Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Vudu UHD - Compatible Devices List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VUDU UHD - Compatible Devices List

It seems like Vudu is only concentrating on the Dolby Vision capable devices? They support Vizio which is DV, LG 2016 models which are DV. The only non-HDR device I can think of that works with Vudu 4k is the Roku 4 and it seems to be buggy with that device.

20 UHD
    754 HDX
    2 SD

Comment

So I got the 3.2 update on my Nvidia Shield Set Top box. I now have the Vudu app on the Shield, but it is not letting me play any of my UHD purchases in 4K. It will show that I own the UHD, but HDX is the highest resolution that it will let me play the movie. And before anyone asks, yes I am using it on a 4K tv.

Comment

Originally posted by gwstmar View Post
        So I got the 3.2 update on my Nvidia Shield Set Top box. I now have the Vudu app on the Shield, but it is not letting me play any of my UHD purchases in 4K. It will show that I own the UHD, but HDX is the highest resolution that it will let me play the movie. And before anyone asks, yes I am using it on a 4K tv.
        Hello,

Please answer a few questions for me so that I can help you debug.

- Can you tell me the make and model of your TV?

- When you start your UHD content which plays in HDX can you quality switch up to UHD?

- Can you go to Settings --> Playback Quality and tell me what is the highest quality listed in this menu

- Do you see yellow UHD Banners above posters of movies that are available in UHD (Batman V Superman for example)?

Thanks
        Tam

Comment

Originally posted by TamM View Post
          Hello,

- When you start your UHD content which plays in HDX can you quality switch up to UHD?

- Can you go to Settings --> Playback Quality and tell me what is the highest quality listed in this menu

- Do you see yellow UHD Banners above posters of movies that are available in UHD (Batman V Superman for example)?

Thanks
          Tam
          Also, if you PM Tam or me the "device Id" of your Shield (in VUDU app settings) we can look at logs, which may help figure it out quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by TamM View Post
            Hello,

Thanks
            Tam
            Thanks Tam. I have the Vizio D65U-D2 which is a 4K TV. Playback quality in the Vudu app settings on the Shield TV only shows HDX 1080p as the highest available. When playing the movie that I purchased in UHD it does not give me an option to switch quantity to UHD. It does tell me that I own UHD, but it doesn't let me play it in that format.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffreyVUDU View Post
              An on-going list of devices that are certified for VUDU UHD content playback.

Last update: 7/4/16

You may now purchase or rent VUDU UHD titles via a web browser.

4K Ultra HD playback only
              Roku 4 (paired with a compatible 4K HDTV)
              Roku 4K TVs
              VIZIO P-Series 4K HDTVs
              VIZIO M-Series 4K HDTVs
              Nvidia Shield TV*

4K Ultra HD + Dolby Vision HDR playback
              VIZIO Reference Series HDTVs
              VIZIO 2016 Smartcast P-Series 4K TVs
              VIZIO 2016 Smartcast M-Series 4K TVs
              LG 2016 OLED 4K TVs - G6, E6, C6 & B6 Models*
              LG 2016 Super UHD 4K TVs*

More information at: www.vudu.com/UHD
              *Available with latest firmware update. Due to variances in TV manufacturing not all devices within models may not compatible.
              Do u know when it's going to be available for Sony 4K tvs and if u own a 4K blue is the digital 4K or just HDX

Comment

Originally posted by gwstmar View Post
                Thanks Tam. I have the Vizio D65U-D2 which is a 4K TV. Playback quality in the Vudu app settings on the Shield TV only shows HDX 1080p as the highest available. When playing the movie that I purchased in UHD it does not give me an option to switch quantity to UHD. It does tell me that I own UHD, but it doesn't let me play it in that format.
                Hello Gwstmar,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. From the info you provided it seems the VUDU App is not properly detecting that the TV is UHD capable.

Can you try switching HDMI ports to see if there is one that will display UHD as an option in the Playback Quality menu.

Please also PM me your device ID and I can pull the logs from your Shield to see what UHD detection is failing.

Thanks,
                Tam

Comment

Originally posted by Kn7cks View Post
                  Do u know when it's going to be available for Sony 4K tvs and if u own a 4K blue is the digital 4K or just HDX
                  Considering that Sony only uses HDR10 and Vudu only uses Dolby Vision. I would say it won't happen. At least not until Sony comes out with UHD TVs with Dolby Vision or Vudu decides to use HDR10. Which the vast majority of HDR capable sets use. It's like Vudu doesn't want to take peoples money by using a format which only a minority of TVs use.

Comment

Originally posted by lujan View Post
                    No, you should be able to get Atmos if you have an Atmos capable setup. I'm getting Atmos on my Denon receiver but I have a Vizio TV.

3 UHD
                    745 HDX
                    2 SD
                    I have a question. I also have a Vizio P Series and Denon 1300 receiver. I tried the Atmos demos on Vudu using ARC. While it sounded pretty good, my receiver did not show that it was getting an Atmos signal. It just said Dolby Digital. I tried the adjustments in the setup for the audio using: auto, Dolby, and bitstream.

I'm just wondering does your receiver state that your getting an Atmos signal?

I did put my hands on the Atmos speakers and they were being used. Because the picture was originating from the TV I couldn't hit the "info" button on the receiver to find out what speakers were being used.

Comment

Originally posted by AndreO View Post
                      I have a question. I also have a Vizio P Series and Denon 1300 receiver. I tried the Atmos demos on Vudu using ARC. While it sounded pretty good, my receiver did not show that it was getting an Atmos signal. It just said Dolby Digital. I tried the adjustments in the setup for the audio using: auto, Dolby, and bitstream.

I'm just wondering does your receiver state that your getting an Atmos signal?

I did put my hands on the Atmos speakers and they were being used. Because the picture was originating from the TV I couldn't hit the "info" button on the receiver to find out what speakers were being used.
                      Yes, I've tried it by using the Vizio tablet and casting the demos and also by streaming them using a Roku 4. The "Atmos" signal takes a few seconds on the Denon but it does appear after the short delay.

20 UHD
                      754 HDX
                      2 SD

Comment

Xbox One S 4K support is very much needed. It's going to be the first 4K non-samsung device coming out August 2nd and Vudu needs some sort of presence...

Comment

I just purchased a 50" Sharp 4K Smart TV. I was wondering when this TV will become compatible. For reference the Serial Number is: 50G160988H02173

If you require the software version please let me know and I can provide that for you.

Thank you
                          Keith Casey
                          American Image Press

Comment

Originally posted by jaytalent View Post
                            Xbox One S 4K support is very much needed. It's going to be the first 4K non-samsung device coming out August 2nd and Vudu needs some sort of presence...
                            I hope I am wrong but I believe the One S, like the current XB1, is going to have limited audio options (no bitstream, Atmos....etc.)

For most home theater types, that is probably going to be a deal breaker for using the XB One S as their primary 4K player.

Comment

Jake,

I just purchased a OLED55C6P. When playing UHD titles through the Vudu app that comes with the TV, the colors and the detail look washed out. Blacks look grey. My TV notifies me Dolby Vision is coming on. I tried playing this on 4 different movies Batman V Superman, Watchmen, Mad Max: Fury Road, & the Lego Movie. When I change any of those movies to HDX, they look much better. Rich colors and detail display. Is there something that needs to be updated for the Vudu app on the OLED55C6P? I've tried different picture modes and all experience the same issue.

Please let me know if you need any other info. I have a 90 mb Internet connection.

Comment

Originally posted by dunnvudu View Post
                                Jake,

I just purchased a OLED55C6P. When playing UHD titles through the Vudu app that comes with the TV, the colors and the detail look washed out. Blacks look grey. My TV notifies me Dolby Vision is coming on. I tried playing this on 4 different movies Batman V Superman, Watchmen, Mad Max: Fury Road, & the Lego Movie. When I change any of those movies to HDX, they look much better. Rich colors and detail display. Is there something that needs to be updated for the Vudu app on the OLED55C6P? I've tried different picture modes and all experience the same issue.

Please let me know if you need any other info. I have a 90 mb Internet connection.
                                Warner Bros, Dolby, and VUDU have reviewed and approved all of those titles; we do not see this issue, so it's not the content or the app (which doesn't control these settings, that's up to the TV firmware/hardware). One thing to check is are you adjusting the settings while the DV movie is playing? It seems that TV may store settings separately for various inputs and modes.

Comment

Working...
                                X