atasehir escort pendik escort ankara escort

Announcement

Collapse

Vudu Forum Guidelines

Vudu Forum Guidelines

The Vudu Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Vudu experience. Here, Vudu customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Vudu and Vudu -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Vudu customers with questions and/or problems with their Vudu service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Vudu Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Vudu Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Vudu reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Vudu products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Vudu retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Vudu Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Vudu products and services should be directed to Vudu customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Vudu, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Vudu a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Vudu desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Vudu will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Vudu is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Vudu the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Vudu for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Vudu takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Commercials on TV Shows! When did this start?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Commercials on TV Shows! When did this start?

    Why is Vudu allowing commercials on FOX TV Shows? I've been checking out some shows like Sleepy Hollow, New Girl, and Empire. At the start of each episode, there's a commercial for FOX TV. Is this a new trend? I never noticed it before.

    I was thinking about buying Season 2 of Sleepy Hollow. But I'm not paying for commercials. That's why I dropped Hulu Plus.

    Any other Networks adding commercials to their shows on Vudu?

    #2
    Re: Commercials on TV Shows! When did this start?

    They've had commercials in movie theaters for years. I don't like that, either.

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Commercials on TV Shows! When did this start?

      Thanks for pointing this out, tbdave. I will not pay to watch commercials; that's why I've been using DVRs for well over a decade. I am ripping movies to my Plex media server because many newer Blu-rays don't even let you skip to the main menu, which infuriates me. I'll make sure to watch the 2-minute preview before buying any FOX content on Vudu.

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Commercials on TV Shows! When did this start?

        Originally posted by MaxH View Post
        Thanks for pointing this out, tbdave. I will not pay to watch commercials; that's why I've been using DVRs for well over a decade. I am ripping movies to my Plex media server because many newer Blu-rays don't even let you skip to the main menu, which infuriates me. I'll make sure to watch the 2-minute preview before buying any FOX content on Vudu.
        I don't think making us see the previews or not letting us skip to main (top) menu is right either. In situations like these, I just simply fast forward through them.

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Commercials on TV Shows! When did this start?

          Originally posted by tbdave View Post
          Why is Vudu allowing commercials on FOX TV Shows? I've been checking out some shows like Sleepy Hollow, New Girl, and Empire. At the start of each episode, there's a commercial for FOX TV. Is this a new trend? I never noticed it before.

          I was thinking about buying Season 2 of Sleepy Hollow. But I'm not paying for commercials. That's why I dropped Hulu Plus.

          Any other Networks adding commercials to their shows on Vudu?
          Well, FX Network puts commercials on their shows. This is the first I've heard of Fox (or any other network) doing it, though.

          That is interesting about Sleepy Hollow. Does anybody know if this applies to Season 2 episodes, or just Season 1? I picked up S02E01 when it was free and that episode does not have a commercial. Interestingly, the Season 1 episodes on Amazon do not have commercials, so that makes it a bit more infuriating that they would be present on Vudu.

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Commercials on TV Shows! When did this start?

            Originally posted by jjohns View Post
            That is interesting about Sleepy Hollow. Does anybody know if this applies to Season 2 episodes, or just Season 1? I picked up S02E01 when it was free and that episode does not have a commercial. Interestingly, the Season 1 episodes on Amazon do not have commercials, so that makes it a bit more infuriating that they would be present on Vudu.
            Sleepy Hollow S02E02 has a commercial (and so do the later Season 2 episodes). You can see it in the 2 Minute Preview.

            http://www.vudu.com/movies/#!content...ow-The-Kindred

            I wonder if iTunes has the commercials?

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Commercials on TV Shows! When did this start?

              Originally posted by jjohns View Post
              Well, FX Network puts commercials on their shows. This is the first I've heard of Fox (or any other network) doing it, though.
              Ugh, you're right. There are commercials on FX Network shows like Fargo, American Horror Story, Sons of Anarchy, Archer, The Americans, and The Strain.

              There's also commercials on FXX Network shows like The League and It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

              Anyone notice other networks doing this? Or is it just limited to the 3 Fox channels?

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Commercials on TV Shows! When did this start?

                Originally posted by tbdave View Post
                Sleepy Hollow S02E02 has a commercial (and so do the later Season 2 episodes). You can see it in the 2 Minute Preview.

                http://www.vudu.com/movies/#!content...ow-The-Kindred

                I wonder if iTunes has the commercials?
                Yes. They do. I used to buy American horror story seasons though them and they always had a commercial for another FX show at the beginning. The Simpsons too. I believe Mad Men through ITunes does too but I might be wrong on that one.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Commercials on TV Shows! When did this start?

                  Originally posted by madmod20061 View Post
                  Yes. They do. I used to buy American horror story seasons though them and they always had a commercial for another FX show at the beginning. The Simpsons too. I believe Mad Men through ITunes does too but I might be wrong on that one.
                  Oh, that's interesting. We've recently gotten into American Horror Story and watched into the second season on Netflix, and there were no ads of any sort.

                  But at least if there were I could fast forward through them. Many Blu-rays don't let you navigate at all while their stupid ads are playing, which is why I was saying I'm ripping the main titles and putting them on my Plex server.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Commercials on TV Shows! When did this start?

                    Holy cow, what are the Simpsons right now? $45 a season and you have to watch 20+ commercials for the year? Who came up with this idea they need to be slapped.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X