Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Vudu UHD - Compatible Devices List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Note 9 is it compatible

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post

It sounds like it's related to the TV - Roku Ultra definitely supports UHD, and I assume your Atmos receiver does? If the Roku is not showing UHD is supported in the Vudu app, it means that the HDMI is either reporting 4K resolution is not supported or HDCP 2.2 is not supported.

Some early 4K TVs (2014-2015) only had certain HDMI inputs capable of HDCP 2.2 - you may want to check the input you are using on the TV. To make it even more confusing, sometimes only certain inputs were capable of 4K. So you might have to play around with that.
      Ok, so after double checking my owners manual for the TV I found out that all HDMI ports are HDCP 2.2 capable so I decided to swap out the HDMI cable going from the receiver to the HDMI ARC and sure enough that was the problem. It was an older cable that wasn't high speed and was only outputting a 1080p signal. Swapped in a new cable and the HDR and ATMOS logos on the VUDU menu for all my UHD copies went from being grayed out to the rainbow'y color that I'm used to seeing on the other TV I have. I still wish there was a way to update the VUDU app on the 2015 TV or even on my Sony UBP-X800 player I have hooked up to it. I guess if I want to stream 4K content on VUDU to this TV I'll have to get another Roku device or 4K Apple TV or Chromecast Ultra.
      Thanks for the input.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyts View Post
        Re: VUDU UHD - Compatible Devices List

The VUDU app in TiVo Bolt now has UHD support, though you can't see a UHD collection in the app. Titles with UHD versions are marked and can be played in UHD. Of course, finding all 34 of them among the more than 10000 other titles can be challenging; you can use the collection on the website.

EDIT: It's gone now; apparently I should not have mentioned it . It was probably under test and not intentionally exposed to users. Not a big deal for me, as I was not going to rent or purchase any of those titles in 4K.
        I have a Sony XBR 65X850C 4k tv. So far the TV has been great, and vudu App has performed well over all. I haven't had any issues with buffering like I have seen on my LG "smart" tv, which proves that the sony wireless is as good as advertised (going wired soon anyway). Do you have a timeline on when you plan to release uhd to the app on this tv? If it will NEVER be available on the TV that would be great to know as well. Thus far, it seems vizio TVs and the roku4 is all that is supported if I am reading this thread correctly? Do you plan on giving UHD titles on other smart blu ray players on the market? I was thinking of getting a Sony 6500 Blu-ray Player, and know it is "4k upconvert" and has some good processing power, so one would assume it would be available one day.

Comment

My Vizio V505-G9 has VUDU 4K w/HDR out of the box. I have watched it contently for over a month now. I come home today & suddenly, the VUDU 4K is GONE. What?s going on? I call Vizio, they don?t know what?s wrong, so they suggest I call VUDU. VUDU tells me the TV isn?t compatible with VUDU 4K. But how?! I was just watching VUDU 4K from the native tv app & from my phone via SmartCast. Now neither will work. Not the native VUDU tv app nor the SmartCast from my phone. What the hell happened to VUDU 4K on Vizio V-Series 2019 SmartCast 4K UHD televisions?!

Comment

Originally posted by YepDatzHim View Post
            My Vizio V505-G9 has VUDU 4K w/HDR out of the box. I have watched it contently for over a month now. I come home today & suddenly, the VUDU 4K is GONE. What?s going on? I call Vizio, they don?t know what?s wrong, so they suggest I call VUDU. VUDU tells me the TV isn?t compatible with VUDU 4K. But how?! I was just watching VUDU 4K from the native tv app & from my phone via SmartCast. Now neither will work. Not the native VUDU tv app nor the SmartCast from my phone. What the hell happened to VUDU 4K on Vizio V-Series 2019 SmartCast 4K UHD televisions?!
            Same with the D-Series. I've only been using the app for a week and now there's no UHD support. I contacted Vudu customer support about the issue and they sent me here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmac101 View Post

Same with the D-Series. I've only been using the app for a week and now there's no UHD support. I contacted Vudu customer support about the issue and they sent me here.
              I have the Vizio D65x-G4 and a Sony UBP-UX80 and I have been using Vudu on both since Christmas and have just started the same problem in the last week. It has to be something in the application code itself

Comment

Can the new 2019 Sony UBP-X800MA please get the same vudu 4K app that's in the 2018 Sony -X700 ..

Comment

Will the PS4 Pro ever get an update 4K UHD?

Comment

Originally posted by radamo View Post
                    I would love to see an update for the PS4 Pro as well....

Comment

Originally posted by radamo View Post
                      The PS4 at least supports 3D

Comment

I request the Vudu app to support the Sharp (Roku) TV model LC-43LBU591U for 4K and HDR playback.

Comment

Seriously. Please get 4K HDR & Dolby Atmos support for Sony PS4 Pro and UBPX800 UDH Blu-ray Player. Otherwise, I'm going to switch to another streaming service that better supports current formats. This is getting to be ridiculous.

Comment

So i assume vudu will not work in sweden? this is far from a vudu-only problem, im just so fed up with this US or nothing crap

Comment

I have everything on your list of requirements except the Geoforce GTX 10. Mine is a Geoforce MX150. Is that what's preventing me from streaming UHD ??

Comment

Originally posted by kingofgrills View Post
                                Seriously. Please get 4K HDR & Dolby Atmos support for Sony PS4 Pro and UBPX800 UDH Blu-ray Player. Otherwise, I'm going to switch to another streaming service that better supports current formats. This is getting to be ridiculous.
                                I am sure they can add to Sony PS4 but the X800 would require a firmware update (I believe) so i would not hold you breath for that one.

Comment

Working...
                                X