Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Charging Shipping on Disc + Digital?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charging Shipping on Disc + Digital?

Was going to order the Disc + Digital on Thoroughbreds this morning when I noticed that it wanted to charge me $5.99 shipping for this item. Is this going to be a regular occurence going forward? If so, it's going to greatly reduce the amount of movies I buy from Vudu.

I agree with you. I had planned to buy three disc + digital movies but that?s almost the price of another movie. This, in addition to digital-only releases of very popular movies and removing the disc to digital conversion feature from iOS has severely decreased my personal enjoyment and convenience of the service. It?s easier to go to an actual store and pick up multiple movies at one time. I?d like to know if this is going to be a regular occurrence too so I can make some informed choices.

Comment

Me too. I messaged them about this but haven?t heard back yet. It still appears as a $5.99 charge today.

Comment

They still haven't corrected this. I also wanted to purchase Thoroughbreds and two other new releases through disc + digital. Last time they did this was with the new Jumanji and it was not corrected till the Friday after the Tuesday release. I hope this will be corrected soon and not a new policy of charging shipping for new releases.

Comment

This has nothing to do with Vudu, unless you count the lack of a cart.

Shipping is determined by Walmart.com, which only offers free shipping on orders of $35+, pre-order Blu-ray discs, and select titles. Otherwise standard shipping is $5.99.

If you order a Disc+Digital before the disc release, it'll always have free shipping, as it'll process at Walmart.com as a preorder. If you want until after the disc release, there is a chance you'll be charged $5.99 shipping.

If Vudu had a cart option, the shipping fee could be avoided by buying two Disc+Digital titles (and getting over the $35 minimum), but there is no word on if or when that will ever happen.

Comment

I agree with you B. I was going to purchase three movies but this shipping costs almost equates to an entire movie. I hope this is an error that there is a shipping cost on movies. I can almost understand if it?s additional physical content. This in addition to removing the iOS disc conversion from the app and have digital-only exclusives of really popular movies has diminished some of the enjoyment I have for this app. I have hundreds of movies through Vudu and have rarely seen many that required shipping. Vudu is a Walmart service. One of the biggest companies in the world. It?d be a shame to ruin a good service to make a little more money coming up with this out of nowhere. I?d prefer to continue buying from here but there are other stores out there that offer disc+digital without any multiple shipping fees depending on how many movies a person wants.

Comment

Originally posted by gamescan View Post
              If you order a Disc+Digital before the disc release, it'll always have free shipping, as it'll process at Walmart.com as a preorder. If you want until after the disc release, there is a chance you'll be charged $5.99 shipping.

These are all preorder discs we are trying to order and they are charging $5.99 each. Thoroughbreds, Death Wish, Strangers Prey at Night, and Annihilation.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Texan26 View Post

These are all preorder discs we are trying to order and they are charging $5.99 each. Thoroughbreds, Death Wish, Strangers Prey at Night, and Annihilation.
                  Checking at Walmart it looks like I was wrong about preorder shipping being free.

For example, Death Wish doesn't have free shipping for a preorder for some reason:
                  https://www.walmart.com/ip/Death-Wis...-DVD/782374560

If Walmart charges shipping on the disc, Vudu passes that cost on to you.

If Walmart has it for free shipping, then Vudu gives free shipping.

The only way to avoid it right now is to order multiple discs from Walmart and hope that Instawatch works. Until Vudu implements a shopping cart, there is no way to order multiple discs at a time to get free shipping via the Vudu interface.

Comment

Originally posted by gamescan View Post

Checking at Walmart it looks like I was wrong about preorder shipping being free.

It was free until this week which is the point of the original post. The same thing happened the week Jumanji came out and they corrected it by Friday. Maybe it's now a permanent thing without notice.

Comment

And now suddenly, Death Wish has free shipping. The other titles have not been corrected. Ordered Death Wish Disc + Digital before they change their minds.

Edit: Annihilation also now has free shipping. The Strangers: Prey At Night and Thorughbreds are still charging 5.99 shipping.

Comment

It's dumb that Walmart is charging shipping in the first place, usually when I place an order through them it's for movies in seperate weeks anyway, so they're just going to be shipping them seperate. If they had their system set up halfway decent and you could tell which movies were actually going to include Instawatch I'd prefer ordering from Walmart, but sometimes it's nice to take the guessing out of the equation and just get Disc + Digital since you know it's going to work. Especially since every time I've ordered from Walmart and the title didn't have Instawatch and I tried to cancel it and they ship it any way. So if they're worried about shipping costs so much, why do they waste money shipping orders that have been canceled.

Comment

We are working on getting the D+D pre-orders to ship for free again. I've already passed along the titles mentioned in this thread to the Walmart folks.

Comment

Working...
                          X