Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Vudu UHD - Compatible Devices List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VUDU UHD - Compatible Devices List

Originally posted by Blurayfan View Post
    It could be the A/V receiver is not capable of Dolby Atmos but does handle Dolby Digital+. I have an older receiver and it shows Dolby Digital+ too.
    Well, my receiver is RX-A3050 it should support Atmos without any issues.

Anybody knows how to check what type of sound streamed?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Koshelkov View Post
      Well, my receiver is RX-A3050 it should support Atmos without any issues.

Thanks!
      You are correct your receiver specs does show it supports Dolby Atmos
      YAMAHA RX-A3050
      Dolby Atmos and DTS:X support (5.1.4-ch, 7.1.2-ch or 7.1.4-ch with an external 2-ch amplifier)
      What device are you using for playback to the receiver?

Comment

The VUDU app in TiVo Bolt now has UHD support, though you can't see a UHD collection in the app. Titles with UHD versions are marked and can be played in UHD. Of course, finding all 34 of them among the more than 10000 other titles can be challenging; you can use the collection on the website.

EDIT: It's gone now; apparently I should not have mentioned it . It was probably under test and not intentionally exposed to users. Not a big deal for me, as I was not going to rent or purchase any of those titles in 4K.

Comment

When will Samsung 2016 model TV's have Vudu AND 4K streaming? Also, I have the Samsung 4K blu ray player, which has the the Vudu app but I can't find any of the current 4K titles to rent/buy. Why?

Comment

Originally posted by PTVMan View Post
            When will Samsung 2016 model TV's have Vudu AND 4K streaming? Also, I have the Samsung 4K blu ray player, which has the the Vudu app but I can't find any of the current 4K titles to rent/buy. Why?
            Does anyone from Vudu actually pay attention and reply to this forum? The support here is the antithesis of customer service.

Comment

Does anybody know if the Samsung 8500 4K ultra DVD player is compatible with a Vizo 4K tv (m series)? I can't seem to get 4K DVDs to play on my Vizo 4K tv.

Comment

Originally posted by ninjaneer View Post
                Does anybody know if the Samsung 8500 4K ultra DVD player is compatible with a Vizo 4K tv (m series)? I can't seem to get 4K DVDs to play on my Vizo 4K tv.
                First off.....4k BLURAY player...for those that are **** about terminology. Secondly, this is a VUDU forum, go to avsforum.com for help with that sort of thing.

As for the PTVMan ..... they don't really tell you when things will be working. Many have asked the question that you are seeking, but there is a lot of work to be done with the system yet. Vudu is promising that it is coming, but it is just taking a lot longer than expected for most tv owners. From what I can gather, Vizio and Roku were more on the ball with working with Vudu to get everything to work. This is why you are seeing their products have UHD Vudu, and other brands do not. Hopefully it will all be hashed out soon so we can all enjoy it, it just may take more time.

Comment

Originally posted by ninjaneer View Post
                  The older M-Series does have HDMI 2.0a ports which are required for HDR Support. I'm holding off on 4K Digital Copies until I can get a reference series.

Comment

Ok I am getting ready to buy a 4k UHD HDR compatible TV and a Atmos enabled Home Theater Sound system. SO my question is with VUDU how do I get both Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. I figure first priority is the picture. SO out of the list of compatible TVs I am interested in the 2016 Vizio P serris 65" (P65-C1). This TV clearly supports DoblyVision to get the HDR support I want and the TV will soon have HDR 10 support so a lil' future proof. So, since the VUDU app is google cast-ed from the Android Remote/tablet how do I get the Dolby Atmos option. Looking at the P65-C1 Vizio TV I do not see it have Dolby Atmos decode. So if I buy a Onkyo HT-S7800, which is Dolby Atmos Supported, and I use audio out on the TV to the Audio Receiver will it even get the Atmos codding to play? I figure the TV has to support the Codex or it wont pass through correctly? SO How do I get Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos on VUDU stream. Or is the Audio Codex on the Vizio TV for the Sound system that is built into the TV and by patching the audio to the receiver the Dolby Atmos codex will be picked up from the VUDU stream?

Thanks In Advance,

Jer

Comment

Originally posted by cabbit75 View Post
                      It would be nice if VUDU would do a 4k app on android TV since it's coming to the mainstream. I been buying Ultra 4k Movies from Sony's streaming site cause I'm hesitant to dish out $130 for a ROKU when I already own an apple TV and android TV. Not looking to make a collection out of media players.

Or at least put your VUDU app as 4k on Samsung's 4k Ultra HD player would be a good way to spread out into the mass market reaches. 4K Ultra HD movie selection is nice on VUDU and since they are linked to Ultra Violet Digital Downloads you think Android TV would be their next eco system to hit.
                      Agreed. I have the new Sony 75" x940d set with android tv. Really want Vudu 4K content.

Hoping VUDU is working on this

Thanks

Comment

As far as I'm aware of, it's still only Vizio TVs that can utilize Vudu content with Dolby Vision, correct? I hear that the 2016 LG TVs can display Dolby Vision but Vudu still hasn't implemented it on those TVs, correct?

20 UHD
                        754 HDX
                        2 SD

Comment

Originally posted by JeremeyN View Post
                          Ok I am getting ready to buy a 4k UHD HDR compatible TV and a Atmos enabled Home Theater Sound system. SO my question is with VUDU how do I get both Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. I figure first priority is the picture. SO out of the list of compatible TVs I am interested in the 2016 Vizio P serris 65" (P65-C1). This TV clearly supports DoblyVision to get the HDR support I want and the TV will soon have HDR 10 support so a lil' future proof. So, since the VUDU app is google cast-ed from the Android Remote/tablet how do I get the Dolby Atmos option. Looking at the P65-C1 Vizio TV I do not see it have Dolby Atmos decode. So if I buy a Onkyo HT-S7800, which is Dolby Atmos Supported, and I use audio out on the TV to the Audio Receiver will it even get the Atmos codding to play? I figure the TV has to support the Codex or it wont pass through correctly? SO How do I get Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos on VUDU stream. Or is the Audio Codex on the Vizio TV for the Sound system that is built into the TV and by patching the audio to the receiver the Dolby Atmos codex will be picked up from the VUDU stream?

Thanks In Advance,

Jer
                          I have a Vizio P75 and a Marantz SR7010 setup in a 7.2.4 configuration. I have the Vudu app on the tablet remote that came with the P75, on the Samsung UHD 4K blu ray player, the Nvidia Shield Android TV, Roku 4, etc. I usually use the Vudu app on the P75 remote, cast it to my TV, my TV will play the movie in DV, and the Atmos stream will play through my SR7010 via ARC on HDMI1.

Comment

Originally posted by rolldog View Post
                            I have a Vizio P75 and a Marantz SR7010 setup in a 7.2.4 configuration. I have the Vudu app on the tablet remote that came with the P75, on the Samsung UHD 4K blu ray player, the Nvidia Shield Android TV, Roku 4, etc. I usually use the Vudu app on the P75 remote, cast it to my TV, my TV will play the movie in DV, and the Atmos stream will play through my SR7010 via ARC on HDMI1.
                            I'm waiting for my P75 to arrive but I hope I also get the Vudu Atmos audio through ARC on my Denon X6200W?

20 UHD
                            754 HDX
                            2 SD

Comment

Originally posted by lujan View Post
                              I'm waiting for my P75 to arrive but I hope I also get the Vudu Atmos audio through ARC on my Denon X6200W?

2 UHD
                              727 HDX
                              2 SD
                              I thought I heard that you can't get ATMOS over ARC? Unless things have changed, I thought it came down to bandwidth. I am almost certain this has been brought up, and the only way to get Atmos is by dedicated optical cabling , or if you use the UHD player wired to the receiver.

Here is something I found that may help you!

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/112-su...-over-arc.html

Comment

Originally posted by pizzadave80 View Post
                                I thought I heard that you can't get ATMOS over ARC? Unless things have changed, I thought it came down to bandwidth. I am almost certain this has been brought up, and the only way to get Atmos is by dedicated optical cabling , or if you use the UHD player wired to the receiver.

Here is something I found that may help you!

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/112-su...-over-arc.html
                                That very forum in the Vizio "P" series thread are stating that users are getting Atmos from ARC on Vudu. See the first post here:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...lk-please.html

20 UHD
                                754 HDX
                                2 SD

Comment

Working...
                                X