Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

VUDU on Oculus and Gear VR request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VUDU on Oculus and Gear VR request

Who ever has had the experience of Virtual Reality knows what I am talking about.
    Since watching my first movie The Martian 3D on oculus Gear VR in my own private theater or the moon I wouldn't want to see them another way.

I will like to add a future request. Please create a VUDU app for the Oculus and Gear VR. I've been using the Gear VR for some time now and movies look amazing in it. I am sure that VUDU can create an amazing VR experience.

If anyone has had any movie VR experience lets use this platform to bring it to VUDU's attention.

Thanks,

Re: VUDU on Oculus and Gear VR request

I couldn't agree more!!! VR is not something to ignore and truly awesome for anyone who has not experienced it. Hopefully VUDU has something in the works or they are going to find themselves behind the curve to company's like netflix and amazon video. I don't know the tech behind it but VUDU already has a android app so it seems like they just need to put some resources behind it.

The SG7 pre-order was a hit and sold a ton of units and guess what it is coming included with??? That's right, a free Gear VR headset... the time is now for any streaming android company to step up before they are left behind.

Hope to see this in the very near future guys.

Comment

Purchased my Gear VR this weekend. Heck yes, please Vudu develop an app. These are amazing!!! The best $100 I have spent in a long time.

Comment

I agree...we pre-ordered our S7s and received the Gear VRs for free....best free gift ever!! Now if I could only access my VUDU movies. I already have access to my Netflix and Hulu accounts. If I can get to these movies I would be completely set.

Comment

Another vote for a Vudu app on my free VR headset from pre-ordering the S7....also need a "fixed for 4K" app on my 65JS8500 please.

Comment

Yes, Absolutely! Vudu on GearVR would be the best thing ever. Please please PLEASE!!!

Comment

So I see these requests asking vudu to develop an app for the oculus, with the first requesting coming in 2015 the last 2/2016 and here we are 5/2016 and still nothing. I don't get why they haven't done this yet or even given a hint that it could be on the way. This is very much a technology that is taking off your even seeing theme parks starting to incorporate this into rides. If Netflix and Hulu could make it work I don't see how vudu can't. I really would like to enjoy my own movies I have account thru my Gear VR. When I travel I download my purchased movies to watch on a plan since most carriers block Netflix, Hulu and other streaming apps do to bandwidth. It would be nice to have have my gear on and watch my movies like I was at a theater not sitting next some child that I have to worry about the parents being upretty cause I am watching a R rated or violent movie that they wouldnt want their child to see. Please Vudu come out with an app soon!

Comment

You don't need an app. On gear VR go to internet search. search flixter video, that takes you straight to your video account on ultra violet. select your movie, select play in chrome and taa daah! Tried to do it in vudu first said you had to use the app for androis so didn't work, but flixter has their stuff together.

Comment

Another vote here for vudu gear vr app! Please try to make this happen it would be awesome.

Comment

Yet another plea to make this happen. If you truly want to tout your app as being viewable on any device, you need to make it true.

Comment

Another VOTE here! I just registered my vudu forum account JUST to leave this comment and check on any info about "if" and "when" vudu will be teaming up with Oculus and the Gear VR! Please Vudu, don't let us down!

Comment

Same. We need a VR app ASAP!

Comment

Just wanted to bump this up a bit. Netflix has a VR app. There is already an app for Android, so the DRM is already in that app. I won't pretend that it is too easy, but it seems like some of the work has already been done. I travel with my Gear VR, and it seems silly to watch on a small phone screen when I could watch in VR.

Comment

I would also like to request a VUDU app for Gear VR. VUDU has always been at the forefront of supporting new devices. I was slightly surprised that Netflix appears to have beaten VUDU to the VR platform. Samsung is continually improving the experience to the point where it is very apparent that this technology is here to stay and will only get better and become more popular.

Comment

Netflix had almost 9 billion in revenue last year.
                              http://www.marketwatch.com/investing...flx/financials

Vudu isn't public, but they make an estimated 10.3 million per year.
                              http://www.hoovers.com/company-infor...e953419a0.html

"If they can do it, you can do it" doesn't quite fit in this scenario, as cool as it would be.

Comment

Working...
                              X