atasehir escort pendik escort ankara escort

Announcement

Collapse

Vudu Forum Guidelines

Vudu Forum Guidelines

The Vudu Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Vudu experience. Here, Vudu customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Vudu and Vudu -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Vudu customers with questions and/or problems with their Vudu service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Vudu Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Vudu Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Vudu reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Vudu products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Vudu retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Vudu Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Vudu products and services should be directed to Vudu customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Vudu, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Vudu a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Vudu desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Vudu will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Vudu is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Vudu the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Vudu for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Vudu takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Users you have added to Share My Movies are PERMANENT - They cannot be removed

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Users you have added to Share My Movies are PERMANENT - They cannot be removed

    I initially posted this in the Help forum, but to make it more visible so that folks are aware of it, I decided to start a new thread here:

    I just experienced this broken feature for the first time. I removed a user on my UV account with the expectation that this would also remove the user from my Vudu account. Duh, right?! To my surprise, this did not happen and now Vudu support tells me that the user cannot be removed. What?! That makes no sense. Since there is no way to add a user on the UV site anymore, we have to do it on Vudu. Then if you add a user and you later want to remove that user, you can't. The share is PERMANENTLY on your account and takes up one of your available shares! Why would we be able to remove the user from our UV account but NOT our Vudu account? This is really stupid and I'm very surprised this issue hasn't been resolved for over a year. I will have to research the UV specs, but I'm quite certain that Vudu is violating the intent of the UV sharing features. I have to assume Vudu is doing this on purpose to keep people from constantly changing it and sharing for short periods of time, like for just one movie. But why not implement a required minimum amount of sharing time, such as 6 months or one year? This would limit the abuse of the feature while still allowing users to share movies as intended.

    I would really appreciate it if a Vudu forum moderator would chime in on this issue and explain why Vudu is not changing this or if Vudu has plans to make changes to it in the future. Support only told me that "there is no way for us to remove it" but did not explain why (incident 151025-001069).

    #2
    Re: Users you have added to Share My Movies are PERMANENT - They cannot be removed

    Originally posted by quackman View Post
    I initially posted this in the Help forum, but to make it more visible so that folks are aware of it, I decided to start a new thread here:

    I just experienced this broken feature for the first time. I removed a user on my UV account with the expectation that this would also remove the user from my Vudu account. Duh, right?! To my surprise, this did not happen and now Vudu support tells me that the user cannot be removed. What?! That makes no sense. Since there is no way to add a user on the UV site anymore, we have to do it on Vudu. Then if you add a user and you later want to remove that user, you can't. The share is PERMANENTLY on your account and takes up one of your available shares! Why would we be able to remove the user from our UV account but NOT our Vudu account? This is really stupid and I'm very surprised this issue hasn't been resolved for over a year. I will have to research the UV specs, but I'm quite certain that Vudu is violating the intent of the UV sharing features. I have to assume Vudu is doing this on purpose to keep people from constantly changing it and sharing for short periods of time, like for just one movie. But why not implement a required minimum amount of sharing time, such as 6 months or one year? This would limit the abuse of the feature while still allowing users to share movies as intended.

    I would really appreciate it if a Vudu forum moderator would chime in on this issue and explain why Vudu is not changing this or if Vudu has plans to make changes to it in the future. Support only told me that "there is no way for us to remove it" but did not explain why (incident 151025-001069).
    I just removed a user who was invited through VUDU and like you stated the user invitation is still listed. However this does not seem to impact how many users I can share with. When I removed the user the amount of available slots increased by one.

    Vudu shows I can send four invitations (Previously showed three) with my two existing UV members that adds to six members which is the max limit of UV.

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Users you have added to Share My Movies are PERMANENT - They cannot be removed

      Interesting......this did not happen on my account. I will share this information to my support case. Thanks for letting me know. You would think that if this is what Vudu always does (add another slot), they would have shared this information with me in my support case!

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Users you have added to Share My Movies are PERMANENT - They cannot be removed

        Originally posted by quackman View Post
        Interesting......this did not happen on my account. I will share this information to my support case. Thanks for letting me know. You would think that if this is what Vudu always does (add another slot), they would have shared this information with me in my support case!
        You could try unlinking your UV account and relink and see if the extra slot is added.

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Users you have added to Share My Movies are PERMANENT - They cannot be removed

          I'll see what's going on with UV...

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Users you have added to Share My Movies are PERMANENT - They cannot be removed

            Originally posted by FelipeF View Post
            I'll see what's going on with UV...
            Is there a way we can share our account with more than 5 people?

            Thanks!

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Users you have added to Share My Movies are PERMANENT - They cannot be removed

              No, UV account can only be shared with five users.

              And you cannot invite more than five users on Vudu, but you can switch out the information on UV (don't remove the account), if you are the account owner and are a Full user, then just change the log in information (email and password) and give that UV account to whomever you want. And make sure if it's your UV account that you are the only Full user and that those sharing your account are Standard users.

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Users you have added to Share My Movies are PERMANENT - They cannot be removed

                Ok folks, so here's how to add/remove users from your UV account.


                If you don't see any free slots at the "Share My Movies" page on Vudu then that means you have the max amount of 5 users on UV. You will need to login to that UV account and REMOVE a user to then free up a slot on the "Share My Movies" page. If you free up 2 users from UV, then 2 slots should then populate on Vudu's side. I just had a co-worker show me this so I can verify that this indeed works.
                Last edited by FelipeF; 10-29-2015, 01:54 PM.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Users you have added to Share My Movies are PERMANENT - They cannot be removed

                  Filipe, to be clear, after removing a user from the UV account a new slot opens up on Vudu's share page, but the user you've removed from UV still shows up on the Vudu "Invitations Status & History" as "Accepted", correct?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Users you have added to Share My Movies are PERMANENT - They cannot be removed

                    Originally posted by mjmbond View Post
                    Filipe, to be clear, after removing a user from the UV account a new slot opens up on Vudu's share page, but the user you've removed from UV still shows up on the Vudu "Invitations Status & History" as "Accepted", correct?
                    That is correct, your prior invites will still be shown on that page. They cannot be deleted. It's merely a data place holder.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: Users you have added to Share My Movies are PERMANENT - They cannot be removed

                      FelipeF, how do we add back a user with the same email that was used before? In other words, if we remove a user, but later want to add back that same user, how is this done? Is this possible when it is the same email/account that still sits there using up one of the slots?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: Users you have added to Share My Movies are PERMANENT - They cannot be removed

                        Currently, it's not possible to add a user that was previously invited from "Share My Movies". Apparently this is by design but I'll look into it.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: Users you have added to Share My Movies are PERMANENT - They cannot be removed

                          Originally posted by FelipeF View Post
                          Currently, it's not possible to add a user that was previously invited from "Share My Movies". Apparently this is by design but I'll look into it.
                          Can you invite a person that was previously "invited" but for some reason their status was never updated to whatever the status is after "invited"? We spent nearly four hours last night trying to link UV accounts and finally gave up. This system is a total mess! Every time the email is received and we click on the accept invitation it forces us to unlink the UltraViolet account from Vudu and it never seems to link the invited account to mine.

                          I assume that when this process fails you can cancel an invitation and start over again since there isn't a way to resend an invitation. Does anyone know what the trick is these days to link an UltraViolet library to another account?

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: Users you have added to Share My Movies are PERMANENT - They cannot be removed

                            Originally posted by FelipeF View Post
                            Currently, it's not possible to add a user that was previously invited from "Share My Movies". Apparently this is by design but I'll look into it.
                            My buddy accidentally unlinked from my shared movies and wants back, now he can't cause I deleted him in UV thinking I could resend an email invite again.

                            This is bad design and wondering if Vudu has looked into this as stated above and come up with an answer. I thought you could link unlink and relink twice a year with someone ?

                            Accidents happen and cause we did not know what we were doing made a mistake. Wouldn't it be easier to enable an option to re invite someone than have them create a new account ? Seems kind of dumb to me.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: Users you have added to Share My Movies are PERMANENT - They cannot be removed

                              If your UV account has less than about 3,000 titles then it should be easy to merge UV accounts. Have him create a UV account, then give you the log in info to his UV account, then sign into your UV account at myuv.com and go to library settings. From there click on merge libraries, sign into his account and merge the two libraries keeping him as a user. If your Library is bigger than that, it may still work, but it times out a lot.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X