Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Vudu UHD - Compatible Devices List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MLM22 View Post

Jake, can you say if Vudu will update the chromecast ultra to dolby vision profile 5? Vudu doesn't work on Chromecast Ultra on sony 2017 tvs. It gives me a purple hue without HDR. No dolby vision. Thanks.
    Unfortunately that is a Chromecast Ultra firmware bug - Chromecast does not seem to output HDR/DV correctly to some TVs (for example, we have seen issues on LG or Samsung where Roku or Vizio worked...) We have reported it to Google several times, but I'll check to see if there is any progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post

Unfortunately that is a Chromecast Ultra firmware bug - Chromecast does not seem to output HDR/DV correctly to some TVs (for example, we have seen issues on LG or Samsung where Roku or Vizio worked...) We have reported it to Google several times, but I'll check to see if there is any progress.
      Thank you for the info. Very much appreciated. That would be great if you could check on the status of the chromecast firmware problem. Is it likely that the Chromecast Ultra will never properly output HDR/DV for sony tvs?

Comment

I have been monitoring my issues on the sony a1, stuttering and pausing of playback which is non recoverable; and have noticed that generally the stuttering sorts itself out and the video keeps playing. When the movies title screen is displayed however, with the wudu spinner underneath, the appliction appears to stop trying to stream content and my edgerouter shows the bits received drops to mere kbps and never continues streaming the film.

I can then stop press back and then watch uhd in the vudu app once more and the movie starts playing again showing full strength in the signal meter. It is as if something stops the films from streaming and then it never automatically restarted streaming until I do it manually.

I have optimised my lan as much as possible, and my broadband is running at 220mbps down and 12bmbps up. I have tried this using the 100meg ethernet port and also the wifi in the sony tv connecting to a ubiquit ac pro AP. Turning on SmartQoS seems to iron out the stuttering but does nothing for the dropped streaming.

From what I can see something it causing the vudu app to stop streaming the film and not restart the stream, which results in the movie cover being shown and the vudu spinner spinning until it leaves nasty rentention marks on the screen.

Stopping the film and restarting fixes this but I need the app to do this and to not drop the stream in the first place :-)

I know it is a beta on the sony for uhd and Dolby Digital, which is why I am listing my findings which are hopefully helpful to the dev's.

Cheers,

John.

Comment

any chance for HDR support for the Hisense 50h6d?

Comment

Just everyone is aware. On Sony Tv, search google play for Vudu, the newest version was just released and it has the option to buy and watch in UHD. What I noticed is that the native Vudu app does not update, instead this installs a second Vudu version 4.1xx instead of the 3.1.1 which we?ve all been complaining about. Hopefully this helps. I still don?t know how to delete the old version of Vudu but that?s the least of my worries now.

Comment

Also wanted to note that my tv stutters during playback when I adjust the volume up or down. This is a tv problem and happens in other video apps as wel not just Vudu.

Comment

Originally posted by soaptrail View Post

Thank you. Don't forget to add the UBP-X700 Sony UHD player to the 4K only list on the first post.
                Jake don't forget to add the UBP-X700 Sony UHD player to the 4K only list on the first post.

Comment

Originally posted by Sobehall View Post
                  Just everyone is aware. On Sony Tv, search google play for Vudu, the newest version was just released and it has the option to buy and watch in UHD. What I noticed is that the native Vudu app does not update, instead this installs a second Vudu version 4.1xx instead of the 3.1.1 which we?ve all been complaining about. Hopefully this helps. I still don?t know how to delete the old version of Vudu but that?s the least of my worries now.
                  THis will update the beta on our Sony TV's? Does the buffer issue disappear?

Comment

The beta app on the Sony 940E (2017 model) is still buffering. Any idea on when this will get fixed?

Comment

Originally posted by Gillietalls View Post
                      The beta app on the Sony 940E (2017 model) is still buffering. Any idea on when this will get fixed?
                      see this post: https://forum.vudu.com/forum/technic...610#post460610

Comment

Tivo Bolt!!!

Thanks Jeffrey! Made my day!

Comment

Originally posted by JakeS550 View Post
                          The update .0082 for 2017 Sony?s TVs actually helps the performance of the new prime video app. But definitely not Vudu. It?s on Sony?s website. Amazon is on the ball.
                          Is 4k UHD Dolby Vision being supported yet for the sony 930e?

Comment

Is 4k Dolby Vision working on a Sony 65x930e in the VUDU app? My TV has the lastest updates from Sony supporting DV.
                            I am interested in the Batman Trilogy but only want to own it in the best picture currently available.
                            ​​​​​

Comment

Is there a way to get vudu uhd with Atmos support on a Sony x800 player? Only option I have that support Atmos until ATV allows

Comment

Originally posted by Mclong View Post
                                Is 4k Dolby Vision working on a Sony 65x930e in the VUDU app? My TV has the lastest updates from Sony supporting DV.
                                I am interested in the Batman Trilogy but only want to own it in the best picture currently available.
                                ​​​​​
                                Yes it works as long as you get the beta VUDU app on the first page and the movie supports DV profile 5. If the movie does not support profile 5 you have to watch until it is re encoded which is happening to the UHD catalog.

Comment

Working...
                                X