atasehir escort pendik escort ankara escort

Announcement

Collapse

Vudu Forum Guidelines

Vudu Forum Guidelines

The Vudu Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Vudu experience. Here, Vudu customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Vudu and Vudu -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Vudu customers with questions and/or problems with their Vudu service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Vudu Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Vudu Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Vudu reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Vudu products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Vudu retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Vudu Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Vudu products and services should be directed to Vudu customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Vudu, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Vudu a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Vudu desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Vudu will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Vudu is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Vudu the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Vudu for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Vudu takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Spreadsheet - Known VUDU UV Issues That Need Addressing

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by lujan View Post
    I don't know why everyone is expecting Vudu to fix these things when it's not Vudu's fault that UV is closing its doors? I have titles that are 4k on UV that are not 4k on MA or Vudu as well but I'm still hoping that they will be tracked somewhere in 4k after the shutdown.
    I don't believe we are claiming anything is Vudu's "fault" - we are only asking that VUDU - as one of the last possible UV providers (and one that is connected for pass-through to MA) to add UV rights to titles they have (UV titles already sitting today in UV lockers) - so that these titles port into VUDU correctly.

    As noted before - many of these issues have been brought up, in pieces, over the years. titles in HD and multiple providers that are only SD at Vudu. Titles in UHD at multiple providers that are only HD at Vudu. Titles sold with UV rights, where VUDU hadn't applied the UV rights ... so they didn't port.

    With UV claiming "customers will not lose titles" - that can be definitely made true, and we're hoping VUDU will help their customers see it come true. By making titles UV that need UV at VUDU, or adding the resolution (HD or UHD) so that those HD and UHD rights port in properly.

    Comment


      What the heck is "The Dark Knight Reborn (2012)"? It is entry 455 on the spreadsheet.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Rex Strother View Post

        I don't believe we are claiming anything is Vudu's "fault" - we are only asking that VUDU - as one of the last possible UV providers (and one that is connected for pass-through to MA) to add UV rights to titles they have (UV titles already sitting today in UV lockers) - so that these titles port into VUDU correctly.

        ...
        I only mentioned this because of the harsh tone of some of the postings almost demanding that Vudu fix these issues before the UV shutdown. I just don't think the posters should be so demanding when it wasn't a cause of some action by Vudu but probably had more to do with Movies Anywhere coming into being and supported by most of the studios.

        233 UHD
        821 HDX
        3 SD

        Comment


          Edit

          Comment


            Originally posted by sankoni View Post
            What the heck is "The Dark Knight Reborn (2012)"? It is entry 455 on the spreadsheet.
            It was a docoumentrary only sold at Best Buy focued on the Batman films from Nolan. I'm guessing it was sold or redeemed on CinemaNow, which ported to their UV accounts, so once UV ends, that title they will lose forever unless Vudu adds it before UV ends.

            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anj8sQW3oSk

            Comment


              Originally posted by Auburnbachelor

              Well your all set. You?ve got a digital receipt forever. I?m not sure why your worried? You bought them directly. Also some people?s tone sound like this is Vudu?s fault. Not a wish list but a fixed list. Kinda odd.
              If you don't understand, don't post? All you're doing now is repeating what other members are saying now... LOL back on block you go!

              Comment


                Anyone else have issues with "Another Cinderella Story [2008]"? Labeled at UV+MA, it doesn't appear to be importing to myUV and connected libraries.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Wasteland View Post

                  It was a docoumentrary only sold at Best Buy focued on the Batman films from Nolan. I'm guessing it was sold or redeemed on CinemaNow, which ported to their UV accounts, so once UV ends, that title they will lose forever unless Vudu adds it before UV ends.

                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anj8sQW3oSk

                  Oh I'd never heard of it. Thanks for letting me kow. Since I can't buy it maybe I can find it streaming on YouTube or somewhere.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Rex Strother View Post
                    So far - of the 400+ titles that need repair/updating - VUDU has fixed 7. VUDU - we really need a bit more movement on these, please.
                    The unfortunate reality is that I think we will be lucky if Vudu gets to 70% of these issues fixed by the end of UV going by past performance. And while that may be a record breaking number of fixes for Vudu in that span of time, the remaining 30% of content will cause a great many ****ed off Vudu / digital content owners.

                    I believe the only way to save 100% of our content is for Vudu to fix the ALID issues (should be easy right?) and create a 'ghost ownership' flag for all the other titles mentioned in your spreadsheet. And right now they are being added much faster than being fixed

                    Basically Vudu can just update their database so that it can import the entire UV database as they already have all the titles in their system (I believe) after the ALID fixes.

                    With all the UV ownership data imported, the task of getting the titles from the studios can occur over a longer time period (not that we don't want as close to a 100% fix by UV End).

                    That way when UV ends we don't have Armageddon going on and digital media taking a far far worse hit in the press that the recent itunes debacle (which was all a crock). If not handled properly this can literally put digital movie purchases back into the stone age and wipe out all the progress that has been made in winning customers over to digital in the past 3 years or so.

                    The screenshots attached illustrate how Vudu can show (past) UV ownership on the movie title pages with a note saying the higher owned quality is not playable at this time (similar to how they don't allow HDX or UHD playback of some titles on PC) . One set shows the SD Tab, and the other two show how the HDX tab could appear. Then when Vudu drops in the higher res file, the message goes away and the title becomes playable

                    This would work in the same way for a missing UHD file.

                    I imagine an update to the Vudu database like this could take a few months to test and work out any bugs so please consider this Team Vudu and hope you will take action soon.
                    Attached Files

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by diamond204 View Post

                      The unfortunate reality is that I think we will be lucky if Vudu gets to 70% of these issues fixed by the end of UV going by past performance. And while that may be a record breaking number of fixes for Vudu in that span of time, the remaining 30% of content will cause a great many ****ed off Vudu / digital content owners.

                      I believe the only way to save 100% of our content is for Vudu to fix the ALID issues (should be easy right?) and create a 'ghost ownership' flag for all the other titles mentioned in your spreadsheet. And right now they are being added much faster than being fixed

                      Basically Vudu can just update their database so that it can import the entire UV database as they already have all the titles in their system (I believe) after the ALID fixes.

                      With all the UV ownership data imported, the task of getting the titles from the studios can occur over a longer time period (not that we don't want as close to a 100% fix by UV End).

                      That way when UV ends we don't have Armageddon going on and digital media taking a far far worse hit in the press that the recent itunes debacle (which was all a crock). If not handled properly this can literally put digital movie purchases back into the stone age and wipe out all the progress that has been made in winning customers over to digital in the past 3 years or so.

                      The screenshots attached illustrate how Vudu can show (past) UV ownership on the movie title pages with a note saying the higher owned quality is not playable at this time (similar to how they don't allow HDX or UHD playback of some titles on PC) . One set shows the SD Tab, and the other two show how the HDX tab could appear. Then when Vudu drops in the higher res file, the message goes away and the title becomes playable

                      I imagine an update to the Vudu database like this could take a few months to test and work out any bugs so please consider this Team Vudu and hope you will take action soon.
                      This ^ This ^ This ^ This ^ This ^
                      Someone at Vudu hire this man immediately and make him senior advisor to web design team.

                      Comment


                        Any updates?

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by AZHemi View Post
                          Anyone else have issues with "Another Cinderella Story [2008]"? Labeled at UV+MA, it doesn't appear to be importing to myUV and connected libraries.
                          It might take 24-48hrs to show up in myuv. Things have slowed down in regards to UV porting.

                          Comment


                            I will say if and when UV shuts down. If i loose titles that were not added in time, whether or not those titles are UHD/HD and there is nothing in place to make sure they do get upgraded/added once Vudu does add that title after the shutdown and I lost that title, I will never spend a single dollar on a digital title here again.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by PlanetMC View Post

                              It might take 24-48hrs to show up in myuv. Things have slowed down in regards to UV porting.
                              I don't know about that. Yesterday when I purchased Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse the UV license ported over to myuv.com almost instantly.

                              Comment


                                Star Trek trilogy is all UHD on Vudu now, just like FandangoNOW it's not issuing UHD UV rights

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X