Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Latest Vudu App on Sony Android TV = Trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest Vudu App on Sony Android TV = Trouble

I have two newer model Sony Bravia TVs in my house: the XBR-65x850E and the XBR-55X700D.

Both are running the latest versions of Android OS. But ever since Vudu updated its app on these TVs, the Dolby Digital 5.1 surround will no longer function on either TV while playing a Vudu movie. The previous Vudu app provided flawless 5.1 surround sound. I've checked and found that surround works fine for other Android apps on both TVs, including Prime Video and Starz. But not Vudu.

Other problems with the latest Vudu app on both TVs:

- Stuttering issues. About every two to five minutes, HDX video playback freezes, sound gets choppy, and sometimes the app crashes altogether. On both TVs. I checked the internet throughput on both TVs, which use wired ethernet connections. The connections are fast and solid, so it is not a lack of bandwidth causing the problem. Other apps, such as Hulu and Netflix, run fine.

- This is more of a cosmetic concern, but the new Vudu app on both Android TVs looks like it is a pretty close copy of GooglePlay Movies. The menu is strikingly similar, including the left-hand column that has all the menu options. I much prefer the old Vudu app's appearance and functionality. It looks like GooglePlay, not Vudu, redesigned the app.

It's disconcerting that Vudu does not run well or efficiently on these high-end Sony Bravia TVs. I could always buy a Roku and stop using the Bravia Android TV Vudu app, but who knows if the app on the Roku wouldn't eventually get a make-over that messes things up.

Is there any hope that these problems might get fixed? Has anyone else seen similar trouble?

I'm also adding this link from another Vudu forum post, which has many people talking about Vudu not running reliably on newer-model Rokus, including the Ultra. https://forum.vudu.com/forum/technic...liably-on-roku

And more comments about trouble here, it is an older post but from what I can see, Vudu never fixed the problems that people were having: https://forum.vudu.com/forum/vudu/ge...h-roku-anymore

And yet another here: https://forum.vudu.com/forum/vudu/ge...painful-to-use

Seems like Vudu has some serious problems to work out with its interface.

Thanks for any input or advice.

The Rokus issues you pointed out are old, they have been resolved and have been for a while. The few folks who are reporting issues on their Roku most likely are having a local issue with their network. Roku has been pretty solid for me and I'm sure for many others. I don't own a Sony Android TV so I can't speak on that.

Comment

Yes, I acknowledged that those Roku posts were older, although one of them still has people saying they are having trouble as of early September, so it sounds like some issues may remain. One of the links I posted is for Android TV, so it seems I am not alone in the problems I'm seeing. I sent a note to googleplay@vudu.com, which is where Android informs users to ask for troubleshooting help. But I've gotten no response, just crickets.

Comment

I guess TVs and sticks aren't the way to go here. Play Vudu via a bluray player. My Oppo and Sony play Vudu fast and flawless.

Comment

The main reason you have not had trouble with the Sony or Oppo bluray players is because Vudu has not "upgraded" their app on those devices. If they do, you will probably have the same trouble.

But I agree that the Android TV is a bit of a mess when it comes to many apps. I have had generally good success with Vudu on the Xbox 1, the PS3, and the PS4, mainly because they still run the older, reliable, rock-solid Vudu app. I guess I should give up on trying to run Vudu through Android TV . . . It works lousy with the "upgraded" Vudu app and I can't get Vudu or Google to provide any insight into fixing the problems.

The "upgraded" Vudu app is what is causing trouble.

Comment

Working...
          X