Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

UV-VUDU-MA - DELETIONS OF DUPLICATE UV LICENSES CAUSES MISSING TITLES AT MA

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lou_493@yahoo.com View Post

+1

I just tracked back approximately 350 movies that were all removed OR downgraded for whatever reason on 4/6/19 at Movies Anywhere. The vast majority completely lost their MA rights. This includes fairly new movies such as Baby Driver 4K and Spiderman: Homecoming 4K which are now completely gone from my MA library. My A Few Good Men 4K UV rights are now HD-only at MA as well.

It should be noted that a great many (I believe the majority) of these films only had one set of rights in my UV library, so UV wouldn't have had any duplicate rights to "clean up" / delete in most instances (Baby Driver 4K and SM: H 4K are two such examples). I'm not sure what would explain their removal at MA then, which is the scariest thing about it. It seems rather random, although I will say the deletions seem to be made up of a large number of Sony titles.

All ~350 films still show up as owned in the correct quality at VUDU. They are all tagged as Movies Anywhere AND Ultraviolet at VUDU as well, despite most no longer showing ownership at MA. It is a scary feeling knowing that retailers like VUDU and Ultraviolet are treating our libraries so carelessly that MA rights are being deleted by them so easily - whether it was intended or not.

I'm calling MA about this situation tomorrow. I am fairly certain VUDU is to blame in some way. Lord knows their constant / continued silence regarding this problem each and every time it is brought up on this forum says a lot. I think they know they have some degree of culpability in the situation.

If things don't end up being fixed I'm done purchasing from VUDU as well, and that will be at the very least. They rarely give satisfactory / quick customer service anymore. Their response to this issue has just been more of the same - abject silence with regard to a problem that seems to be affecting a great many (all?) of their customers.

By the way, in case anyone was wondering, I did not unlink my UV library from VUDU at any point since early March when VUDU began telling everyone not to do so moving forward. The blame here rests squarely upon VUDU, UV, and / or MA. All three of them need to suck up their pride, own this thing, and work together to get everyone's MA rights corrected before the time comes when it is too late to do so.
    MA is already aware of the issue and is waiting on VUDU to fix the issue as there's nothing MA can do on there end as they cannot read UV rights.

Comment

Originally posted by lujan View Post
      I don't believe it was ever allowed to redeem movie codes directly on Ultraviolet. Instead, UV would redirect you to one of the UV retailers.

277 UHD
      808 HDX
      3 SD
      When you redeemed through Sony or Flixster, those titles are put into your UV library, so technically you're right.

Comment

I have many duplicate UV licenses since I've been upgrading many of my HD movies to 4K. This problem needs to be fixed soon.

Comment

Same issues here. I never disconnected my UV account or MA at all and I'm missing movies that were supposed to port through MA

Comment

I've also been missing movies from my ma account. It's getting a little tiring not getting a straight answer from VUDU or ma. Was told by both customer support teams that they are waiting on the other to fix the problem. VUDU your pushing this platform onto your customers can someone please respond on the status of this issue with UV service shutting down soon there will be no one to be held accountable and us as customers will be out a significant investment. VUDU PLEASE REPLY

Comment

I'm missing nearly 400 movies myself outside of Vudu.

As others have stated I've got many movies with duplicate licenses.

In many cases this is from getting a movie in SD, then HD, then UHD as they all end up in the same time. More common.

In other cases I have duplicate licenses of the same resolution which likely happened when merging accounts that have the same (free) movies on them. Less common.

Comment

MA has passively suggested that VUDU is dragging their feet with regard to this issue. A supervisor at MA told me on the phone yesterday that they are having weekly meetings on their end to work towards a solution, but then started chuckling when I asked how hard VUDU is working with them to resolve the problem. I personally have experienced their unwillingness to communicate effectively with Ultraviolet when I had a D2D UV rights issue 2 years ago. The problem never got resolved.

I submitted a support case with VUDU concerning this issue yesterday and was asked by them to contact MA after VUDU did little more than refresh the link between my VUDU and MA accounts with no results. After responding to VUDU later on, they asked me to provide their support team with a list of ALL titles that either had experienced MA rights deletions or downgrades. I ended up providing them with a list of 224 deleted MA rights and 3 downgraded MA rights. Compiling that list took me hours to accomplish, but I am skeptical that VUDU will make use of ANY of that information in an attempt to resolve the problem.

Comment

Well - it's been another week - so it's worth mentioning this is still an issue for hundreds of members, and thousands of movies which got downgraded or deleted due to this issue re: how VUDU passes through UV license deletions (by MYUV)

Comment

I'm hoping UV stays up a bit longer before the shutdown, but I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremymc7 View Post
                      I'm hoping UV stays up a bit longer before the shutdown, but I doubt it.
                      Huh? What does this mean?

Comment

Working...
                      X