Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Vudu UHD - Compatible Devices List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VUDU UHD - Compatible Devices List

Originally posted by Jake View Post
    We are still waiting on Samsung for these updates...

As far as Chromecast Ultra, I believe Google made the necessary firmware change (outputting 24fps) to support DolbyVision (or SDR to non-DoVi TVs).
    I talked to Samsung chat support and it wasn't too helpful there. Here's the transcript (condensed):
    "Me: Hi, I was just wondering if Samsung is planning on updating the vudu app to be able to stream UHD video?
    Customer Support: Hello, I'll assist you with the required information on the updates on VUDU app. Unfortunately, this information will only be available with the VUDU app developers as they are the only ones who have the rights on making changes to the apps. The app developers holds the rights to provide changes with the content and the streaming from the app. So the VUDU app developers would be having the information on the next updates with the app."

Is there anything we can do to apply some pressure to Samsung to up their priority for supporting 4k with vudu (and eventually HDR once vudu supports HDR10)? I'm sure if they keep getting emails in customer service about the issue it will eventually escalate. I'd just like to know the most effective thing to include in the email since at the moment they deflect the question back to you guys. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Xeones25 View Post
      Is there anything we can do to apply some pressure to Samsung to up their priority for supporting 4k with vudu (and eventually HDR once vudu supports HDR10)? I'm sure if they keep getting emails in customer service about the issue it will eventually escalate. I'd just like to know the most effective thing to include in the email since at the moment they deflect the question back to you guys. Thanks
      No, there is no need to call VUDU or Samsung customer support for this - they won't know any details nor will be able to speed anything up. VUDU and Samsung want it released as much as customers do - but we also want to make it as free of bugs as possible

Comment

jake,

Any answer from Google or LG??

Comment

Originally posted by SinGA View Post
          jake,

Any answer from Google or LG??
          It worked when tested in our office. Can you make sure your LG TV has "Ultra Deep Color" enabled on HDMI1?

http://www.lg.com/uk/support/product...8590776-others

Also - it may require having the Chromecast plugged into HDMI1 (or at least, in our tests it worked on HDMI1 but not HDMI2...)

Comment

It worked when tested in our office. Can you make sure your LG TV has "Ultra Deep Color" enabled on HDMI1?

Also - it may require having the Chromecast plugged into HDMI1 (or at least, in our tests it worked on HDMI1 but not HDMI2...)
            Yes, Ultra Deep Color is on for port HDMI1. That's why HDR works for other devices, such as my 4k UHD bluray player.

So you are saying that Dolby Vision should now work, with the Chromecast Ultra and the LG OLED tv's???

There has not been a firmware update on the Chromecast Ultra in many weeks, nor has Google updated their support site.

I run my CCU thru my AVR, and I've gotten tired of switching it to my TV to test for Google only to find out " yeah it still doesnt work".

If you tell me that YES, VUDU should now work with Dolby Vision via the Chromecast Ultra on LG OLED, I'll be willing to test it again.

Comment

And , if it has been fixed, why havent y'all updated the supported device list???

"Google Chromecast Ultra (Dolby Vision will be available pending an firmware update from Google)"

Comment

Yes, Ultra Deep Color is on for port HDMI1. That's why HDR works for other devices, such as my 4k UHD bluray player.

So you are saying that Dolby Vision should now work, with the Chromecast Ultra and the LG OLED tv's???

There has not been a firmware update on the Chromecast Ultra in many weeks, nor has Google updated their support site.

I run my CCU thru my AVR, and I've gotten tired of switching it to my TV to test for Google only to find out " yeah it still doesnt work".

If you tell me that YES, VUDU should now work with Dolby Vision via the Chromecast Ultra on LG OLED, I'll be willing to test it again.

Hello there,
                Just out of curiosity,,,,,
                Why are you using CCU on LG OLED TV to watch DolbyVision UHD?? when you can just launching it from LG TV for full Dolby Vision support.
                Is there any particular reason??

Comment

Originally posted by satish77 View Post
                  Hello there,
                  Just out of curiosity,,,,,
                  Why are you using CCU on LG OLED TV to watch DolbyVision UHD?? when you can just launching it from LG TV for full Dolby Vision support.
                  Is there any particular reason??
                  Because I want to. That should be reason enough, eh??

But seriously, because I want the AVR to handle audio signal. ( Dolby Atmos coming soon ). And please dont mention ARC, what a f'n mess that is. ( and extra cables )

Because I want the AVR to be the switch for everything, which an AVR is intended to do!

Comment

Chromecast Ultra VUDU DoVi is working with my LG B6 direct-to-TV inputs 1 and 3. AVR pass-through of DoVi is not (as expected).

There appears to be some kind of sync error (sometimes) when leaving DoVi mode. Screen turns purple until another program or app is cast.

ARC output is 2.0.

Netflix is still sending HDR-10.

Comment

Originally posted by home_theatre_man View Post
                      Chromecast Ultra VUDU DoVi is working with my LG B6 direct-to-TV inputs 1 and 3. AVR pass-through of DoVi is not (as expected).

There appears to be some kind of sync error (sometimes) when leaving DoVi mode. Screen turns purple until another program or app is cast.

ARC output is 2.0.

Netflix is still sending HDR-10.
                      ARC output 2.0??? How lame is that??

So, you either get Dolby Vision with 2.0 ( CCU directly into TV or built in TV app ) OR you get no HDR with full surround sound ( CCU into AVR ). And people wonder why folks still buy physical media!!

Comment

So, you either get Dolby Vision with 2.0 ( CCU directly into TV or built in TV app ) OR you get no HDR with full surround sound ( CCU into AVR ).
                        Yes, except that LG's app will output Dolby Digital 5.1 or 5.1 EX (for select titles) through ARC (not Plus, 7.1 or Atmos).

Comment

Originally posted by home_theatre_man View Post
                          Yes, except that LG's app will output Dolby Digital 5.1 or 5.1 EX (for select titles) through ARC (not Plus, 7.1 or Atmos).
                          I can't get my 2017 LG OLED B7 to run the VUDU app w/ out constantly "reestablishing a secure connection" so honestly never checked the audio, curious if that's the same on my end. I've still not gotten a response from VUDU support or NVIDIA concerning the fact that the Shield app doesn't seem to support 4K HDR on the new Shield Pro. Honestly the sole reason I got it was to do 4K HDR, so bit peeved it's not working. Also regularly can't even watch in 4K on the Shield app...

Comment

So still no update on when Vudu will introduce HDR10? My streaming collection of UHD titles is over twenty now. And it would be nice to be able to view the content in HDR.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronwt View Post
                              So still no update on when Vudu will introduce HDR10? My streaming collection of UHD titles is over twenty now. And it would be nice to be able to view the content in HDR.
                              I'm not sure if they are anymore. Perhaps they're just going to stick with Dolby Vision with it becoming more widely accepted.

Comment

[QUOTE=JeffreyVUDU;1283970]An on-going list of devices that are certified for VUDU UHD content playback.

Last update: 3/20/17

You may now purchase or rent VUDU UHD titles via a web browser.

4K Ultra HD playback only
                                LG 2016 & 2017 UHD 4K TVs
                                Roku 4, Premiere, Premiere+, Ultra (paired with a compatible 4K HDTV)
                                Roku 4K TVs
                                VIZIO P-Series 4K HDTVs
                                VIZIO M-Series 4K HDTVs
                                Nvidia Shield TV
                                Google Chromecast Ultra (Dolby Vision will be available pending an firmware update from Google)
                                Xbox One S

4K Ultra HD + Dolby Vision HDR playback
                                VIZIO Reference Series HDTVs
                                VIZIO 2016 Smartcast P-Series 4K TVs
                                VIZIO 2016 Smartcast M-Series 4K TVs
                                LG 2016 & 2017 Super UHD 4K TVs
                                LG 2016 OLED 4K TVs - G6, E6, C6 & B6 Models
                                LG 2017 OLED 4K TVs ? W7, G7, E7 C7 and B7 Models

***Why isn't all 4k devices available to stream? When will all devices or atlas all TVs be available for 4k streaming?

Comment

Working...
                                X