Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

UV service shutting down July 31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still confused. I merged two UV accounts but still have two separate logins. Both accounts appear to have identical libraries. Does it matter which one of these logins are connected to other retailers? I have about 50 titles that I purchased or redeemed from now defunct UV retailers.

Comment

Originally posted by Didact View Post
      MoviesAnywhere has pretty much replaced UV.
      not even by a long shot. No TV title support, many movies missing, no library sharing.... MA has pretty much been worthless for me.

Comment

Perhaps the remaining studios will now get on board with MA. TV really needs to be included as well. If studios were only interested in subscription based television content, then why sell Netflix and Hulu original programming on Vudu and Itunes. These platforms may be replacing cable and OTA but it's not a substitution for owning.

Comment

Originally posted by NJScorpio View Post

I have a TON of titles that are neither MA or UV, mainly Lionsgate, MGM, and Wells Go USA. 120 is appropriate. The number of MA-only titles I determined by the difference between my UV-only library at myuv.com and my MA-only library at moviesanywhere.com (79), not comparing it to Vudu. This takes into account UV titles that also have MA license, because it's just finding the number of UV titles missing MA licenses. When comparing my Moviesanywhere library and my Vudu library, there is a difference of 200 movies. When I subtract the number that is the difference between my UV and MA libraries (79) from the difference between my Vudu and MA libraries, it leaves 120 not accounted for, which are the Vudu only titles. These are all rough estimates due to the bundles.

edit: If I were to filter by studio to find the MA-only, I'd also have to include Touchstone and other Disney subsidiaries.

Hmm interesting. I do understand how you're calculating your totals but I don't think it's an accurate method.

My issue is with the way you're determining the MA-only total of 79. You say the way you determined your MA-only titles was by finding the difference between your total UV count (884) and your total MA count (805) which gives you 79.

However, I think the correct formula to find your MA-only count is finding difference between your total MA count (805) and the total movies your UV and MA libraries have in common. This second number is the one that's tricky to find. To figure out this second number you would need to determine how many movies in your UV count are from Paramount/MGM/Lionsgate (as well as a few other minor studios) and therefore UV-only.

Once we have that count, we can subtract them from the total UV count. The ones left should presumably all be from studios that issued both UV and MA licenses and therefore all movies that your UV and MA libraries have in common.

It's a little confusing, but let's say for example that 250 of your UV movies are from Paramount/MGM/Lionsgate and therefore UV-only. This would mean that your UV library and MA library only have 634 titles in common (884 minus 250).

This means that your MA-only count would actually be the difference between your total MA count (805) and the movies in common (634), which would mean that your total number of MA-only movies would be 171, not 79.

This would also mean that in VUDU the movies that have either an MA or UV license (or both) would be determined by adding your total UV count (885, which includes movies UV and MA have in common) to the MA-only count (171). This would give you a total count of 1056 movies with either an MA or UV license (or both). And the total movies with NEITHER (VUDU only) would be 1085 minus 1056 which is about 29.

I kind of went through the same thing, except that with me my MA count and my UV count were almost identical, which simply meant that the number of Paramount/MGM/Lionsgate movies (UV-only) I owned was almost equal to the number of Disney (MA-only) movies I owned. However, in VUDU my movie count was way higher than my total movie count in either UV or MA. I knew that there was no way that that many of those movies were VUDU only. I had to use the studio filtering in order to determine which of those movies were MA-only and which were UV-only.

NOTE: when I say Disney, I am also including all of Disney's subsidiary studios like Touchtone, Hollywood Pictures, Lucasfilm, Marvel, Pixar etc.

Comment

Originally posted by sankoni View Post

That's what happens when I'm posting at work! I release in reading your post that my phrasing in my initial post is totally wrong...I meant to say that subtracting my total number of titles in my Movies Anywhere library (805) from my total of Ultraviolet titles (884), would give me the number of Ultraviolet titles that do not also have Movies Anywhere licenses......I kept thinking backwards and saying it would give me the number of my MA-only titles...which doesn't really matter for this thread. I was more so bringing out the number of UV titles that still need to have MA titles, so that (in theory) my Moviesanywhere page and myuv.com have the same number of titles. I do know what you mean that there are some MA titles that are not UV...pretty much all the Disney/etc. titles that are post-MA additions to my library....rough guess, maybe 25 titles (no real clue off hand). So...not counting bundles...my Moviesanywhere should have at least 884 titles to reflect MA licenses for every UV titles, plus all the MA-only titles. So about 79 titles need to be added to my MA library from my UV library. If you subtract the (estimated) number of MA-only titles from the MA total, that brings the numbers to 780 and 884, meaning there are 104 UV titles not reflected in the MA library.

As for the Vudu-only titles, you are right, the MA-only titles make it so I'd have to physically count, instead of doing the math in this manner.

Comment

Originally posted by IPhoneUser View Post
              I'm still confused. I merged two UV accounts but still have two separate logins. Both accounts appear to have identical libraries. Does it matter which one of these logins are connected to other retailers? I have about 50 titles that I purchased or redeemed from now defunct UV retailers.
              Are you talking about UV accounts and not Vudu accounts? If you merged UV accounts you would not be left with 2 logins and 2 libraries. Sounds like you have UV sharing set up with 2 linked UV accounts. This is different from a merge.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Ghost View Post
                Are you talking about UV accounts and not Vudu accounts? If you merged UV accounts you would not be left with 2 logins and 2 libraries. Sounds like you have UV sharing set up with 2 linked UV accounts. This is different from a merge.
                That might be the case. I don't know how I can tell for sure. I have my primary Vudu account which has all my UV titles. I have one UV login that's linked to that Vudu account and another login (which also has all my titles) which links to my Fandangonow. I had a secondary Vudu account but it's no longer linked to my UV even though I don't remember ever disconnecting it.

Just checked myuv and indeed it does list one of my email logins as a shared user but when I attempted to merge, it said that, "Both users selected for merge belong to the same account." Should I just leave it alone then?

Comment

Originally posted by diamond204 View Post

Why would Vudu do this? There is no need. Just extra cost and work? Once UV shuts down as long as your account remains linked, the titles will simply remain as owned in Vudu and just the uv logo will go away. Simple. Any issuees with Sony store , etc can be worked out by the user with that studio.
                  Sigh, Sony is closing it's streaming service as well, so those titles that are Sony UHD, like MIB titles are at risk due to this closure of both services that cross reference the licensing information.

***See below and the information taht was provided by bull3964, Thank You so much***
                  Last edited by Roxie_Muzic; 01-31-2019, 06:57 PM. Reason: Correction of information

Comment

Originally posted by bull3964 View Post

Send Sony Pictures an email, they are very accommodating. When I got the email about the Sony Pictures store closing, I contacted them about this very issue because I suspected the closure of UV was coming soon. I had 6 Sony movies I redeemed in UV that Vudu didn't have UHD rights for. So, when MA came around, Vudu only pushed HD rights into MA.

They issued me 6 new UHD codes for those movies to redeem though MA with the only condition that they would then be removed from UV. As a result, all my Sony movies have UHD rights in MA now.
                    Thank you I will get to them tomorrow on the subject, I think that I have about 4 or 5 also that are both MA and UVVU UHD titles but not UHD on VUDU. Thank you again, I will check back and let you all know on that front.

I sent them an e-mail, I have 5 titles that are UHD in Sony & UVVU. MIB 1-3, Labyrinth & Fifth Element. Not sure if these are UHD in MA, but if they are, I requested a code from them to retain my UHD licensing/rights in MA going forward. So glad that I did not have more to try to figure out. I have a whole bunch that are UHD in Fandango, but not VUDU as well. Such a cluster this is right now, sigh....

Thank you for cluing me in to having Sony push out codes that I can redeem in MA to retain my UHD licensing, so very much.

***Well I was wrong again, I had more titles that were UHD in Sony and UVVU, all of the Close Encounters and Passengers, so those got added to the list for Sony to try and fix as well. What a mess I have to say, and I am chuckling as I say that, cause if I did not laugh I would just be plain downright angry at this point....
                    Last edited by Roxie_Muzic; 01-31-2019, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chedwiggen View Post
                      I see some people not caring about UV because they prefer MA but keep in mind this can just as easily happen to MA in the future.
                      Except the MA is designed differently. UV was designed to be a digital locker which is where your purchase rights were stored. Unlinking a retailer from UV caused your UV purchases made at a different retailer disappear. MA works differently where the retailers maintain the licenses and MA works as a coordinator. If you delink a retailer from MA, your linked movies remain.

Note that according to the FAQ, UV is actually switching to the MA model right before they shut down so that the rights aren?t lost at retailers.

Comment

Originally posted by sankoni View Post

No, this is not correct. If you redeemed via SonyPicturesStore (hence UV), the Sony movies are currently being shared with linked accounts, albeit in HD quality instead of UHD. Based on current assurances, this will continue to be true even after UV shuts down.

However, if the UV licenses are revoked, linked accounts will lose access to the films.
                        So, if users are going to continue to have access to the movies after UV is shutdown, at some point they are going to convert to actual purchases in the retailer they have linked (that's pretty much the only way that's going to work). Once that happens, disconnect the UV account and contact Sony for the replacement codes.

Also, as a note, Sony said they were going to revoke the UV rights for those movies, but a few weeks later and they are all still there. So, YMMV.

Comment

Originally posted by Roxie_Muzic View Post
                          I have 5 titles that are UHD in Sony & UVVU. MIB 1-3, Labyrinth & Fifth Element. Not sure if these are UHD in MA, but if they are, I requested a code from them to retain my UHD licensing/rights in MA going forward.
                          All of Sony's UHDs redeem with 4k rights in MA, so you'll be good. Specifically, all 5 of those moves are in UHD on Amazon. So, once you get the MA codes and redeem there, you'll have all of those movies in UHD in Amazon. They are also 4k in Google Play Movies as well (4 with HDR, The 5th Element is 4k only.)

Comment

Originally posted by bull3964 View Post

All of Sony's UHDs redeem with 4k rights in MA, so you'll be good. Specifically, all 5 of those moves are in UHD on Amazon. So, once you get the MA codes and redeem there, you'll have all of those movies in UHD in Amazon. They are also 4k in Google Play Movies as well (4 with HDR, The 5th Element is 4k only.)
                            Thank you so very, very much, it is not like I would be really out, I have over 4,000 movie titles with VUDU and a boatload of TV series all seasons as well, probably about 200+ TV seasons, so would I miss them, most likely not. However, I did pay for them and would like to have them in the cloud, obviously I have invested in VUDU (my primary choice for streaming since 2011) heavily, and hope that going forward we are all supportive of one another.

Thank you again, these forums are great when we all work together, retailer and customers, Thank you all.

***Update, called Sony received 4K codes for all 9 titles redeemable on MA, they have redeemed on MA as 4K. Sony is very accommodating on this issue***

Comment

Working...
                            X