Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Vudu UHD - Compatible Devices List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any update on when chromecast ultra will be fixed for dv? It can only play older titles in dv. Dunkirk and newer releases will only play in hdx. Jake at vudu on another thread thought they'd have a fix in a week or so but the thread was deleted. Any update or delay in releasing a fix? Thanks.

Comment

Nvidia Shield gets 4k HDR but Sony 4k TVs with Android don?t even get 4k. Why?

Comment

Although it hasn't been officially announced here, owners of the newly released Sony 4K Blu-ray player (UBP-X700) have reported that the native Vudu App streams 4K but NOT in HDR.
        Last edited by Kotor29; 02-05-2018, 07:22 PM. Reason: edited for grammar

Comment

Originally posted by Kotor29 View Post
          Although it hasn't been official announced here, owners of the newly released Sony 4K Blu-ray player (UBP-X700) have reported that the native Vudu App streams 4K but NOT in HDR.
          This is currently where I am with my KD-70X690E (bought on Black Friday weekend). I have Vudu 4K, but not HDR. Hopefully, this will all pan-out after the Super Bowl television sales.

I specifically purchased Wonder Woman to see if Vudu HDR was "a go" but, sadly, it is not. Considering Netflix and Amazon HDR work perfectly fine on this television, I will dutifully withhold any further Vudu purchases until HDR becomes a reality.

Comment

Originally posted by cusman View Post
            I am waiting for Vudu to start working on either my Sony 65" OLED 4K HDR TV or the PS4 Pro. In meantime, I am sticking to using Google Play (which does support 4K HDR on my Sony TV) and the movies I buy are Movies Anywhere so it doesn't matter where I buy, I play on whatever player has my devices supported.
            Same here. Vudu really needs to step up their game and enable UHD HDR-10 on their Sony 4K TV app. GooglePlay keeps getting better. Vudu does not.

Comment

Originally posted by 4kcinema View Post

Same here. Vudu really needs to step up their game and enable UHD HDR-10 on their Sony 4K TV app. GooglePlay keeps getting better. Vudu does not.
              Oh really? Google Play app works in 4K on Sony TVs? Awesome! I just checked and because of Movies Anywhere, my Google Play library is filled with 90% of my movies (some studios still don't support Movies Anywhere). This is great news. I plan to check this out tonight. I still like Vudu and wish they would support 4K on Sony devices, but with the power of Movies Anywhere if I can watch my 4K content IN 4K on my TV via Google Play, that's what I'll use.

Comment

my Samsung ks tv no longer has UHD as a playback or purchase option on vudu.. why did it disappear? Even titles I own in UHD only show HDX as the highest playback. I tried reinstalling the app, unplugging the TV, deactivating and reactivating the device etc. and no luck. Firmware has not changed.

edit: When playing the title it says its playing in UHD, however there is no UHD banner on the individual movie page. I also had to purchase a title on UHD on another device.

There are also major playback issues with UHD titles for the past week or two. Picture tiles and messes up every few seconds.

Vudu blames samsung, samsung blames vudu and nothing ever gets done.

I had to watch a rental on my 1080 last week because it was tiling so bad and turning green and playing 2 movies simultaneously.

Very upset.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_M View Post

Oh really? Google Play app works in 4K on Sony TVs? Awesome! I just checked and because of Movies Anywhere, my Google Play library is filled with 90% of my movies (some studios still don't support Movies Anywhere). This is great news. I plan to check this out tonight. I still like Vudu and wish they would support 4K on Sony devices, but with the power of Movies Anywhere if I can watch my 4K content IN 4K on my TV via Google Play, that's what I'll use.
                  Is Google Play in 5.1 surround? The last time I checked it was not and that is a deal breaker for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotor29 View Post

Is Google Play in 5.1 surround? The last time I checked it was not and that is a deal breaker for me.
                    I've only played UHD titles from Google Play and they were 5.1 surround.

90 UHD
                    861 HDX
                    3 SD

Comment

I have a Samsung UN65KS8500 UHD tv and until recently I had no problems watching 4K VUDU movies on my tv. Now every time I try to watch a 4K movie the picture quality is horrible, it becomes pixelated almost immediately and the sound is not synced with my sound bar as well. IT was the first movie this happened to me on, now I can?t watch Coco, Wonder Woman, and Guardians of the Galaxy 2. The most frustrating part is that once I switch over to HDX all the problems stop. If I could get a response from VUDU I would greatly appreciate it. Hopefully you can help me resolve this issue cuz sending an email did absolutely nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by RuthlessRob View Post
                        I have a Samsung UN65KS8500 UHD tv and until recently I had no problems watching 4K VUDU movies on my tv. Now every time I try to watch a 4K movie the picture quality is horrible, it becomes pixelated almost immediately and the sound is not synced with my sound bar as well. IT was the first movie this happened to me on, now I can?t watch Coco, Wonder Woman, and Guardians of the Galaxy 2. The most frustrating part is that once I switch over to HDX all the problems stop. If I could get a response from VUDU I would greatly appreciate it. Hopefully you can help me resolve this issue cuz sending an email did absolutely nothing.
                        +1
                        I also am having similar problem with viewing UHD movie. Switching to HDX resolved pixilation. My internet speed is fine. Did speedtest on TV and it was more than adequate for 3 UHD streams at once. Noticed the problem started about a month ago (for me).
                        EDIT: Same Samsung TV model.

Comment

Originally posted by ncain View Post

+1
                          I also am having similar problem with viewing UHD movie. Switching to HDX resolved pixilation. My internet speed is fine. Did speedtest on TV and it was more than adequate for 3 UHD streams at once. Noticed the problem started about a month ago (for me).
                          EDIT: Same Samsung TV model.

I know that a few people on this thread said that they had purchased movies in UHD but it turns out they were actually in HDX. I went back and checked and I made sure I purchased them in UHD and I was right. I don?t have a massive collection of UHD movies but I do have over $100 worth of UHD that I would like to watch. Some response from VUDU would be nice. And maybe some help as to why they won?t play in UHD anymore, I?ve also checked my internet speed and it?s more than adequate.

Comment

Re: newer UHD movies not playing on Chromecast Ultra (December - current)

Any update? Is future CC U UHD support abandoned for good? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by RuthlessRob View Post
                              This has been an issue with the KS8500-9500 recently. I had to purchase a Roku Ultra just to get Vudu to work properly. At least I gained HDR with it

Comment

Looking into getting the Apple TV 4k, and since it has the native Vudu app, does the ATV offer UHD and DV or HDR10 playback?

Comment

Working...
                                X