Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Did Vudu just give up on UHD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree with VuduAddict's post. The lack of Fox titles in UHD is a big issue. Then there are titles like Batman: Gotham by Gaslight, Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay, American Made, Logan Lucky, Pitch Perfect 1-3, The Purge 1-3, American Assassin, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by VWithoutYou View Post
      Agree with VuduAddict's post. The lack of Fox titles in UHD is a big issue. Then there are titles like Batman: Gotham by Gaslight, Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay, American Made, Logan Lucky, Pitch Perfect 1-3, The Purge 1-3, American Assassin, etc.
      Purge 1-3 went UHD today.In addition the first five Spiderman films went UHD yesterday. Vudu seems to be raising their efforts with UHD titles. Hope they can work out a deal with Fox as Fox as some of the top tier UHD titles.

Comment

VUDU added Nas, LIve from the Kennedy Center today... but only in HD....

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/...-Center/945794

Other retailers such as FandangoNow and iTunes have it in UHD for purchase. According to VUDU's listing, it's from the company The Orchard. Can VUDU please reach out to these smaller companies and get 4K versions of their releases? This is another release I can't buy here due to lack of UHD option, when it's clearly readily available.

Comment

Even if it was available, i'd be unable to watch it because the UHD stuff is still broken on the Chromecast Ultra !

Comment

Originally posted by diamond204 View Post

Purge 1-3 went UHD today.In addition the first five Spiderman films went UHD yesterday. Vudu seems to be raising their efforts with UHD titles. Hope they can work out a deal with Fox as Fox as some of the top tier UHD titles.
            That's great news. Thanks, Vudu!

Any word on Batman: Gotham by Gaslight, Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay, American Made, Logan Lucky, Pitch Perfect 1-3, American Assassin, The Commuter and Hostiles?

Comment

The below movies just went UHD on Vudu.

Hunger Games
              Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1
              Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2
              Flatliners

Comment

Originally posted by Kotor29 View Post

Even though I do hope that at some point, all digital content is upgraded to 4K. Wouldn't that simplify things for the providers and customers?
                This 100000%. I'm pretty frustrated about the fact that a bunch of my movies are just now getting UHD versions made available, and we don't get any sort of upgrade for them. I'm never going to re-buy the movies I've already spent money on just because they added UHD; Vudu - please please please keep up with iTunes and just upgrade our HDX purchases to 4K! Hell, do them one better; just eliminate SD completely and upgrade everyone's purchases (ok, that's a long shot, but a guy can dream...).

Comment

I have more than 1000 movies purchased through VUDU, and dozens of television shows. I used to spend hundreds of dollars every month buying content on the site. Lately, however, my money has been going to FandangoNOW and iTunes. The Fox problem is a deal breaker for me. I absolutely love the VUDU format and the Atmos compatibility, but I have 3 4K televisions and I want to use the service that offers the most content for those televisions. I will live with DTS X on FandangoNOW until VUDU makes some sort of deal with Fox studios. I was hoping that the proposed Fox - Disney merger would take place almost entirely because I want those films in 4K on VUDU. I am not sure how the contractual agreement works with Fox and iTunes/FandangoNow, but VUDU - if you want customers like myself and my family (who spend hundreds of dollars on movies per month) to return to spending that money on VUDU, work something out with Fox. I will not keep purchasing movies on VUDU in HDX that are in UHD on other sites that are just as easy to use. Thank you for monitoring this forum, and I hope we learn something about these issues soon. I miss having VUDU as my primary site for watching and purchasing movies.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffreyVUDU View Post
                    Vudu is 100%, absolutely, definitely, fo'sho NOT giving up on UHD.
                    Many of the titles listed in this forum will be available soon.
                    We know getting 4K available on the same date as release for digital or disc is extremely important. Unfortunately, many times things can go wrong from the technology, process, quality control or studio approval, or other standpoints that delay release. Unfortunately, more than you'd expect, we have no control over those factors.

Thank you all, though, for staying with Vudu, on top of things, and sharing your frustrations. Your feedback is noticed and does help us keep us (and our partners) focused.
                    Well Jeffrey, since you are actually looking in here for feedback, look into allowing your customers to upgrade to higher formats with movies they've already purchased. It seems real odd to allow us to take a DVD we've purchased and scan it and also UPGRADE to a higher format for a small fee, but we can't do this with a digital purchase. This has to happen. There is no way i'm going to pay full price for all these movies i've purchased, and then pay 24 dollars on TOP of that to get UHD (I have over 250 HDX movies with VUDU). I think you have the best streaming service out there. Now up your game on the format upgrade side as other services are doing. It seems only fair to your customers.

Comment

Originally posted by Oh Heck View Post

Well Jeffrey, since you are actually looking in here for feedback, look into allowing your customers to upgrade to higher formats with movies they've already purchased. It seems real odd to allow us to take a DVD we've purchased and scan it and also UPGRADE to a higher format for a small fee, but we can't do this with a digital purchase. This has to happen. There is no way i'm going to pay full price for all these movies i've purchased, and then pay 24 dollars on TOP of that to get UHD (I have over 250 HDX movies with VUDU). I think you have the best streaming service out there. Now up your game on the format upgrade side as other services are doing. It seems only fair to your customers.
                      That's something the studios will not allow at this time. They rather you make a new purchase to upgrade to UHD at full price, it's business. It would be nice to have the option to upgrade at a fraction of the cost but probably won't happen until the next new format comes out, whatever that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Kappa123 View Post

That's something the studios will not allow at this time. They rather you make a new purchase to upgrade to UHD at full price, it's business. It would be nice to have the option to upgrade at a fraction of the cost but probably won't happen until the next new format comes out, whatever that is.
                        Which makes me really curious on what deal Apple made with the studios for their free 4K upgrades. Apple has plenty of power having the #1 store......but I would think Vudu could strike some kind of deal to even allow for basic paid upgrades with the studios.

Comment

Originally posted by netnothing View Post

Which makes me really curious on what deal Apple made with the studios for their free 4K upgrades. Apple has plenty of power having the #1 store......but I would think Vudu could strike some kind of deal to even allow for basic paid upgrades with the studios.
                          Apple may be eating the cost to build up market share. Remember how badly their previous Apple TV's flopped?

Comment

Originally posted by Kotor29 View Post

Apple may be eating the cost to build up market share. Remember how badly their previous Apple TV's flopped?
                            Yes, I had an Apple 3 and hardly ever used it. Now that I have the Apple TV 4k, I use it almost every day.

117 UHD
                            844 HDX
                            3 SD

Comment

I think that Vudu is well on the way to making amends for 4k content - just in the past few days we have The Matrix, The Commuter, Logan Lucky, and a few others. A bit before that Gladiator, Braveheart, Jurassic Park Series, Black Panther,John Wick, etc.
                              Coming soon: The Avengers Series, and the much anticipated Fox UHD titles which should mark the UHD breakthrough we all want Vudu to have.

Thanks Vudu team, now that you got in a good groove, keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by diamond204 View Post
                                I think that Vudu is well on the way to making amends for 4k content - just in the past few days we have The Matrix, The Commuter, Logan Lucky, and a few others. A bit before that Gladiator, Braveheart, Forrest Gump, Jurassic Park Series, Black Panther,John Wick, etc.
                                Coming soon: The Avengers Series, and the much anticipated Fox UHD titles which should mark the UHD breakthrough we all want Vudu to have.

Thanks Vudu team, now that you got in a good groove, keep it up!
                                I'm not seeing Forrest Gump?

123 UHD
                                843 HDX
                                3 SD

Comment

Working...
                                X