Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Vudu UHD - Compatible Devices List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VUDU UHD - Compatible Devices List

Originally posted by thomasfxlt View Post
    Just took delivery of the new Samsung 4k bluray player UBD-K8500. The Vudu app is on the player but the app gives an error when you try to use it.

Is there a way to fix this?
    I'm going to give Vudu a call later on today to see what they can do. I also got the UBD-K8500 yesterday and noticed Vudu isn't working. It's like they haven't turned it on for this player?

20 UHD
    754 HDX
    2 SD

Comment

Thanks for activating the new Samsung 4k Bluray player.... but we need the 4k titles to work.

Comment

Originally posted by thomasfxlt View Post
        Just took delivery of the new Samsung 4k bluray player UBD-K8500. The Vudu app is on the player but the app gives an error when you try to use it.

Is there a way to fix this?
        I had the same issue, reported it to VUDU, now a day later the app works. However, there are no UHD titles showing (movies that show UHD tabs on my PC web browser not showing here). Not sure if the Samsung UBD-K8500 is or will be on their "Compatible Devices List". Too bad, I was looking forward to this. However, Dolby Atmos is streamed correctly when I play the Dolby Atmos Experience bundle. I hope they add it to their list soon.

Also noticed that my new Samsung SUHD-TV also does not show UHD titles in its VUDU app, either.

Comment

I have a Sony XBR 65X850C 4k tv. So far the TV has been great, and vudu App has performed well over all. I haven't had any issues with buffering like I have seen on my LG "smart" tv, which proves that the sony wireless is as good as advertised (going wired soon anyway). Do you have a timeline on when you plan to release uhd to the app on this tv? If it will NEVER be available on the TV that would be great to know as well. Thus far, it seems vizio TVs and the roku4 is all that is supported if I am reading this thread correctly?

Do you plan on giving UHD titles on other smart blu ray players on the market? I was thinking of getting a Sony 6500 Blu-ray Player, and know it is "4k upconvert" and has some good processing power, so one would assume it would be available one day.

Comment

I have a Sony XBR 65 4K tv. I just purchased from VUDU superman UHD but it doesn't let me watch it in UHD only HDX. please help. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Eddieg View Post
              I have a Sony XBR 65 4K tv. I just purchased from VUDU superman UHD but it doesn't let me watch it in UHD only HDX. please help. Thank you
              If you read mt previous posts, you will see I have the same issue. I have a Sony xbr850c, and there is no Vudu 4k or 3d support. Vudu uhd is only on vizio tv's and roku4 right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddieg View Post

Must have a roku 4 as your tvs built in app doesn't support 4k yet.

Comment

I know many UHD movies are not compatible with many devices. I bought Samsung 4k Smart TV and now its purpose is off no use. I am just wondering roughly how long it would take for UHD movies to come out in other supported devices like Samsung 4K Smart TV?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffreyVUDU View Post
                    An on-going list of devices that are certified for VUDU UHD content playback.

Last update: 1/5/16

You may now purchase or rent VUDU UHD titles via a web browser.

4K Ultra HD playback only
                    Roku 4 (paired with a compatible 4K HDTV)
                    VIZIO P-Series 4K HDTVs*
                    VIZIO M-Series 4K HDTVs*
                    Are you sure about the M series? I have an M series set AND NO DICE
                    Did a system check TWICE UHD OK on Netflix. UHD OK on Amazon
                    No dice on VUDU just HDX.

Comment

Another question is whether Vudu's implementation of Dolby Vision is compatible with sets that support HDR 10 (the UHD Blu-Ray HDR standard). Dolby Vision itself is downward compatible, but I have no idea how Vudu implemented it. Given that neither Samsung nor Sony support Dolby Vision, I am hoping Vudu considered this.

I am also wondering when UHD will be enabled in Android TV and other 4k smart TV platforms. It is a little frustrating to have a $6000 flagship UHD set and not be able to get UHD content from Vudu.

Comment

Originally posted by Chitchatjf View Post
                        Are you sure about the M series? I have an M series set AND NO DICE
                        Did a system check TWICE UHD OK on Netflix. UHD OK on Amazon
                        No dice on VUDU just HDX.
                        My Vizio 2015 M55-C2 plays UHD just fine. The Vudu Client is 3.1.0 (rev 136992), don't know if that makes a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by retiredqwest View Post
                          My Vizio 2015 M55-C2 plays UHD just fine. The Vudu Client is 3.1.0 (rev 136992), don't know if that makes a difference.
                          I actually ended up returning my M-series a while back for precisely this reason -- Vizio releases firmware updates for a given model in a VERY staggered way, based on manufacture date, spread out over months sometimes. There is no way to force a firmware update, even Vizio support cannot force it. It may be that those who cannot access VUDU 4K just do not have the necessary firmware yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Curtis View Post
                            Another question is whether Vudu's implementation of Dolby Vision is compatible with sets that support HDR 10 (the UHD Blu-Ray HDR standard). Dolby Vision itself is downward compatible, but I have no idea how Vudu implemented it. Given that neither Samsung nor Sony support Dolby Vision, I am hoping Vudu considered this.

I am also wondering when UHD will be enabled in Android TV and other 4k smart TV platforms. It is a little frustrating to have a $6000 flagship UHD set and not be able to get UHD content from Vudu.
                            I feel you Scott. I have a Sony 65" 850C and my only UHD content is a couple of series on netflix or some rentals from Ultraflix. I don't want to start investing in buying movies on Amazon, since I have been building a small library on Vudu. I want to stick to Vudu, because the service has been so great in the past. However, with my new TV, it has been a let down. I can't watch 3d titles on my sony (but can on my LG from 2012). I can't watch 4k, which is what I bought the 4k tv for. I find it a little odd that it is available on more entry level TVs like the Vizio M series. That tv is $1000 less than mine for the same size. However, I feel it is a push from Vudu to make more money. I think they went off what was selling, and the entry level TVs are selling more, therefore they can get more profits because the majority of 4k owners is buying cheaper now.

I just wish that Vudu had the customer service team to look deeper and tell you when or IF it will be available on my TV. If not, I will be going to a different service.

Comment

Originally posted by pizzadave80 View Post
                              I feel you Scott. I have a Sony 65" 850C and my only UHD content is a couple of series on netflix or some rentals from Ultraflix. I don't want to start investing in buying movies on Amazon, since I have been building a small library on Vudu. I want to stick to Vudu, because the service has been so great in the past. However, with my new TV, it has been a let down. I can't watch 3d titles on my sony (but can on my LG from 2012). I can't watch 4k, which is what I bought the 4k tv for. I find it a little odd that it is available on more entry level TVs like the Vizio M series. That tv is $1000 less than mine for the same size. However, I feel it is a push from Vudu to make more money. I think they went off what was selling, and the entry level TVs are selling more, therefore they can get more profits because the majority of 4k owners is buying cheaper now.

I just wish that Vudu had the customer service team to look deeper and tell you when or IF it will be available on my TV. If not, I will be going to a different service.
                              I just bought an XBR75X940C a bit over a month ago and am absolutely floored by what little UHD HDR content I have seen on it. I cannot figure out what Vudu is doing. Why not release a client to the entire Android TV ecosystem? Why just put it on selected TV models? Why not support UHD across all devices that can handle it? I have well over a thousand UV and DMA titles in my library. I use Vudu, because it supports my entire library and has historically offered the best picture and sound on the most movies. That said, I'm a bit frustrated that I cannot buy an NVidia Shield and access my library, let alone watch UHD titles.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Curtis View Post
                                I just bought an XBR75X940C a bit over a month ago and am absolutely floored by what little UHD HDR content I have seen on it. I cannot figure out what Vudu is doing. Why not release a client to the entire Android TV ecosystem? Why just put it on selected TV models? Why not support UHD across all devices that can handle it? I have well over a thousand UV and DMA titles in my library. I use Vudu, because it supports my entire library and has historically offered the best picture and sound on the most movies. That said, I'm a bit frustrated that I cannot buy an NVidia Shield and access my library, let alone watch UHD titles.
                                From what I understand, the app has to be different for every brand, and Vudu needs the cooperation and participation of the manufacturer to put out a Vudu app for their models. I'm not privy to much, but I know just from trying to get web sites working and looking the way they should across different browsers and devices, it's a frustrating mess, and you can never satisfy everyone. The effort to make the app work on different devices seems somewhat similar in tenor.

And I know that it would really help to know what brands and/or models and/or platforms their working on, but there are also a lot of pitfalls with that, such as whether a certain effort might be abandoned if the manufacturer pulls out, which I'm just making up, but is similar to issues I've had with developing and updating and improving web sites.

Comment

Working...
                                X