Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

4K REDEEM / RIGHTS ISSUES AT VUDU (12/17/2018 - MI:Fallout Fixed)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated - The Evil Dead UHD purchase is delivering HD UV, not UHD UV.

Comment

Actually there many movies that only redeem UHD codes from certain Digital Providers. If you search online you will find a few sites that actually give a good guide of which provider to redeem a code at to get the UHD copy if allowed. Most of the sites also give a breakdown of whether MA or UV will give you a UHD copy and what other Digital Providers support the UHD copy (iTunes, FandangoNow, Vudu, etc.). This is more of a movie studio matter of whether they are giving a UHD digital copy with the code and where, than it is a Vudu issue. Bear in mind Fox and Universal have stopped supporting UV for new movie redemptions at Vudu.

Comment

Dadbart - most of us on the thread are Senior Members and understand how UV/MA and UHD work. We're not just pestering VUDU from a lack of understanding - the issues we raise are VUDU issues.

We're not asking UV rights from studios that are no longer UV and we're not asking UHD rights from studios that don't issue them.

This is a thread of simply ... errors and inconsistencies in redemption (meaning an issue at VUDU, where it is not an issue elsewhere - FandangoNow, etc - which is delivering UHD and UV rights for the same code). However, as VUDU users primarily, we wish to redeem our codes and get proper rights for redemptions and purchases at VUDU.

We're all pretty big fans of VUDU with large libraries of UV and MA movies. But being heavy users, sometimes we spot the errors.

Comment

Updated to add PUSH, which is redeeming HDX from UHD code. UHD is porting in correctly from FandangoNow. Redemption is an issue. No one has purchased, to confirm UHD rights from UHD purchase.

Comment

Well, Rex couldn't have explained that better.

Inconsistencies is my biggest takeaway. Couldn't be more true.

Comment

I agree...great explanation Rex. I think most everyone with larger libraries have been pretty patient as we realize how much of a pain it can be keeping up with all the various licenses, etc.. Where I have my issues is from redeeming UHD codes and getting HDX at Vudu, which I don't like, but I can be a bit patient waiting on Vudu to get their act together. Then several months later I see Vudu start offering those same movies at the UHD level, and some of mine upgraded, but most didn't. When I ask questions about why my movie didn't upgrade, I get told I shouldn't have redeemed when I did because UHD wasn't yet available when I redeemed it. My redemption code was with a 4k movie that was purchased new. It has a confirmed 4k number in the bottom corner of the redemption code sheet. I currently have 17 movies in my library that meet this criteria, that I don't seem to have any recourse. Here are my movies that continue to be HDX even though they are codes from 4K movies that Vudu now offers at the 4K level....Shape of Water, The Commuter, Hell or High Water, Star Trek Beyond, The Lego Movie, Cars 3, Emoji Movie, Pirates of Caribbean DMTNL, Deadpool, Dredd, John Wick, Expendables 2, Snitch, Kingsmen of the SS, Insurgent, Scorch Trials. The worst part of it all is that I like using Vudu more than all of the other providers. Just wish I could get these movies to upgrade to UHD without having to pay for them twice.

Comment

Thanks for upgrading "Knowing".

Comment

Warner has been made aware of the issue with "Matrix Trilogy" and are supposedly looking into it. I suggest to anyone who has redeemed their Trilogy code here on Vudu to log a ticket with Warner Bros.

VUDU's excuse has been that they are only licensed to offer the Trilogy as HDX, even though they have been licensed to offer the individual films as UHD. Very frustrating and stupid, if you ask me.

Comment

Warner is aware of the issue with "Matrix Trilogy," but they may take faster action if those who have already redeemed their codes here on Vudu would log a ticket with Warner Bros at https://digitalsupport.warnerbros.co...s/requests/new.

Comment

Interesting - here is a response I just received from Vudu regarding the issue with redeeming "The Matrix Trilogy" digital copy code on Vudu in HDX:
                      Hello Todd,
                      Thank you for contacting Vudu Customer Care.

We are currently not supporting the redemption of UHD digital copy codes provided by any retailers. We do support the playback of UHD content directly purchased through us. The terms of use printed on the bottom of the code slip photo you sent us state the following:

? May only include HD main feature
                      ? Some display resolutions may not be available for streaming or download on all devices from all digital services

And The Matrix Trilogy (Bundle) it's only on SD or HDX quality on Vudu, we don't have the bundle on UHD.

Sincerely,

Hanna M.
                      Vudu Customer Care

Comment

Updated 11/9/2018 - to add SOURCE CODE, MECHANIC: RESURRECTION and AMERICAN PSYCHO (redeeming HDX from UHD codes)

Comment

Updated to add ROCKY - which is, yes, giving UV HD from UHD purchase.

Comment

FelipeF we really need a fix on these tonight since the mix & match sale ends today.

G.I. Joe: Retaliation (2013) is delivering UV HD from UHD purchase

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009) is delivering UV HD from UHD purchase

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) is delivering UV HD from UHD purchase

Comment

It is beyond ridiculous how long it is taking for these problematic UHD digital code redemption issues to be addressed. When you redeem a code from a 4K disc purchase it shouldn't take months and months for a retailer to A) add the film in 4K quality and B) make sure that the code redeems in UHD quality & grants appropriate UHD UV rights (when applicable). There are a large number of Lionsgate titles that can be purchased on VUDU in UHD, granting UHD UV rights in the process. Why VUDU cannot work things out QUICKLY with Lionsgate, Sony, etc. to get 4K digital code redemptions to function THE EXACT SAME WAY as purchases is beyond me. I am beyond tired, aggravated, and &#!&$* off at the fact that UHD purchases are consistently yielding UHD quality (and appropriate UHD UV rights), where as us "lowly digital code redeemers" are unable to receive the same courtesy. UHD code redeemers should NOT be treated in such a poor and inconsiderate manner relative to those customers that purchase their films in UHD @ VUDU. Part of me wonders if VUDU isn't moving quickly on addressing UHD code redemption issues so that customers will get tired of waiting for these issues to be fixed and will just pony up the cash. The waiting only alienates customers like me, and drives a wedge between VUDU and its customers. If they are trying to slowly push us to other providers (i.e. iTunes) they seem to be onto something.

Comment

Originally posted by lou_493@yahoo.com View Post
                                It is beyond ridiculous how long it is taking for these problematic UHD digital code redemption issues to be addressed. When you redeem a code from a 4K disc purchase it shouldn't take months and months for a retailer to A) add the film in 4K quality and B) make sure that the code redeems in UHD quality & grants appropriate UHD UV rights (when applicable). There are a large number of Lionsgate titles that can be purchased on VUDU in UHD, granting UHD UV rights in the process. Why VUDU cannot work things out QUICKLY with Lionsgate, Sony, etc. to get 4K digital code redemptions to function THE EXACT SAME WAY as purchases is beyond me. I am beyond tired, aggravated, and &#!&$* off at the fact that UHD purchases are consistently yielding UHD quality (and appropriate UHD UV rights), where as us "lowly digital code redeemers" are unable to receive the same courtesy. UHD code redeemers should NOT be treated in such a poor and inconsiderate manner relative to those customers that purchase their films in UHD @ VUDU. Part of me wonders if VUDU isn't moving quickly on addressing UHD code redemption issues so that customers will get tired of waiting for these issues to be fixed and will just pony up the cash. The waiting only alienates customers like me, and drives a wedge between VUDU and its customers. If they are trying to slowly push us to other providers (i.e. iTunes) they seem to be onto something.
                                I seriously don't think any of this is a priority for Vudu. I'm pretty sure they make more money on their "Movies on Us" or they wouldn't push it the way they do. I don't think they care if you or me or anyone else gets their UHD copy, purchased or otherwise.

Originally posted by FelipeF View Post
                                I will have someone review this list. I cannot guarantee that all will be "fixed" since it's the studios who setup these redemptions.
                                2 weeks & no update. What's the word? I'd like to redeem a 4K Fury code...

Comment

Working...
                                X