Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Unable to Cast (to Chromecast Ultra, Shield TV, Sony 4K TV) many UHD Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leo25 View Post

there are a few movies still not triggering ex DV FF8 extended directors cut, transformers the last knight etc
    Hello Leo25,
    Both FF8 and Transformers the last knight is only available in DV4. Since the last update from Vizio no longer supports DV4 we are awaiting delivery of the DV5 encode. Once we get this both title will play in Dolby Vision.

Thanks,
    Tam

Comment

Originally posted by telljcl View Post
      Still can't Cast these UHD titles to Shield TV.

About a month ago it worked (for about 1/2 a day) and I posted here "Great - It's Working!" and the thread was deleted, and I've heard nothing since.

So between this not working and the Vudu app on the Shield TV being broken with dark video, I haven't spent a dime on Vudu in quite a while.

I have, however, because of this, bought an Apple TV so I can check out iTunes (never bought anything from apple before), and have watched a few movies that way.

Seems as if Vudu isn't an option for our household.

No fixes, no answers... Been a customer for a long time.
      Hello Telljcl

Sorry for the inconvenience. We are still working through issues with the Mobile Apps and our new Cast implementation. We are trying to fix the bugs on the Cast side as to not require users to update their mobile apps. In the mean time you can Cast using your Chrome Browser and www.vudu.com.

For the dark video can you tell me the title you are playing and I can take a look.

Thanks
      Tam

Comment

Originally posted by TamM View Post

Hello Telljcl

Sorry for the inconvenience. We are still working through issues with the Mobile Apps and our new Cast implementation. We are trying to fix the bugs on the Cast side as to not require users to update their mobile apps. In the mean time you can Cast using your Chrome Browser and www.vudu.com.

For the dark video can you tell me the title you are playing and I can take a look.

Thanks
        Tam
        How does Vudu intend to fix the UHD casting problem without an update, when UHD is not even an option on iphones and ipads?

Comment

Originally posted by sgperez90 View Post

How does Vudu intend to fix the UHD casting problem without an update, when UHD is not even an option on iphones and ipads?
          Hello sgperez90,

The iPhone and iPad will require a new app to enable UHD Casting of newer titles. There are other bugs we are trying to address on the Casting side. Sorry for the confusion

Thanks
          Tam

Comment

So still no fix to cast recently purchased titles to Chromecast Ultra?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Glare View Post
              So still no fix to cast recently purchased titles to Chromecast Ultra?
              Hello Big Glare

You can stream UHD to Chromecast Ultra using Chrome Browser and www.vudu.com

Thanks,
              Tam

Comment

Hello Telljcl

Thanks
                Tam
                Regarding broken Shield TV Vudu app (dark video) - it is any title. UHD, HDX, SD - anything that the app outputs. See below, from another thread here...

-------------------

Vudu has a new App version, with a slightly different "look", on the latest Shield TV update FW.

Playing movies from my Vudu account, they are significantly dimmer coming out of the Vudu app on the Shield TV than on my Roku Ultra Vudu app, or a Sony X800 Vudu app, or an internal Vudu app in a Sony TV.

Doesn't matter what the HDMI settings are for the Shield TV, as Netflix video levels are totally normal on the Shield TV - they match other streaming devices.

I have my ultraviolet / movies anywhere / vudu / google play / amazon accounts linked, so on the Shield TV I can play many of the same movies from the Vudu app, the Google Movies app or the Amazon app. Only the Vudu app produces the daker video. The other apps all output proper video levels.

Can't revert to "old" Vudu version - if I do, and try to run it, it says it is out of date and must upgrade.

Nuked / reset to defaults my Shield TV - same issue, obviously uninstalled / reinstalled Vudu app to no avail.

EDIT: Since, I have purchased another Shield for another system - as expected, App still broken - same as other Shield TV unit...

See images of same frame of movie "Predestination" (HDX) from Vudu app in Shield -vs- Roku Ultra. As stated, same image from Netflix has same video brightness level on both Shield and Roku Ultra. It appears to be the Vudu App.

Screenshot - Normal video level from Google Play, Amazon, Roku Vudu app: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0lze0c84fg...small.jpg?dl=0

Screenshot - Dark video from the Shield TV Vudu app: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qhu95xfmyd...small.jpg?dl=0

EDIT:
                Interestingly, I can "Cast", from my Vudu android app, any Vudu movie to the Shield TV and the video levels are normal / not dark.

But, as stated, playback of any movie using the Vudu app, is too dark.

This has been BROKEN FOR A LONG TIME.

Vudu always acts like they've never heard of it before and ask "What Movies?" etc...

It isn't my setup. It isn't the Shield TV. It's the App. Google Play looks normal. Amazon looks normal. Same movie, 3 different streaming sources - only Vudu is dark.

If you want a title to try, how about "murder on orient express" (the recent version).

This is a known issue on AVSForum and other places - seems like everybody but Vudu is aware that it is broken.

Pull an allnighter coding session and straighten it out - PLEASE.

Thank You.

Comment

Hello Big Glare

You can stream UHD to Chromecast Ultra using Chrome Browser and www.vudu.com

Thanks,
                  Tam
                  Hello Tam

This is not working for me on Chromecast Ultra from Chrome on Windows 10 (trying movie Blade Runner 2049 which I have been trying unsuccessfully to watch for MONTHS since I bought it). I can cast to the CC Ultra in HDX and can click on the UHD button, but it will not play the UHD stream. It can switch to SD and back again to HDX, but can not switch to UHD.
                  Thanks.

Comment

Note for the Shield dark video issue - Vudu and Nvidia have tried to reproduce when connected to a half dozen different TV models and have not yet - somehow it seems to be specific to the set up of a few users (Shield/TV/receiver/etc hardware and/or device settings) in a combination that we have not discovered yet, which is why many questions are being asked to help narrow it down - and yes, sometimes the same ones by different people/groups investigating, apologies for any redundancy - but, it is still actively being investigated.

UPDATE: sorry, spoke too soon. It has now been reproduced and will be trying to find root cause.
                    Last edited by Jake; 04-06-2018, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                      Note for the Shield dark video issue - Vudu and Nvidia have tried to reproduce when connected to a half dozen different TV models and have not yet - somehow it seems to be specific to the set up of a few users (Shield/TV/receiver/etc hardware and/or device settings) in a combination that we have not discovered yet, which is why many questions are being asked to help narrow it down - and yes, sometimes the same ones by different people/groups investigating, apologies for any redundancy - but, it is still actively being investigated.
                      I have a Shield along with other devices such as Roku that I can test if someone would like.

97 UHD
                      861 HDX
                      3 SD

Comment

Good to know it is being investigated, but I've tried it on 3 displays - Samsung K8000, Sony 930D, JVC RS500 projector - all very different animals, and now with 2 different Shield TV units. Issue remains.

Are you sure you are detecting that it is dark? Maybe it appears "fine", but isn't.

It isn't black, there is a picture - but it is too dark - you could watch the movie, and many wouldn't notice. But it is very definitely wrong, and out of spec. So to me and anybody who expects proper video delivery, it is just broken. Unusable.

I suggest using a capable camera (and operator) using manual exposure settings if there is trouble discerning the issue. Or a histogram would be even better, if you can.

By the way - it was mentioned up a few posts that Vudu was trying to "keep everyone from having to download an update to the mobile app (I think if you fix the issue, people won't mind...)" for UHD Casting to work, and in the meantime use Chrome browser. For the record, that doesn't work either - it won't play UHD streams on Shield. You don't get the error message you get with the mobile app, but it just drops back to HDX, without telling you. You can already stream HDX with the mobile app - so nothing new, nothing fixed, and problem remains. Chrome or mobile app - doesn't matter. Neither will cast those UHD titles to a Shield TV (last time I checked, not to Sony Android TV chrome cast receiver either...).

It's hard to sell a product to somebody when they can't use it. That's the issue for Vudu right now. It's like the cable company trying to sell you cable TV but the cable tv box is broken.

How long should the cable TV subscriber wait for the box to be fixed before moving on to satellite TV, and should the cable TV provider be surprised if that happens. Something to think about.

Some detailed and accurate feedback on the status of these issues would go a long way with some of us, because sporadic and vague information encourages your customers that face these issues to move on to other solutions that work. I think you'd agree that once that happens it will be very difficult to get those customers back.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT: I notice you say Nvidia says they can't reproduce. They told me they could, but it wasn't their issue - was an app issue - and to reach out to Vudu.

Comment

Any updates on this issue? It's been months and VUDU doesn't seem any closer to a fix. Can we at least get a response from VUDU?

Comment

Originally posted by msturge77 View Post
                            Any updates on this issue? It's been months and VUDU doesn't seem any closer to a fix. Can we at least get a response from VUDU?
                            Are you referring to the darker video on Shield? We did identify the issue and a fix should be going out within the next week.

[Edit: I heard this will actually be going out in the next day...]
                            Last edited by Jake; 04-26-2018, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Sorry, I was referring to the inability to cast UHD movies from the App. I have a Vizio P Series with built in ChromeCast. Searching through the forums it seems like the issue was Dolby Vision coding moving from D4 to D5? & VUDU is updating the Dolby Vision coding of their newer DV UHD movies? Or at least something in that ballpark? Is there an estimated fix date? I Still can't watch Last Jedi & I want to purchase Thor & Black Panther, but if they are not going to work either ..

Comment

Are you referring to the darker video on Shield? We did identify the issue and a fix should be going out within the next week.

[Edit: I heard this will actually be going out in the next day...]
                                Jake Could you please let us know once it has been release?

Comment

Working...
                                X