Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

MGM catalog movies for rent only need to change!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MGM catalog movies for rent only need to change!

Will the hundreds of MGM movies for rent only, EVER be available to purchase?! It seems to me that MGM has the highest percentage of rent only films on vudu. I know that none of us have an answer to my question. It's really just a rhetorical question so that I can vent a little bit. There are so many that started as rent only and have never changed. Maybe in 5 years? 10? Okay, I'm done now.

Re: MGM catalog movies for rent only need to change!

I was very encouraged when they made a bunch of MGM titles UV a few months ago, but nothing seems to have happened since. I agree with you that they need to make a bunch of these available for purchase soon, though. I do notice that they are starting to put MGM titles on promo sales more often now, which is a good thing. Unfortunately, the majority of them on the sales that started today, I already own because they were "must haves" for either my wife or myself. I will be picking up Annie Hall though.

Comment

You'd have better luck contacting MGM, who makes the decision about only making their titles available for rent, rather than posting on a Vudu user forum.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffpn View Post
        You'd have better luck contacting MGM, who makes the decision about only making their titles available for rent, rather than posting on a Vudu user forum.
        Actually, according to some of the moderator posts on these forums, Vudu has a "content team" and I would think that this request would be appropriate for the content team to look into. I think they would have better access and carry more weight than one or two customer inquiries. A mod can easily pass along this request.

https://forum.vudu.com/announcement.php?f=191
        Here, VUDU customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of VUDU and VUDU-related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc).
        From http://www.vudu.com/support.html?supportPage=home
        Can I request a movie to be on VUDU?
        Published 06/05/2012 03:45 PM |
        If you would like request a movie on the VUDU service that we do not currently offer, you can do so on our forums.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffpn View Post
          You may be right and I have already contacted MGM in the past. I figure it doesn't hurt to post our wishes and frustrations in multiple places. This time I was really just venting because I know that I will find many who agree and understand in this forum of movie junkies.

Comment

[QUOTE=Grey Ghost;1277607]Actually, according to some of the moderator posts on these forums, Vudu has a "content team" and I would think that this request would be appropriate for the content team to look into. I think they would have better access and carry more weight than one or two customer inquiries. A mod can easily pass along this request.

Good point! I figure the more noise we make in multiple places, the better chance something might happen.

Comment

Most of the titles on my wishlist are MGM titles, and I will not purchase them until they are made available with UV rights. Here are 22 out of the 34 titles on my wishlist. If they had UV I would buy most of them. Please do it vudu!

Agent Cody Banks
              The Birdcage
              Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
              City Slickers
              Clifford
              Dances with Wolves
              The Greatest Story Ever Told
              Hackers
              Hoosiers
              Legally Blonde
              Of Mice and Men
              Nicholas Nickleby
              Pink Panther
              Princess Bride
              Rocky
              Silence of the Lambs
              Spaceballs
              The Terminator
              The Thomas Crown Affair
              Weekend at Bernies
              West Side Story
              When Harry Met Sally

Comment

Dances with Wolves is UV but the only way to buy it is to get the Blu-ray and redeem the code. I got it for $8.99 and can confirm it works.

Comment

I just noticed a bunch of MGM titles on my Wishlist are now on sale, including Benny & Joon, The Birdcage, When Harry Met Sally, and Annie Hall!

A couple Lionsgate titles too including Basic Instinct (Unrated cut is also available, but not on sale) and Beautiful Girls.

Comment

Originally posted by PFloyd View Post
                    I just noticed a bunch of MGM titles on my Wishlist are now on sale, including Benny & Joon, The Birdcage, When Harry Met Sally, and Annie Hall!

A couple Lionsgate titles too including Basic Instinct (Unrated cut is also available, but not on sale) and Beautiful Girls.
                    Well, that's encouraging. But on the discouraging side, out of 489 MGM movies available on Vudu, 225 are available for rent only, which is nearly 50%!! No other studio has even close to that high of a percentage of rent only movies. In fact, I think all the other major studios have less than 5% as rent only, or something close to that.

Comment

Originally posted by echopulse View Post
                      Most of the titles on my wishlist are MGM titles, and I will not purchase them until they are made available with UV rights. Here are 22 out of the 34 titles on my wishlist. If they had UV I would buy most of them. Please do it vudu!

Agent Cody Banks
                      The Birdcage
                      Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
                      City Slickers
                      Clifford
                      Dances with Wolves
                      The Greatest Story Ever Told
                      Hackers
                      Hoosiers
                      Legally Blonde
                      Of Mice and Men
                      Nicholas Nickleby
                      Pink Panther
                      Princess Bride
                      Rocky
                      Silence of the Lambs
                      Spaceballs
                      The Terminator
                      The Thomas Crown Affair
                      Weekend at Bernies
                      West Side Story
                      When Harry Met Sally
                      princess bride and when harry met sally are both UV enabled as well

Comment

In fact, here are the actual percentages of rent only movies for each major studio on Vudu (the % of rent only movies out of the total available for that studio):

MGM: 46.0%
                        20th Century Fox: 2.0%
                        Lionsgate: 2.7%
                        Paramount: 2.3%
                        Sony: 0.02%
                        Universal: 1.5%
                        Walt Disney: 2.2%
                        Warner Brothers: 0.06%

I think I will email this data to MGM. What's up with them? Why wouldn't they want to generate more sales and thus profits?!

Comment

Originally posted by danglin709 View Post
                          princess bride and when harry met sally are both UV enabled as well
                          As is Dances with Wolves . . .

Comment

Originally posted by PFloyd View Post
                            As is Dances with Wolves . . .
                            There are several MGM titles with UV rights, but none of them are Disc 2 Digital. That is really what I want.

Comment

I sent an email to comments@mgm.com making two requests: 1) Make all their movies UV-enabled, and 2) make their rent only movies available to purchase, if possible. I included the same data I provided in this thread regarding the percentage of rent only movies for each major studio on Vudu.

I addressed the email to Roma Khanna, President of Television Group and Digital. Who knows if the email will ever be actually forwarded to her, but it's worth a try.

If some of you would also send an email with the same requests, this may help. Probably won't, but the more of us that make some noise, the better.

Comment

Working...
                              X