Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Ability to Organize Collection and in Organize Alphabetizing Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ability to Organize Collection and in Organize Alphabetizing Order

Dear VUDU,

Well, I was kinda sick of VUDU did mess up these movies in wrong alphabetizing order. So I hope that ya'll will give us ability to sorting names of movies in alphabetizing order. I'm pretty everyone all one of us want that. Many of us keep asking you many times for this request. It would be great for us to have that ability if you let this feature for us to manage these movies in alphabetizing order.

Even folder or bundle folder for us to put these movies in alphabetizing order that we brought from you.

So please. We all people was waiting and hope for this great feature from you. We have faith in you. So please improve this great feature for us.

I'm tired of see these movies in mess up cuz of wrong alphabetizing order from ya'll.

Re: Ability to Organize Collection and in Organize Alphabetizing Order

What device are you using for Vudu? Because I'm not aware of any Vudu interface that doesn't allow for A-Z listing of your movies.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxH View Post
      What device are you using for Vudu? Because I'm not aware of any Vudu interface that doesn't allow for A-Z listing of your movies.
      I think what ShadowDrago2583 is asking for, and what many of us have been asking for for years, is that we want to arrange our collection however we want. Alphabetical order doesn't always arrange the movies in chronological order.

Here is what I have suggested for the past 3 years or so: allow us to create our own custom bundles under a new table/view called something like 'My*Collections'. This would basically be a way to create our own bundles, or collections, and added functionality that would allow us to group movies together however we want. For example, we want to create a "James Bond" bundle/collection and place all bond movies in that bundle and sequence them in any order within that bundle. If you want to create a bundle called "Clint Eastwood", "Star Trek", "Disney" or whatever you want, then you should be able to do that.*

We would like to see a new tab added to "My*Vudu" for "My*Collections".

_My Movies_________My TV_________My Collections_________My Wishlist_

Under this "My*Collections" tab we should be able to see all the bundles we've created and we should be able to create new bundles or remove them. We should also be able to sort the bundles under the 'My*Collections' tab. These bundles could contain movies or television shows, and not necessarily titles that we own. Oh, and allow us to select only the movie and not any of the featurettes if we don't want those to show in our*collection. Then when we are looking for a movie we could go to the new 'My*Collections' tab, find the bundle we're looking for and click on it, then find the movie within the bundle and click on it to play (or to buy/rent if we don't own it and have included it in our bundle).*

I am not apposed to having these bundles managed from the website only as long as the*My*Collections tab is available and usable on all*my*devices. It would even be great to allow us to set parental controls on these collections/bundles so I can create a*collection*for*my*kids and specify no PIN is required to watch any movie in that bundle. I hate having to enter*my*PIN because some of their movies are not rated!

Comment

I've been proposing user-created folders for many years, too, but I didn't see that in ShadowDrago2583's post. They referred to "alphabetizing order" over and over, so I assumed that they simply wanted to "[sort] movies in alphabetizing order" or "manage...movies in alphabetizing order". Although to be honest I am a little lost trying to pin down what exactly they want, maybe you're right. If we could clarify that, it would help determine if they just haven't figured out the interface, or if they want to join us in asking for user-configured folders, or if they are having a technical issue that we could help them to fix.

Comment

Hey MaxH,

That's me, ShadowDrago2583. You get it right. That's what I mean. "(Sort) movies in Alphabetizing order" or "(manage) movies in Alphabetizing order."

Well I will say both. That's what I'm trying to say. Also manage to put movies in bundle in Alphabetizing order too. To be honest with you, yes they do have it in Alphabetizing order. But still, I notice that these some movies "still" not in right alphabetizing order. That's why we request it to have VUDU to give us ability to "sort" and "manage" them in right Alphabetizing order and also have ability to put them in bundle folder too.

Comment

Hey LuzRinggold,

It's great idea. All of that. But I was kinda hoping for them to give us ability to manage or sort movies in Alphabetizing order and also to have ability to put them in bundle folder in Alphabetizing order. That's what I'm talking abt. We want that ability. Because they say they have "movies" in Alphabetizing order, yes. But "still" I notice most of some movie is not in right Alphabetizing order. So I have to request it to have them to give us to have ability to manage to sort them in right Alphabetizing order and to have ability to put them in bundle folder in Alphabetizing order too.

Also, I read on bottom of your replay. I'm supporting that idea to do with rating.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDrago2583 View Post
              Hey LuzRinggold,

It's great idea. All of that. But I was kinda hoping for them to give us ability to manage or sort movies in Alphabetizing order and also to have ability to put them in bundle folder in Alphabetizing order. That's what I'm talking abt. We want that ability. Because they say they have "movies" in Alphabetizing order, yes. But "still" I notice most of some movie is not in right Alphabetizing order. So I have to request it to have them to give us to have ability to manage to sort them in right Alphabetizing order and to have ability to put them in bundle folder in Alphabetizing order too.

Also, I read on bottom of your replay. I'm supporting that idea to do with rating.
              We can already sort our movies in alphabetized order, so I am not sure what you are proposing they add to the current level of functionality. I would like to see the addition of a way to skip through the sorted list...jump from one letter to another without having to scroll through all the movies.

Comment

No. Some of them movies is not in right order! For example, when you already brought a movie and went in your 'My Movie' collection then I set filter to sort them in A through Z. Sadly, I started to notice that there are few movie that VUDU didn't put these movie in right order. Let's say Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Does it go in right order?

I notice they put it in wrong way:

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (2007)
                Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006)
                Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011)
                Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)

Same way as The Twilight Saga. They are not in proper order.

So I'm asking for this request to give us ability to manage or to sort these movies in right way in Alphabetizing order.

Let me put it in right order.

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)
                Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006)
                Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (2007)
                Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011)

Understand it clear? That's why I'm sick of VUDU mess it up and I'd hate to see my movies in my collection mess up in wrong order. We all here asking VUDU for this request to give us to have ability manage or sort movies in right way and in Alphabetizing order in our 'My Movies' collection. Also we would like to have ability to put these our movies into bundle folder in our 'My Movies' collection. That's way it is what we'd love to see.

Comment

Those ARE in alphabetical order. What you want is for them to be in CHRONOLOGICAL order...

Comment

Yes. If it is not in proper order and it confused my friends or family which part do these movies go first. I'd like to have VUDU to gives us ability to manage or sort them in right order in our 'My Movies' collection to make us easier to find. And in bundle too.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDrago2583 View Post
                      Yes. If it is not in proper order and it confused my friends or family which part do these movies go first. I'd like to have VUDU to gives us ability to manage or sort them in right order in our 'My Movies' collection to make us easier to find. And in bundle too.
                      Another example would be The Lost World: Jurassic Park. It's always put under "L" instead of "J". If we could manage the order, we could put it with the rest of the Jurassic Park movies.

690 HDX
                      2 HD
                      2 SD

Comment

Vudu already has the ability to sort in alphabetical order and it does work correctly. Vudu doesn't allow movies to be sorted in chronological order and doesn't allow us to arrange movies in "collections". This is a feature that we desperately need and would set Vudu apart from all the rest.

Comment

Well, you can also sort by release date or date purchased, and I find the latter very handy when I want to skip the movies I bought years ago and have watched many times, and/or want my recent purchases at the top of my list. But no, you can't sort part of a list alphabetically and then one part chronologically. That wouldn't work, which is why we need user-defined, user-sorted folders.

Comment

I would be happy if we could undo bundles and display everything as individual titles. The ability to create series bundles independent of how the movies are purchased would also be great. One of my gripes with Vudu is the lack of library management features, which only gets worse as the library gets bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Curtis View Post
                              I would be happy if we could undo bundles and display everything as individual titles. The ability to create series bundles independent of how the movies are purchased would also be great. One of my gripes with Vudu is the lack of library management features, which only gets worse as the library gets bigger.
                              a workaround for the bundled movies is to purchase or redeem the bundled movies using a sub account if the buindle is UV then they will populate into your primary accound as individual movies

Comment

Working...
                              X