Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Vudu UHD vs HDX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vudu UHD vs HDX

Originally posted by Capt-Cupcake View Post
    Actually it IS a joke. A lawsuit over a deleted post? What lawyer would even take that case?
    Maybe his daddy is an attorney?

Comment

Originally posted by lowenbotten View Post
      Now I'll admit I've been critical of Vudu, but this made me laugh.
      Perhaps that line should be the signature under every new post? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by dfox10 View Post
        This forum is supposed to be part of Vudu and for support of the product... it is not for internet trolls that do nothing but browse online sites so they can be sociable.

A lot of money is involved in this and people are paying it but if that money is being taken and the customer not getting what they pay for then a crime has been committed. So if that's all you have to say, maybe you should try Fakebook.
        This is really a user to user support forum that occasionally gets input from Vudu. It's not an official support site. Feel free to call Vudu directly.

Comment

Ive purchased 2 UHD titles from vudu 4k, and played them through the roku 4 on my samsung JS9500. i went with mad max and edge of tomorrow. I had 10 bit set on the roku.

the picture quality was pretty good. i compared both to blu ray and even took pictures comparing scenes. the blu ray is a tad sharper though. but for being streaming, the UHD versions looked very good. definitely destroys 1080P streaming which IMO is not good whatsoever.

I dont think the JU6700 is 10 bit, your probably watching 8 bit which means it may be inferior. Does the roku 10 bit selection work?

Comment

This forum is supposed to be part of Vudu and for support of the product... it is not for internet trolls that do nothing but browse online sites so they can be sociable.

A lot of money is involved in this and people are paying it but if that money is being taken and the customer not getting what they pay for then a crime has been committed. So if that's all you have to say, maybe you should try Fakebook.
            First off, you need spellcheck. It's called Facebook, not Fakebook.

2nd, nothing you wrote above changes the fact that you can't sue over a deleted post on a forum. Such a case would be laughed out of court. No lawyer would even take that case.

Comment

Capt-Cupcake has contributed a lot to these forums, and helped a lot of Vudu users. All we have heard from you are complaints and empty threats. You have the product (the movie) that you paid for, you are merely unsatisfied with the quality. If this were any other product you could probably get a refund, but with digital media the licenses usually prohibit refunds after the content has been played through for obvious reasons.

If you had approached this as a discussion rather than making scorched-earth threats, I think people would have taken you a little more seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxH View Post
                Capt-Cupcake has contributed a lot to these forums, and helped a lot of Vudu users. All we have heard from you are complaints and empty threats. You have the product (the movie) that you paid for, you are merely unsatisfied with the quality. If this were any other product you could probably get a refund, but with digital media the licenses usually prohibit refunds after the content has been played through for obvious reasons.

If you had approached this as a discussion rather than making scorched-earth threats, I think people would have taken you a little more seriously.
                +5

Comment

There is a 2 minutes preview available for every movie available in UHD.
                  I have compared the UHD preview to the HDX version for three movies (Edge of Tomorrow, St. Andreas and American Sniper) and the UHD version always was superior.
                  That was with the Roku 4.

Thinking about it some more I have an idea what it could be: I had a Samsung TV last year (sent it back) and it looked like **** when it was being fed 4k 60, it only could properly accept up to 4k 30. Maybe that is also a limitation of the Samsung TV of the original poster? I know this for a fact as I fed it a picture from a PC where it is extremely easy to compare just with a windows desktop - 4k 60 looked very bad and 4k 30 just pixel for pixel perfect. Now vudu and the Roku 4 only allow for 4k 60 so this may be the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by andrea4k View Post
                    There is a 2 minutes preview available for every movie available in UHD.
                    I have compared the UHD preview to the HDX version for three movies (Edge of Tomorrow, St. Andreas and American Sniper) and the UHD version always was superior.
                    That was with the Roku 4.

Thinking about it some more I have an idea what it could be: I had a Samsung TV last year (sent it back) and it looked like **** when it was being fed 4k 60, it only could properly accept up to 4k 30. Maybe that is also a limitation of the Samsung TV of the original poster? I know this for a fact as I fed it a picture from a PC where it is extremely easy to compare just with a windows desktop - 4k 60 looked very bad and 4k 30 just pixel for pixel perfect. Now vudu and the Roku 4 only allow for 4k 60 so this may be the issue.
                    With 4k/10bit display mode enabled on the Roku 4, you can stream 4k/24.

Comment

Thanks for the hint, I read you post on AVS and it is really good news for people who have a 4k 60 Hz 10 Bit capable UHD TV or projector. I am pretty sure that the Samsung TV of the original poster does not have 10 Bit 4k 60 capability that is needed to even navigate to the movies, even when one gets a nice 4k 24 Hz after that.

It should also be noted that the Roku 4 may need a hard reset after trying out 4k 10 Bit. Depending on how much effort went into its setup this can be annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxH View Post

Thanks Max!

For the record, I have had nothing but good and positive experiences with Vudu customer care. I have bought movies on Vudu and been unsatisfied with the quality and called the customer service number and they have been good enough to refund my money. A perfect example is the original live action version of Tim Burton's Frankenweenie. I bought it only to discover after the fact that it was in the wrong aspect ratio. It was 'stretched' to fill a 16 x 9 screen instead of being presented in the proper ratio. I called and Vudu was good enough to refund my money and remove the film from my collection. If the original poster is unhappy with the quality of the image of the UHD, I'd honestly be shocked if Vudu refused him a refund.

There is nothing wrong with a consumer whom is unhappy with their purchase requesting a refund, it's just the sheer stupidity of a 'lawsuit' over a deleted forum post that I find insanely laughable.

Comment

Sorry, I might be late to the game here.

Things to try:
                          1) Did you plug the HDMI input into your Samsung MHL HDMI input?
                          2) Is your HDMI cable new enough to support the latest HDMI specifications?

I have a Tivo Bolt and could not figure out why Netflix and Amazon Video were not showing 4K (UHD) content on their apps on my Tivo, but were when I used the TV interface to the apps. After reading my Samsung Owners Manual, there is a little footer stating that you need to plug into the MHL HDMI connection on the TV. After I did this, it worked flawlessly.

TL;DR: Update to latest HDMI cable; plug new HDMI cable into the MHL HDMI connection on TV.

Hope this helps.

Comment

I've been posting about this for the last few days and had a few posts removed which I don't like.

Something is going on here and after this post, I am contacting Vudu Support.

Here's the deal. I have a Samsung HD TV and I bought a Samsung UHD TV. I got a Roku 4 so Vudu UHD would play. Right off, I was suspicious of the picture quality and I thought there was very little difference in the UHD and the HDX picture. Today I connected both TV's up side by side and watching Into the Storm at the same time. The new TV playing the UHD version and the other playing the HDX version.

I am telling you there is absolutely ZERO difference in the picture. I mean nothing different and this whole thing about Vudu UHD is a scam. I recorded both screens with my camera and wish I could put the video here.

I am going to ask for a refund of that ridiculous $25 cost for the UHD version when I already had HDX. What did I get for my money ? Absolutely NOTHING and was cheated out of my money.

You delete this post and you will have a lawsuit to answer.

Noticed the same issue with my Samsung. Set UHD color to on under picture settings (maybe sub menu under advanced or expert settings). Noticeable improvement over HDX now.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve125 View Post
                              Noticed the same issue with my Samsung. Set UHD color to on under picture settings (maybe sub menu under advanced or expert settings). Noticeable improvement over HDX now.
                              We recently discovered this on LG TVs while testing Xbox One S 4K output. To get 10 bit color, you need to go into the LG "General" settings, scroll down to HDMI Ultra Deep Color, and turn it on per input HDMI port. Without this you will only get 8 bit color; 10 bits make a big difference even for SDK 4K, and is required for HDR.

Not sure why this is off by default (I think it's the same for some other models). I guess there can be confusing compatibility issues with 10 bit so they were being "safe"

Comment

I've been posting about this for the last few days and had a few posts removed which I don't like.

Something is going on here and after this post, I am contacting Vudu Support.

Here's the deal. I have a Samsung HD TV and I bought a Samsung UHD TV. I got a Roku 4 so Vudu UHD would play. Right off, I was suspicious of the picture quality and I thought there was very little difference in the UHD and the HDX picture. Today I connected both TV's up side by side and watching Into the Storm at the same time. The new TV playing the UHD version and the other playing the HDX version.

I am telling you there is absolutely ZERO difference in the picture. I mean nothing different and this whole thing about Vudu UHD is a scam. I recorded both screens with my camera and wish I could put the video here.

I am going to ask for a refund of that ridiculous $25 cost for the UHD version when I already had HDX. What did I get for my money ? Absolutely NOTHING and was cheated out of my money.

You delete this post and you will have a lawsuit to answer.
                                U have to make sure u have a high quality UHD cable and yes u can
                                ​​​​​​have a cable that works with HDX and will not work with UHD

Comment

Working...
                                X