Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

UV service shutting down July 31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Savio View Post
    My biggest question concerns shared UV libraries - I have a few family members on a shared library to enjoy the collection (it is really are family collection). Are they now going to be screwed? If so, can Vudu up the device limits so we can give access to our main account to those that were on the shared accounts (if we so choose)??
    Because that's how the terms around the shared libraries always worked.

When you shared a UV library on Vudu, multiple Vudu accounts accessed a single UV library. That UV library only had one owner.

The sharing was done via UV. All purchases were "owned" by the library owner. If you disconnected from the share and reconnected to your personal UV account, you lost access to the shared library.

If UV goes down, it makes sense that the shared links would be broken, and the licenses would only transfer to the account of the person that owned the actual UV library.

Comment

Doesn'tt really affect me as far as I can tell. MoviesAnywhere has pretty much replaced UV. I don't think I ever bough any UV movies anywhere other than Vudu.

Comment

Originally posted by gamescan View Post

Because that's how the terms around the shared libraries always worked.

When you shared a UV library on Vudu, multiple Vudu accounts accessed a single UV library. That UV library only had one owner.

The sharing was done via UV. All purchases were "owned" by the library owner. If you disconnected from the share and reconnected to your personal UV account, you lost access to the shared library.

If UV goes down, it makes sense that the shared links would be broken, and the licenses would only transfer to the account of the person that owned the actual UV library.
        Not really. All links to UV will be broken when UV shuts down. The plan is that VUDU will keep your UV movies in your VUDU account at the shutdown. Shared accounts have their own UV user name and login, so the movies can easybe retained in the linked Vudu account.

Comment

Originally posted by Roxie_Muzic View Post
          My concern is the UHD titles that I have with Sony that are not populating in VUDU, MA or for that matter in Fandango as UHD. I would hate to loose them, so I am hoping that before they turn the lights off over at UVVU VUDU obtains the rights to those titles in UHD, like MIB, MIB2 & MIB3. A few others as well, then there are all of the TV shows that only link to UVVU, those too concern me as to retention of rights and the ability to view them. Some of them were only redeemable on Flixster, as such they did translate over to VUDU, but are they still going to be resident in VUDU when UVVU turns off the lights? So many questions, and so few specific answers from UVVU or other services. Everything is couched in "Don't Panic" language, well I have a ton invested in this medium/cloud service for entertainment, so I would like more specific answers, please. Thank You.
          Send Sony Pictures an email, they are very accommodating. When I got the email about the Sony Pictures store closing, I contacted them about this very issue because I suspected the closure of UV was coming soon. I had 6 Sony movies I redeemed in UV that Vudu didn't have UHD rights for. So, when MA came around, Vudu only pushed HD rights into MA.

They issued me 6 new UHD codes for those movies to redeem though MA with the only condition that they would then be removed from UV. As a result, all my Sony movies have UHD rights in MA now.

Comment

John A. wrote a separate post stating that all movies and Tv shows linked from UV will remain in your Vudu account after July 31st. Regardless of where they were purchased.

Comment

Originally posted by bull3964 View Post
              Send Sony Pictures an email, they are very accommodating. [...] They issued me 6 new UHD codes for those movies to redeem though MA with the only condition that they would then be removed from UV. As a result, all my Sony movies have UHD rights in MA now.
              This is the problem though. If they revoke/remove the UV license then family members with linked accounts will lose access to those movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Ghost View Post

Not really. All links to UV will be broken when UV shuts down. The plan is that VUDU will keep your UV movies in your VUDU account at the shutdown. Shared accounts have their own UV user name and login, so the movies can easybe retained in the linked Vudu account.
                This is what I think is the correct answer. All our UV links are donesky after it shuts down so it really wouldn't matter who the owner is. Since all my subs have their own unique login to myuv their movies should be preserved. If I look at my subs they have different linkage on retailers than mine so I'm think all the subs will be just fine.

Comment

https://variety.com/2019/digital/new...wn-1203123898/

Vudu, the biggest retailer associated with Ultraviolet, was quick to assure its customers that they didn?t have to fear losing their movie collections when the cloud locker service closes.

?Customers who use Vudu to watch, rent, or buy movies and TV shows will not be impacted by the discontinuation of the Ultraviolet platform,? said Vudu vice president Scott Blanksteen. ?These customers will continue to be able to enjoy Vudu content as they have been and continue to access any and all movies and TV shows they have saved in their Vudu library, even after the shutdown of the Ultraviolet service.?

Blanksteen added that customers of other video platforms could always link their Ultraviolet accounts to Vudu to access their collections through the retailer?s apps going forward.
                  ----

So from that, sounds like we keep our current film count, and just buy up any other catalog titles you want to share before July 31st.

Comment

Originally posted by sankoni View Post

This is the problem though. If they revoke/remove the UV license then family members with linked accounts will lose access to those movies.
                    But that's going to happen anyways when UV goes away.

Or, if movies persist after you unlink the account, unlink first before the UV rights are removed.

Comment

On this same line I wonder what will happen with Paramount Movies linked to UV, I have Paramount Movies linked to UV and see no other providers to link that account to going forward. With the issues Disney and Paramount have I may loose access to Paramount I use VUDU most of the time but it was nice to go to Paramount Movies once and a while.
                      I need to look closer but it seems I have a few movies on Paramount that have never ported over to VUDU. Below is pulled from Paramount Help Site.

Why do I have to link an UltraViolet Account?

• This site was created to allow you to redeem your movie code and add it to your UltraViolet account. Without linking to an UltraViolet account, we can?t redeem your UltraViolet code. www.UVVU.com is the central location where you can manage all of your Ultraviolet movies that are hosted in the cloud.

Comment

Originally posted by bull3964 View Post

But that's going to happen anyways when UV goes away.

Or, if movies persist after you unlink the account, unlink first before the UV rights are removed.
                        No, this is not correct. If you redeemed via SonyPicturesStore (hence UV), the Sony movies are currently being shared with linked accounts, albeit in HD quality instead of UHD. Based on current assurances, this will continue to be true even after UV shuts down.

However, if the UV licenses are revoked, linked accounts will lose access to the films.

Comment

Originally posted by Didact View Post
                          MoviesAnywhere has pretty much replaced UV.
                          But yet, it really hasn't. Not factoring bundles and variations of the same titles, I have 884 movies in my Ultraviolet library, and 805 titles in my Movies Anywhere library. Then, there are those odd titles only in my Vudu library (with my total Vudu library being 1085)...so there is about 79 movies I have that need to gain MA licenses, and about another 120 that only have Vudu licenses, no MA or UV.

Comment

I see some people not caring about UV because they prefer MA but keep in mind this can just as easily happen to MA in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by NJScorpio View Post

But yet, it really hasn't. Not factoring bundles and variations of the same titles, I have 884 movies in my Ultraviolet library, and 805 titles in my Movies Anywhere library. Then, there are those odd titles only in my Vudu library (with my total Vudu library being 1085)...so there is about 79 movies I have that need to gain MA licenses, and about another 120 that only have Vudu licenses, no MA or UV.
                              I don't think you're calculating this correctly. You're forgetting that MA includes Disney titles not in UV, while UV includes Paramount/MGM/Lionsgate titles not in MA. So the total number that are VUDU only (neither MA mor UV) should be significantly less than 120.

If you use the VUDU filters to filter by studio you can see which films are Disney. You should have MA licenses for those but no UV.

Comment

Originally posted by sankoni View Post

I don't think you're calculating this correctly. You're forgetting that MA includes Disney titles not in UV, while UV includes Paramount/MGM/Lionsgate titles not in MA. So the total number that are VUDU only (neither MA mor UV) should be significantly less than 120.

If you use the VUDU filters to filter by studio you can see which films are Disney. You should have MA licenses for those but no UV.
                                I have a TON of titles that are neither MA or UV, mainly Lionsgate, MGM, and Wells Go USA. 120 is appropriate. The number of MA-only titles I determined by the difference between my UV-only library at myuv.com and my MA-only library at moviesanywhere.com (79), not comparing it to Vudu. This takes into account UV titles that also have MA license, because it's just finding the number of UV titles missing MA licenses. When comparing my Moviesanywhere library and my Vudu library, there is a difference of 200 movies. When I subtract the number that is the difference between my UV and MA libraries (79) from the difference between my Vudu and MA libraries, it leaves 120 not accounted for, which are the Vudu only titles. These are all rough estimates due to the bundles.

edit: If I were to filter by studio to find the MA-only, I'd also have to include Touchstone and other Disney subsidiaries.

Comment

Working...
                                X