Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

VUDU iTunes App is now Available!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VUDU iTunes App is now Available!

WOW that looks sweet. It would be nice to have something like that on my LG DARE. I won't consider an iPhone until I can get one from Verizon, it has native WMA support(95% of my music is in the WMA format) and it has enough memory to hold all my music(so I can use one device for calls and music. I currently use the number one WMA portable player for my music).

Comment

Originally posted by HeadHodge View Post
      What's an iPhone?? Is an iPod some sort of vegtable??
      The iPhone and IPod is a device that turns people into vegetables, they lose the ability to communicate, and walk around without emotions. Its like The Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Take public transportation during rush hour and you will see what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by tamanaco View Post
        Well, I can only wish that a Windows Mobile version of this app is in the works... the more the merrier. I'm not an iPhone or iPod fan, but that platform has gotten its act together as it relates to applications availability and rich content delivery. I'm having the the same issue with WM and my SqueezeBox and SqueezeCenter... There is now a new remote control app for the iPhone/iTouch, but just an old forgotten beta for Windows mobile.

As mentioned above, an online catalog add-to-wishlist feature would be nice.
        I also wish they support Windows Mobile and Blackberry's. There is a large installed base of these devices. I have the skyfire browser on my Windows Mobile phone and can do almost anything with it. I's works well with the VUDU web site.

http://www.skyfire.com/

I have actually rented HDX content from my phone with this browser....

Comment

I have also used Skyfire on my WM 6.1 phone to access the Vudu movie catalog, but the process gets a bit tedious as you have too zoom in and out here and there to get to where you want to go in the catalog. A dedicated WM application like the one for the iPhone would be better.
          I'd will disagree with NAD9 and say that the installed base of either WM or Symbian surpasses the current market penetration of the iPhone platform. The number of WM devices goes across multiple vendors and across multiple devices. The Apple platform is a "very" closed and is only for Apple devices. Heck, you basically can only buy apps from iTunes. Walk into any cell phone store anywhere in the world and you can see multiple devices that run WM made from different manufacturers while there is only the iPhone, if available, running Apple's platform. That is not to say the Apple platform is worse, it just has not reached that kind of market penetration you mentioned. As other vendors emulate their platform the current "cool" UI functionality advantage will disappear. This is what happened to the Palm PDA, to Nokia phones, to the Motorola RAZr and it will eventually also happen to the iPhone. The market sweet spot for mobile devices is not static this has been proven again and again. Ask any company that thought they had that segment of market cornered. Btw, years ago I owned a Newton... then Palm came into the picture.
          I'm not an iAnything fan, but I respect the user interfaces that Apple puts out. The iPhone/iTouch interface is currently the measuring stick for mobile user interfaces. Windows and Linux still have some way to go as it relates to UI. To me Windows/Linux are analogous to driving a standard (Stick-Shift) car while Apple is like driving an Automatic car. I can see and understand the advantages and comfort associated with driving an Automatic car, but you can never convince me to buy one. Ok? it's easier to drive, but some of the fun, for me, goes right out the Window. I've been using computers for some time now and being able to use my ever decreasing tech skills to tweak my devices still appeals to me. Being able to push my car to jump start it appeals to me. iAnything devices do not easily lend themselves to this kind of tweaking and I love the pain associated with tweaking digital devices... call me masochist.

Comment

There may be a lot of devices that run WM but look at the actual sales numbers and market share of devices world wide. Symbian had been the king for a long time. Then Blackberry took over and now iPhone has surpassed Blackberry. WM has ALWAYS been at the bottom of smart phone market share. Devices such as the MotoQ and the Palm 700W have helped but it's still small comparatively.

WM is much more popular in places like Europe and Asia than the US but Vudu isn't available there. And find me a Symbian phone in the US! It's not impossible but they are somewhat rare now days.

If it were to make sense for any additional platform to be added, it would be Blackberry.

Also, I tweak my iPhone all the time and more easily than my HP iPAQ with WM5. Look at the "NA9D" and the Smiley Face in the images. The NA9D should say AT&T and the Smiley face should be signal bars...

My biggest annoyance with WM5 is that it doesn't do things correctly and it's very quirky. I turn my device off and half the time, it won't remember the WiFi network I was connected to for minutes if ever. I usually have to go in and manually reconnect the network! It does stupid stuff like that that is so annoying. Maybe WM6 is better but I can't put that on my device.

Comment

when i first read this i thought vudu added the ability to transfer movie rentals/purchases to an ipod device. no such luck ((

Comment

Originally posted by NA9D View Post
                WM is much more popular in places like Europe and Asia than the US but Vudu isn't available there. And find me a Symbian phone in the US! It's not impossible but they are somewhat rare now days.

If it were to make sense for any additional platform to be added, it would be Blackberry.
                It is true that currently in North America WM Smarphones sales are trailing those of the iPhone and Blackberry. All other cell phones also trailed the RAZr when it came out. WM still has a very significant share of the market. This share will grow as WM Smartphone manufacturers start to mimic the touch interface of the iPhone. The folks at MS have done this to Apple before. Apple invents the wheel and MS gets the market share of the wheels. The UI differences between iPhone and WM smartphones will disapear. The one-click store for applications will also be emulated by other vendors. When these points of differentiation disapear we'll see what happens. Take a look at the new WM Smarphone coming from HTC and how the new online stores for Smarphones from Blackberry, Goggle and MS fare.

I had this iPhone vs WM Smarphone conversation before in several forums. The iPhone fans won't budge and the WM fans won't budge either. So, let's wait a few months and see where the iPhone market share is when more its wannabe "clones" come to market.

Comment

I see Android as more of a threat to the iPhone than WM. I really think WM is going to fade regardless of what Microsoft does. Android is effectively free and given the current market and cost to develop, why would a handset provider spend money to purchase product from BillCo when they can get it from Google for basically nothing...

Anyhow, we'll see what happens. BillCo hasn't been able to overcome the iPod with the Zune. It's just that the anti-SteveCo people are just as rabbid as the pro-SteveCo people.

Comment

I really think WM is going to fade regardless of what Microsoft does.
                    You just say that, because you still only use the DOS prompt.

Comment

C:\

C:\DOS

C:\DOS\RUN

RUN DOS RUN!

DOS IS FUN!

Comment

And your problem with that is???

Comment

And your problem with that is???
                          You haven't upgraded to the CMD prompt yet!!!

(with it, you can do great things, like resize the window)

Comment

Closing this thread now that we have an official thread for discussion and support for the iPhone application:

http://forum.vudu.com/showthread.php?t=9464
                            Last edited by JohnA; 01-22-2009, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X