Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Vudu UHD - Compatible Devices List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VUDU UHD - Compatible Devices List

Originally posted by ncain View Post
    Again, just updated my 2016 4k Samsung TV with firmware to 1160 and no Vudu UHD. It's coming up on a month since UHD on Vudu was suppose to be "soon" on Samsung TVs. The app on TV is still the same and there are no app updates on the Samsung servers. I haven't bought any videos on Vudu because waiting for 4k streaming. Are we getting near?
    We need far more content as well. More Studios please!

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
      There are still blocker firmware issues that Samsung needs to fix; the VUDU app is ready to go and of course we want to release it ASAP. Sorry, I can't estimate any specific date at this point since it's out of our control...
      Thank you Jake for the update. Much appreciated.

Comment

Will UHD work on a Samsung TV if I'm using an Xbox One S with the new VUDU app? I wasn't sure if the compatible TVs list only applied to the TV apps.

Comment

Originally posted by hokie5007 View Post
          Will UHD work on a Samsung TV if I'm using an Xbox One S with the new VUDU app? I wasn't sure if the compatible TVs list only applied to the TV apps.
          Yes. At the end of the day, your TV is just a monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by hokie5007 View Post
            If you have a 4K-capable Samsung TV and set the output on the Xbox One S to 2160p you should be able to play UHD.

To get 10-bit color with UHD you may need to enable it on your TV's HDMI ports individually. Many UHD TVs have this disabled because of occasional compatibility issues:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00049150/#5

Once you do this, you should check to see what the XB1S can detect from your TV's HDMI via "Xbox Settings > All settings > Display & sound, then choose Advanced video settings > 4K TV details". Microsoft also has a detailed guide to troubleshooting 4K issues here:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-o...-on-xbox-one-s

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
              If you have a 4K-capable Samsung TV and set the output on the Xbox One S to 2160p you should be able to play UHD.

To get 10-bit color with UHD you may need to enable it on your TV's HDMI ports individually. Many UHD TVs have this disabled because of occasional compatibility issues:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00049150/#5

Once you do this, you should check to see what the XB1S can detect from your TV's HDMI via "Xbox Settings > All settings > Display & sound, then choose Advanced video settings > 4K TV details". Microsoft also has a detailed guide to troubleshooting 4K issues here:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-o...-on-xbox-one-s
              I thought 10 bit color is HDR? Is the Xbox One s Dolby vision compatible, or is VUDU now HDR 10 compatible?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffreyVUDU View Post
                An on-going list of devices that are certified for VUDU UHD content playback.

Last update: 12/16/16

You may now purchase or rent VUDU UHD titles via a web browser.

4K Ultra HD playback only
                Roku 4, Premiere, Premiere+, Ultra (paired with a compatible 4K HDTV)
                Roku 4K TVs
                VIZIO P-Series 4K HDTVs
                VIZIO M-Series 4K HDTVs
                Nvidia Shield TV*
                Google Chromecast Ultra (Dolby Vision will be available pending an firmware update from Google)
                Xbox One S*

4K Ultra HD + Dolby Vision HDR playback
                VIZIO Reference Series HDTVs
                VIZIO 2016 Smartcast P-Series 4K TVs
                VIZIO 2016 Smartcast M-Series 4K TVs
                LG 2016 OLED 4K TVs - G6, E6, C6 & B6 Models*
                LG 2016 Super UHD 4K TVs*

More information at: www.vudu.com/UHD
                *Available with latest firmware update. Due to variances in TV manufacturing not all devices within models may not compatible.
                I just got a Vizio E-Series with Chromcast. I know those aren't supported and that doesn't have HDR, but I can still stream UHD movies if I get Roku Ultra? Because i have the Vudu app on the Chromecast I have now, but will they play in 4K? Or do i need to buy the ultra one to view them?

Comment

Originally posted by Robin View Post
                  Is anyone else having connection issues on their LG WebOS 3 Vudu app or specifically using it with the LG OLED65E6P? I get a "Restoring Secure Network Connection" message every few minutes even when just browsing my library, and usually I have to restart the app to get back in. It isn't usable for viewing content. None of the other apps on the TV have any issue with steaming or connections, and the Vudu app on my Xbox works fine. No 4K or Dolby Vision though, which was the whole point of the TV =/
                  Did you ever get this resolved? i'm having the same issue with my oled55b6p. everything else works perfectly, but vudu, which sucks it has all my movies.

Comment

Why is TiVo Bolt not on this list?

Comment

In the updated Xbox One S app, movies don't carry the uhd badge like in other vudu apps. It does say thigh in the text if you own the uhd level or not.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackZ View Post
                        In the updated Xbox One S app, movies don't carry the uhd badge like in other vudu apps. It does say thigh in the text if you own the uhd level or not.
                        Hello TrackZ,

Are you referring the Yellow UHD tag that appears on top of the movie poster to indicate that a content is offered in UHD quality? If so this Yellow tag only appears on titles you dont own. If you own the title the Tag will no longer display.

Thanks
                        Tam

Comment

Originally posted by TamM View Post
                          Hello TrackZ,

Are you referring the Yellow UHD tag that appears on top of the movie poster to indicate that a content is offered in UHD quality? If so this Yellow tag only appears on titles you dont own. If you own the title the Tag will no longer display.

Thanks
                          Tam
                          Is this true only on the XBox? I'm asking because it continues to appear on titles that I do own on the browser, Roku 4, etc.

36 UHD
                          770 HDX
                          2 SD

Comment

Originally posted by TamM View Post
                            Hello TrackZ,

Thanks
                            Tam
                            While I had the UHD tag when I first installed the new app on the Xbox One S it has since disappeared. In settings for Playback it now only lists HDX and SD. UHD has completely disappeared from my One S app. Any ideas why this happened?

Comment

Re: VUDU UHD - Compatible Devices List Purchase UHD Movie then instantly view?

I have a LG OLED tv which as the Vudu app on it.

I get the rental, then viewing, however my question is this:
                              If I purchase a 4k UHD maybe even Dolby Atmos Movie. . .
                              1. Am I able to instantly view the movie on my tv? if so how?
                              2. Since I do not have and do not intend to purchase a "box like Roku" what good is a dvd?
                              3. Must I purchase a Roku device because I will only be able to view the movie after I have the DVD in my hands, and can only view the movie with the Roku box?

Simply stated, if I buy an UHD movie that shows the title as being able to be rented, can I view it instantly on my TV?

Thank Your for Your kind and capable assistance.

Ron

Comment

I have a 2016 75" Sony 4k tv with HDR, why is it not supported on this list?
                                Sony XBR-X850D Series 75"-Class HDR 4K Smart LED TV

Comment

Working...
                                X