atasehir escort pendik escort ankara escort

Announcement

Collapse

Vudu Forum Guidelines

Vudu Forum Guidelines

The Vudu Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Vudu experience. Here, Vudu customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Vudu and Vudu -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Vudu customers with questions and/or problems with their Vudu service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Vudu Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Vudu Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Vudu reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Vudu products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Vudu retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Vudu Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Vudu products and services should be directed to Vudu customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Vudu, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Vudu a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Vudu desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Vudu will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Vudu is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Vudu the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Vudu for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Vudu takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Selecting Stereo

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Selecting Stereo

    I'm not sure if its the encoding or my equipment, but some movies with surround sound appear to have a downmixed center channel. Surround sound does not necessarily mean better especially in the case of remixed soundtracks to older movies. Is there a way to select stereo sound like there is for Netflix streaming? I don't think this is done automatically because a lot of recent films I've watched on Vudu have been pretty underwhelming in the sound department, even though they sounded good in theaters. Perhaps I'm in need of an upgrade to my equipment.

    #2
    Re: Selecting Stereo

    Originally posted by IPhoneUser View Post
    I'm not sure if its the encoding or my equipment, but some movies with surround sound appear to have a downmixed center channel. Surround sound does not necessarily mean better especially in the case of remixed soundtracks to older movies. Is there a way to select stereo sound like there is for Netflix streaming? I don't think this is done automatically because a lot of recent films I've watched on Vudu have been pretty underwhelming in the sound department, even though they sounded good in theaters. Perhaps I'm in need of an upgrade to my equipment.
    You won't be able to change the audio specifically inside the VUDU application. However, most devices should give you the option to do this from the main menu of your device. It's possible that your receiver may be able to do this as well.
    Dan H.
    VUDU QA

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Selecting Stereo

      Originally posted by DanielH View Post
      You won't be able to change the audio specifically inside the VUDU application. However, most devices should give you the option to do this from the main menu of your device. It's possible that your receiver may be able to do this as well.
      I have a Polk soundbar. The only options on the remote control are to toggle the volume or the bass from the subwoofer and of course there is no display. Is there any other way to customize the audio if you have a soundbar. I may just have to go back to my original setup where I had a receiver with separate speakers.

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Selecting Stereo

        Originally posted by IPhoneUser View Post
        I have a Polk soundbar. The only options on the remote control are to toggle the volume or the bass from the subwoofer and of course there is no display. Is there any other way to customize the audio if you have a soundbar. I may just have to go back to my original setup where I had a receiver with separate speakers.
        Does that soundbar support DD and DD+? Are you using a HDMI cable, Optical?
        Dan H.
        VUDU QA

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Selecting Stereo

          Originally posted by DanielH View Post
          Does that soundbar support DD and DD+? Are you using a HDMI cable, Optical?
          I'm not sure about DD+ but I know the soundbar is connected by optical and does not have an HDMI out. As far as I know it doesn't do lossless but should have no problem encoding Dolby surround.

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Selecting Stereo

            I'm confused as to how you're able to detect that a movie has a "downmixed center channel" when all you have to work with is a soundbar. What, exactly, is it that you're hearing that doesn't seem right to you?

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Selecting Stereo

              Originally posted by IPhoneUser View Post
              I'm not sure about DD+ but I know the soundbar is connected by optical and does not have an HDMI out. As far as I know it doesn't do lossless but should have no problem encoding Dolby surround.
              Could you give me the model number of the soundbar?
              Dan H.
              VUDU QA

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Selecting Stereo

                Originally posted by CT-Scott View Post
                I'm confused as to how you're able to detect that a movie has a "downmixed center channel" when all you have to work with is a soundbar. What, exactly, is it that you're hearing that doesn't seem right to you?
                For example, if there are actors talking in a crowded room, there conversation may be overshadowed by the ambient crowd noise. Also if there is a song on the soundtrack, it will sound overbearing.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Selecting Stereo

                  Originally posted by DanielH View Post
                  Could you give me the model number of the soundbar?
                  This is the one I have:

                  Polk Audio - SurroundBar 5000 IHT Soundbar with 6-1/2" Wireless Subwoofer

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Selecting Stereo

                    Originally posted by IPhoneUser View Post
                    This is the one I have:

                    Polk Audio - SurroundBar 5000 IHT Soundbar with 6-1/2" Wireless Subwoofer
                    Sorry, should have asked for your Blu-Ray model number as well.

                    Are you set to PCM or Bitstream on the BDP. Do you notice any difference when you switch between the two?
                    Dan H.
                    VUDU QA

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: Selecting Stereo

                      Originally posted by DanielH View Post
                      Sorry, should have asked for your Blu-Ray model number as well.

                      Are you set to PCM or Bitstream on the BDP. Do you notice any difference when you switch between the two?
                      I have a PS3. On audio settings, there is an hdmi, optical, and one other selection. I selected optical since that's the only audio out that comes with the soundbar, which takes me to a screen where I can select one or multiple audio streams. I have Dolby 5.1 and AAC both selected. Optical sounds better than HDMI on my setup, yet the audio level for dialogue can be a little low sometimes. This is especially apparent with modern movies with complex soundtracks.

                      Also, unlike with a blu ray movie, pressing select on my PS3 Controller doesn't bring a display screen when watching on Vudu.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X