Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

UV titles disappearing and re-appearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UV titles disappearing and re-appearing

Not sure what's going on but UV titles keep disappearing and then re-appearing a while later. So far no title have failed to re-appear but my count did drop.

When the count dropped I thought I had lost a couple of titles but it turns out they just didn't get re-populated on my movie list because I had subsequently re-purchased them as part of a bundle.

For example, I had originally purchased Crank on it's own at a different retailer so it had imported into my movie list via UV. Then at some later date I purchased the Jason Statham Bundle at Vudu which also included Crank. Since I had originally purchased Crank on its own prior to purchasing bundle, it had always appeared on my movie list separately. However, after it was removed today, it did not get re-populated when titles got re-inserted because it was already in my collection as part of bundle.

Another example is Open Water. I had originally purchased the first film on its own also at a different retailer and like the previous example, it had also imported into movie list via UV. Again, at a later date I purchased the Open Water Trilogy Bundle at Vudu, so when the Open Water title was removed earlier today from my movie list it was not subsequently re-inserted because that title was also already in my collection.

Does anyone know what's going on? And how long this will keep happening? It's been going on since yesterday and is still happening.

Don't think anybody really knows what's going on. Seems like MyUV is doing some clean-up and getting rid of duplicate transactions for movies on your account, which is why "duplicate" purchases of a movie from a different retailer are basically being overwritten by your Vudu purchase, same thing happened with me and Scream. But otherwise, I guess our best course is to wait it out and hope for the best!

Maybe JimTheFrog can provide more insight on UV's end.

Comment

Ah! So that's it. You're right.

At first I didn't notice any changes over at myuv.com but once I manually refreshed the count I did see that many duplicate purchases have been removed

Comment

That also makes sense here, as in the last day, Movies Anywhere is showing new transactions from VUDU for me of some of the films I redeemed at SonyPicturesStore.com and Flixster years ago.

I guess I can expect more of that soon.

Comment

The problem is that the folks over at myuv.com are deleting the original purchases and keeping the newer, more recent purchases instead.

Because the titles had imported into Vudu way back when the original purchase was made, the copy in Vudu is tied to that original purchase, so deleting the original purchase from UltraViolet causes it to be removed from Vudu. Eventually it will then re-import back into Vudu, but it is now to moved to the top as if it were a newly acquired title.

This issue would not occur if they kept the original purchase instead of the most recent.

Comment

Originally posted by sankoni View Post
            The problem is that the folks over at myuv.com are deleting the original purchases and keeping the newer, more recent purchases instead.

Because the titles had imported into Vudu way back when the original purchase was made, the copy in Vudu is tied to that original purchase, so deleting the original purchase from UltraViolet causes it to be removed from Vudu. Eventually it will then re-import back into Vudu, but it is now to moved to the top as if it were a newly acquired title.

This issue would not occur if they kept the original purchase instead of the most recent.

This may be happening more often with UV going down and cleaning house but these titles getting cleaned and moved to the top of purchases has been going on for a long time, well before UV stated it was going up. Just seeing it much more now.

Comment

My situation with this is even worse. On April 5 I had a large number of titles be removed from MA per refund requests from VUDU. This eventually like stated here corrected itself including the transactions disappeared from MA.

BUT on April 12 it happened again. This time causing 33 movies to disappear from MA. Been trying to get it fixed ever since.

Too many calls and or emails to VUDU, MA, UV, WB, Universal, Sony.

​​​​​​Still missing as of now. I've had tickets closed by UV without response. I've had VUDU state it is not their issue and then next time tell me they are working on the issue and then tell me again it is not their responsibility as the licenses originated outside VUDU and then state their highest level of support is working on it.

MA states they can only respond to the refund requests from VUDU as to them VUDU shows I no longer own the movies. I've sent screenshots showing I own the titles in UV and VUDU yet not MA. Not enough proof.

WB and Universal were kind enough to give replacement codes for a total of 3. Sony potentially offered replacement codes for their 30 titles but request completely removing the titles from UV (scary to me).

After 6 weeks of this issue I am beyond frustrated as you can imagine.

Comment

Lost my first 3 movies in Movies Anywhere yesterday and was already feeling frustrated and had feeling that everyone would be pointing the finger of blame at somebody else. I really hope Vudu will help make this right as it seems, at least according to Movies Anywhere, that they're the only ones that can.

Comment

I am missing a lot of movies on MA (and porting to other retailers) from UV deleting the duplicates and 4K titles downgraded to stand def. MA support said they're aware of the issue on Vudu's side but has no ETA as they're waiting on Vudu to correct the issue. It shows I owned 1 title on MA's side (2 UV license), then they deleted the duplicate, now appearing to them that I no longer own it, even though the title is still in my UV locker and on Vudu. It sounds like Vudu just needs to push everyones rights once myUV employees are done getting rid of the dupes.

Comment

There doesn't seem to be a logical reason to even delete duplicate licenses at myuv.

Comment

MISSING TITLES theory - may be accurate

When our UV movies first ported through Vudu into MA, they just ported only once regardless of how many licenses we had.

Now that MyUV are deleting "extra" licenses, it?s creating new refunds for those titles, and still porting the newest dated license into MA (which MA already had from the first port, so they don?t see it as a new transaction).

So we have all these refunds with older dates coming into MA from Vudu and its canceling out the one entry MA saw from Vudu in the beginning.

Comment

This explains the issue my collection encountered. It doesn't explain why UV continually closes my help tickets without action or comment. It does explain why MA says it is VUDUs responsibility. It does explain why VUDU says it is a UV issue. It doesn't however explain why it cannot be fixed by anyone. We as customers did nothing wrong but are still victims of the glitch. I can only hope the tech personnel can work together to correct the situation as well to inform the support teams so we can at least be informed. I am however after 6+ weeks of the issue losing that hope.

Comment

Originally posted by B2Net View Post
                          This explains the issue my collection encountered. It doesn't explain why UV continually closes my help tickets without action or comment. It does explain why MA says it is VUDUs responsibility. It does explain why VUDU says it is a UV issue. It doesn't however explain why it cannot be fixed by anyone. We as customers did nothing wrong but are still victims of the glitch. I can only hope the tech personnel can work together to correct the situation as well to inform the support teams so we can at least be informed. I am however after 6+ weeks of the issue losing that hope.
                          File a complaint, although they can't drop below the "F" rating they already have earned.
                          https://www.bbb.org

Comment

Originally posted by Rex Strother View Post
                            MISSING TITLES theory - may be accurate

When our UV movies first ported through Vudu into MA, they just ported only once regardless of how many licenses we had.

Now that MyUV are deleting "extra" licenses, it?s creating new refunds for those titles, and still porting the newest dated license into MA (which MA already had from the first port, so they don?t see it as a new transaction).

So we have all these refunds with older dates coming into MA from Vudu and its canceling out the one entry MA saw from Vudu in the beginning.
                            Brilliant theory and fits with my library issues. Even if UV restores the duplicates, Vudu won't send new transactions to MA. What a mess. A friend merged their UV account with mine years ago and there were many harmless duplicates. Now those movies are being removed from our respective MA accounts even though they remain in our Vudu and UV libraries. This needs fixing.

Comment

I am having the same issue with The Death of Superman, which ported in on May 13th in UHD, was refunded in MA as an HD title. Now MA shows that I don't own it, but I have the UHD copy here and in UV. MA told me that VUDU is working on the problem.....

Comment

Working...
                              X