Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Vudu UHD - Compatible Devices List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VUDU UHD - Compatible Devices List

Just purchased lg g6 OLED which is Dolby vision compatible. When will vudu offer HDR support for the 2016 lg series?

Comment

Originally posted by huskerbear View Post
      Found this thread in a google search trying to figure out why UHD wasn't an option on my JS8500 Vudu app

Hope I have better luck with the 3D? this is why I bought this set....Roku doesn't support 3D.
      I am very frustrated with Vudu right now as well. Vudu 3d isn't supported on my xbox, or my Sony 850c TV either. I can use it on my 4 year old LG 3d TV, but not my new one. I am not pulling the trigger on a Roku 4 because I hope my TV will just work with the app one day. I am losing all sorts of faith in Vudu, and thinking of getting away from them all together.

Comment

Originally posted by pizzadave80 View Post
        I am very frustrated with Vudu right now as well. Vudu 3d isn't supported on my xbox, or my Sony 850c TV either. I can use it on my 4 year old LG 3d TV, but not my new one. I am not pulling the trigger on a Roku 4 because I hope my TV will just work with the app one day. I am losing all sorts of faith in Vudu, and thinking of getting away from them all together.
        Agreed - the execution of this (both 3D and 4K) has been a huge mistake on VUDU's part. There's nothing wrong with a 2 or 3 month exclusivity period, but even if it does have to do with "making sure devices are compatible with security requirements", by now they should have taken the initiative to do that themselves at least on the latest Samsung, Sony, and LG high-end sets.

At this point, the ill will they are creating with "we have 4K! Just not for you..." is greater than the benefit they get from having 4K at all, and if it was going to take this long to do a wide rollout (and by "wide," I mean anything more than 5% of the 4K market), they should have delayed releasing it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by kildon View Post
          Agreed - the execution of this (both 3D and 4K) has been a huge mistake on VUDU's part. There's nothing wrong with a 2 or 3 month exclusivity period, but even if it does have to do with "making sure devices are compatible with security requirements", by now they should have taken the initiative to do that themselves at least on the latest Samsung, Sony, and LG high-end sets.

At this point, the ill will they are creating with "we have 4K! Just not for you..." is greater than the benefit they get from having 4K at all, and if it was going to take this long to do a wide rollout (and by "wide," I mean anything more than 5% of the 4K market), they should have delayed releasing it at all.
          Keep in mind this isn't always down to Vudu. It's been discussed many times in the past. When it comes to the hardware just because the TV or Blu-Ray player can handle 3D doesn't mean that the app's are capable of supporting 3D, that the manufacturer has allowed 3D, or that even if it does support 3D in some apps doesn't mean that it meets the specs Vudu needs to code for it.

Yes, sometimes it's Vudu not coding for it. But there are plenty of other cases were Vudu would like to offer it and simply can't due to one of the reasons above, or otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremymc7 View Post
            Keep in mind this isn't always down to Vudu. It's been discussed many times in the past. When it comes to the hardware just because the TV or Blu-Ray player can handle 3D doesn't mean that the app's are capable of supporting 3D, that the manufacturer has allowed 3D, or that even if it does support 3D in some apps doesn't mean that it meets the specs Vudu needs to code for it.

Yes, sometimes it's Vudu not coding for it. But there are plenty of other cases were Vudu would like to offer it and simply can't due to one of the reasons above, or otherwise.

Seems to be a ton of hurdles for VUDU UHD at the moment. Time for everyone to go out and buy a Roku 4!

Comment

Originally posted by smeyers1801 View Post
              Seems to be a ton of hurdles for VUDU UHD at the moment. Time for everyone to go out and buy a Roku 4!
              It's too bad Roku 4 doesn't support Vudu 3D though. Still have to have more then one box for everything.

Comment

Can anyone confirm that the Vizio M60-C3 with firmware 1.2.23-UHD will display Vudu UHD titles properly? I purchased Mad Max in UHD, but the option to playback at that resolution is not there. Vizio support claims it should work and had me reset the TV, but that did not fix it. I've already opened a support ticket with Vudu, but haven't heard back yet.

Comment

Originally posted by shupp872 View Post
                  Has there been any discussion or decision to support the TiVo Bolt with UHD?
                  Would also love to know if TiVo bolt support is coming

Comment

It would be nice if VUDU would do a 4k app on android TV since it's coming to the mainstream. I been buying Ultra 4k Movies from Sony's streaming site cause I'm hesitant to dish out $130 for a ROKU when I already own an apple TV and android TV. Not looking to make a collection out of media players.

Or at least put your VUDU app as 4k on Samsung's 4k Ultra HD player would be a good way to spread out into the mass market reaches. 4K Ultra HD movie selection is nice on VUDU and since they are linked to Ultra Violet Digital Downloads you think Android TV would be their next eco system to hit.

Originally posted by JeffreyVUDU View Post
                    An on-going list of devices that are certified for VUDU UHD content playback.

Last update: 3/11/16

You may now purchase or rent VUDU UHD titles via a web browser.

4K Ultra HD playback only
                    Roku 4 (paired with a compatible 4K HDTV)
                    Roku 4K TVs
                    VIZIO P-Series 4K HDTVs*
                    VIZIO M-Series 4K HDTVs*

4K Ultra HD + Dolby Vision HDR playback
                    VIZIO Reference Series HDTVs

More information at: www.vudu.com/UHD
                    *You must have the latest VIZIO TV firmware. Due to variances in TV manufacturing not all devices within models may not compatible.

Comment

Would love UHD playback on my samsung TV without the need of a Roku 4. I just got the Roku 4 but not liking it very much especially when the only app I have it for is VUDU for UHD playback. All the other apps on the roku are on my samsung TV and play 4k just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by phunk311 View Post
                        Can anyone confirm that the Vizio M60-C3 with firmware 1.2.23-UHD will display Vudu UHD titles properly? I purchased Mad Max in UHD, but the option to playback at that resolution is not there. Vizio support claims it should work and had me reset the TV, but that did not fix it. I've already opened a support ticket with Vudu, but haven't heard back yet.
                        I have the exact same set. I am currently 1.3.15-uhd so I can't check. However, the day that our tvs were uhd vudu certified, I bought several titles...man of steel, Jupiter ascending, pacific rim, live die repeat and most recently heart of the sea. I am sure I had an older version sometime and have had no trouble viewing uhd. Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by beamer View Post
                          I have the exact same set. I am currently 1.3.15-uhd so I can't check. However, the day that our tvs were uhd vudu certified, I bought several titles...man of steel, Jupiter ascending, pacific rim, live die repeat and most recently heart of the sea. I am sure I had an older version sometime and have had no trouble viewing uhd. Hope this helps
                          1.3.15-UHD is the latest for 2015 Vizio TVs with VUDU UHD support.

Comment

Originally posted by cabbit75 View Post
                            It would be nice if VUDU would do a 4k app on android TV since it's coming to the mainstream. I been buying Ultra 4k Movies from Sony's streaming site cause I'm hesitant to dish out $130 for a ROKU when I already own an apple TV and android TV. Not looking to make a collection out of media players.

Or at least put your VUDU app as 4k on Samsung's 4k Ultra HD player would be a good way to spread out into the mass market reaches. 4K Ultra HD movie selection is nice on VUDU and since they are linked to Ultra Violet Digital Downloads you think Android TV would be their next eco system to hit.
                            +1

Via my Android TV (Sony 43" XBR-830C) I can watch 4k movies on
                            • Amazon Prime
                            • Netflix
                            • Sony "Ultra"
                            • UltraFlix
                            • Probably another one or two that I'm missing

Vudu is the only one in my ecosystem of media that is missing for me.

Comment

Hello everyone,

Everytime I play movie UHD with Dolby Atmos, VUDU only streams Dolby Digital +. Am I missing something, settings or anything? I tried Pacific Rim and Mad Max so far, both Dolby Digital + Only

Comment

Originally posted by Koshelkov View Post
                                Hello everyone,

Everytime I play movie UHD with Dolby Atmos, VUDU only streams Dolby Digital +. Am I missing something, settings or anything? I tried Pacific Rim and Mad Max so far, both Dolby Digital + Only
                                It could be the A/V receiver is not capable of Dolby Atmos but does handle Dolby Digital+. I have an older receiver and it shows Dolby Digital+ too.

Comment

Working...
                                X