been compatible with Vudu but there is a large catalog of older releases where the digital copy was only iTunes compatible. Given that iTunes (Apple) supports DMA you can redeem those digital copies on iTunes, if you haven't already, and be able to play those titles on Vudu. I have quite a few older Disney releases that aren't currently available on Vudu since the digital copy code isn't compatible with Vudu.

Some people are also hoping this opens the gate to D2D support for titles under the Disney umbrella. I also have a lot of Disney titles (Disney, Touchstone, Hollywood Pictures, etc.) that never came with a digital copy and it would be nice to be able to import those for use on Vudu.

Comment

...right. Basically, being able to pillage all the old iTunes Only codes from the past. Rather a big deal since Apple Corp. is notorious for forcing a premium. To be able to watch a title that was iTunes only on Vudu is an opening that was unexpected.

In my case, that will be nine titles getting added to my Vudu library when I can link. Other people have more.

D2D chances are pretty low in my estimation, but would be a windfall if it happened.

Comment

I see two possibilities for "D2D" on Disney titles, which may OR may not launch Tuesday. One is actual D2D; if Touchstone/Hollywood titles ever join DMA that will probably be the only option for them.

The other is something Disney previously tried with the now-shuttered Disney Movies Online site, their first stab at streaming (essentially a beta test of KeyChest, the technology that became DMA): If you had a non-Digital Copy version of a Disney title in your Disney Movie Rewards redemption history or you registered your disc with Disney, you were entitled to buy that movie on DMO for $5; even "in the Vault" titles were eligible. (Reportedly, DMO members who made purchases there received full refunds when it shut down plus copies of those movies on DMA when it launched.) That may be more expensive than Vudu D2D, but it certainly wouldn't be the first time Disney commands a premium price -- especially if Vault titles are eligible.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Walter-S_North_Carolina View Post
              All this being as it may, there still does not seem to be explanation for the Italian DMA commercial showing SW scenes. Either it was a leak, or a mistake. The consensus from what I read is it was a leak and Disney will be able to release DMA versions of the films as long as they are not the theatrical cuts.
              I'm throwing a guess out but Fox might not necessarily own the international rights to SW like they do domestic. Either way I wouldn't take what you see in an Italian commercial as indication of what will happen here. It's almost impossible to keep track of who owns what rights in what market...

Comment

I have several Disney titles in my Vudu account. I just signed up for Disney Movies Anywhere today. So far I have the free copy of Wreck it Ralph in my DMA account.

My question is: will my Vudu titles that I currently have link up to Disney Movies Anywhere on Tuesday? Or is this simply going forward, any codes redeemed on DMA end up going into my linked Vudu account? Or can it work backwards too, where I link a DMA account to my Vudu account so that they are backwards compatible?

I'm hoping that Disney movies I already own in Vudu and purchase from Vudu in the future will show up in my DMA account. Does anyone know if it works this way or not?

Thanks.

Comment

i have had DMA since day one and when i signed up for it it pulled all of my movies from itunes that were disney into it then when i added google they added all of the dma movies on google into my dma as well as adding the movies from dma into my google so i would guess that yes all the disney movies already in your vudu account will move over to dma

Comment

It'd be nice if they gave you DMR points for the purchases you made on VUDU once you link. Possible to get some free stuff out of this! Someone said something of a similar nature about googleplay and DMA, not sure if they said directly they were given the points all at once or just registrations.

Comment

Will HDx playback now be available on those titles?

Comment

Originally posted by mjvmovieman View Post
                        I have several Disney titles in my Vudu account. I just signed up for Disney Movies Anywhere today. So far I have the free copy of Wreck it Ralph in my DMA account.

My question is: will my Vudu titles that I currently have link up to Disney Movies Anywhere on Tuesday? Or is this simply going forward, any codes redeemed on DMA end up going into my linked Vudu account? Or can it work backwards too, where I link a DMA account to my Vudu account so that they are backwards compatible?

I'm hoping that Disney movies I already own in Vudu and purchase from Vudu in the future will show up in my DMA account. Does anyone know if it works this way or not?

Thanks.
                        DMA works like the Ultraviolet locker. Movies go into DMA from linked providers and out to the other linked providers. This includes existing movies and new movies.

It is possible you will get DMR points for pre-existing DMA movies in Vudu, we'll have to wait and see what happens.
                        And remember you will have to link accounts before any transfers take place.

Comment

Just wanted to throw this out there, can't do a screen shot right now but this is the next best thing.

ohhh how close you were Walter S North Carolina on February 25th

https://forum.vudu.com/showthread.ph...03#post1264703

Comment

Originally posted by ZuliuZ View Post
                            Just wanted to throw this out there, can't do a screen shot right now but this is the next best thing.

ohhh how close you were Walter S North Carolina on February 25th

https://forum.vudu.com/showthread.ph...03#post1264703
                            Yeah, looks like we will be in a fractured rights locker environment for several more years.

Comment

Originally posted by ZuliuZ View Post
                              It'd be nice if they gave you DMR points for the purchases you made on VUDU once you link. Possible to get some free stuff out of this! Someone said something of a similar nature about googleplay and DMA, not sure if they said directly they were given the points all at once or just registrations.
                              I honestly don't think points will be given for the VUDU transfers. I didn't get any DMR points when I linked my itunes titles.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrapluv View Post
                                I honestly don't think points will be given for the VUDU transfers. I didn't get any DMR points when I linked my itunes titles.

People said they did with Google Play movies though. That's why it's a possibility with Vudu. If itunes and Google both had or had not then I'd say it wouldn't even be questioned. I guess we find out tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X