Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Vudu UHD - Compatible Devices List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VUDU UHD - Compatible Devices List

Originally posted by popcornninja View Post
    Jake,

Can you confirm if the newly released Roku devices will have UHD access? Specifically the Roku ultra and premiere+, which are also HDR compatible.

Thanks.
    Hello Popcornninja,

Yes the new ROKU UHD devices support VUDU UHD. The Roku's do not support Dolby Vision so the content will not play in HDR.

Thanks,
    Tam

Comment

Originally posted by Starkenator View Post
      The new Chromecast Ultra supports 4K with HDR10 or Dolby Vision. http://hdguru.com/google-unveils-4k-...-dolby-vision/
      Tam or Jake, can you confirm?

Comment

Can someone clarify the Dolby Vision HDR playback requirements for Vizio 2016 M series TV: Does it work out the box using the cast function in the Vudu mobile app?

I can't seem to get HDR on my M70-D3 using google cast via Netflix (resolution is fine but HDR status says "No") so I wasn't sure if the SmartCast "input" actually has Dolby/HDR or it requires an additional streaming box connected via HDMI.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevez48 View Post
          Tam or Jake, can you confirm?
          You don't believe the HD Guru post? How about from the horses mouth?:

https://blog.google/products/chromec...d-hdr-support/

Comment

You don't believe the HD Guru post? How about from the horses mouth?:

https://blog.google/products/chromec...d-hdr-support/
            It's great to see all that in writing from both places, and I truly hope that is the case, but when I look at the ChromCast pre-order/waitlist website, VUDU is not listed, and the one other place I saw it listed it did not have he 4K banner like youtube and Netflix does here: https://store.google.com/product/chromecast_ultra

Comment

Originally posted by Stevez48 View Post
              It's great to see all that in writing from both places, and I truly hope that is the case, but when I look at the ChromCast pre-order/waitlist website, VUDU is not listed, and the one other place I saw it listed it did not have he 4K banner like youtube and Netflix does here: https://store.google.com/product/chromecast_ultra
              So Google says on their official blog that Vudu is being supported in 4K on Chromecast Ultra but you still don't believe it because the app banner isn't shown on their pre-order page? How many apps support Chromecast? You expect every one to be listed?

Comment

The new Chromecast Ultra supports 4K with HDR10 or Dolby Vision. http://hdguru.com/google-unveils-4k-...-dolby-vision/
                I'll wait to buy this until I'm sure that it will work with Vudu Dolby Vision UHD content.

20 UHD
                754 HDX
                2 SD

Comment

If it helps - when they were giving the keynote for the Chromecast Ultra, Vudu was the only service specifically mentioned by the presenter as doing 4K...

Comment

Originally posted by lujan View Post
                    I'll wait to buy this until I'm sure that it will work with Vudu Dolby Vision UHD content.
                    It will, but you need a DolbyVision capable TV for DV, of course (otherwise it will be SDR UHD).

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                      It will, but you need a DolbyVision capable TV for DV, of course (otherwise it will be SDR UHD).
                      Yes, I have a Vizio P series that has lots of audio issues when casting from the tablet or from an iOS device so I'm looking for an alternative that might work better. It's great if the new Chromecast Ultra works with Vudu UHD! Will it also support Atmos?

20 UHD
                      754 HDX
                      2 SD

Comment

Yes, I have a Vizio P series that has lots of audio issues when casting from the tablet or from an iOS device so I'm looking for an alternative that might work better. It's great if the new Chromecast Ultra works with Vudu UHD! Will it also support Atmos?
                        In theory, yes, it should be able to bitstream it over HDMI. It's unclear to me how both DV and Atmos could be output and routed to the proper devices, though (note this is beyond any VUDU app features or control). I'd think it would either be:

- plug Chromecast into receiver, receiver decodes ATMOS and passes through video to TV. But I don't know of any DolbyVision-capable receivers.

- plug Chromecast into TV, use TV ARC to get ATMOS to receiver. But if the Vizio is having issues with that already it may have the same problem.

Comment

In theory, yes, it should be able to bitstream it over HDMI. It's unclear to me how both DV and Atmos could be output and routed to the proper devices, though (note this is beyond any VUDU app features or control). I'd think it would either be:

- plug Chromecast into receiver, receiver decodes ATMOS and passes through video to TV. But I don't know of any DolbyVision-capable receivers.

- plug Chromecast into TV, use TV ARC to get ATMOS to receiver. But if the Vizio is having issues with that already it may have the same problem.
                          Does the AVR have to be Dolby Vision capable, wouldn't it just be "pass-through"?

It's never easy, is it?

20 UHD
                          754 HDX
                          2 SD

Comment

Does the AVR have to be Dolby Vision capable, wouldn't it just be "pass-through"?

It's never easy, is it?

19 UHD
                            755 HDX
                            2 SD
                            According to Rob H at AVRant an AVR doesn't need to be Dolby Vision certified as it just passes the video signal along to the display: https://twitter.com/FirstReflect/sta...36862675755009

Comment

According to Rob H at AVRant an AVR doesn't need to be Dolby Vision certified as it just passes the video signal along to the display: https://twitter.com/FirstReflect/sta...36862675755009
                              I'll try to get someone here to test it this week (I really want it to work, of course - looking for a nice 4K receiver myself

I'm not sure it's quite as simple as he thinks, though. Dolby Vision has additional metadata beyond the basic 4K/24Hz/12 bit 4:2:0 video data to do extra things like explicit control LED TV local dimming, etc - ideally a receiver will pass everything through, and I hope it does. If I get any more info I'll pass it on. Honestly the Chromecast Ultra is the first non-TV device to support DV so it's kind of bleeding edge...

Comment

I'll try to get someone here to test it this week (I really want it to work, of course - looking for a nice 4K receiver myself

I'm not sure it's quite as simple as he thinks, though. Dolby Vision has additional metadata beyond the basic 4K/24Hz/12 bit 4:2:0 video data to do extra things like explicit control LED TV local dimming, etc - ideally a receiver will pass everything through, and I hope it does. If I get any more info I'll pass it on. Honestly the Chromecast Ultra is the first non-TV device to support DV so it's kind of bleeding edge...
                                In theory the P-Series SmartCast TVs should work with the Chromecast Ultra by routing Atmos over ARC since the HMDI ARC port is both HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2, and since the TV is DD+. Though I would like to hear about your testing as it would make me much more comfortable about buying this TV if it will passthrough a receiver instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X