Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

VUDU on Oculus and Gear VR request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dadbart
    replied
    I have to agree with this. FandangoNOW recently released an app for Quest and Go and is also going to start offering 3D movies through that app. I already own a few 3d movies with Vudu and would love to watch them on my VR since 3D TVs are not made anymore. I would give preference to Vudu for future 3D if there was a way to use them on my Quest. Seems like a revenue stream missed just for lack of development.

Leave a comment:

• gamescan
    replied
    Originally posted by cjaysnyder View Post
    Being that you are able to share your VUDU Library with Youtube. Shouldn't you be able to pull up your vudu movies from the purchases area of YouTube. All my Vudu movies are available to watch from YouTube. Would this not work with the YouTube app for the Ocoulis go product?
    Works for 2D movies. But not 3D movies (where a Gear VR would shine). Also doesn't work for TV shows.

Leave a comment:

• cjaysnyder
    replied
    Being that you are able to share your VUDU Library with Youtube. Shouldn't you be able to pull up your vudu movies from the purchases area of YouTube. All my Vudu movies are available to watch from YouTube. Would this not work with the YouTube app for the Ocoulis go product?

Leave a comment:

• jcdevey
    replied
    I think the lack of support for VR is a missed opportunity for Vudu. As far as I know, Vudu seems to be one of the only services to sell 3D digital movies, yet the market is small when limited to owners of 3D televisions. Including VR users would expand the market, especially considering VR is on the rise, as opposed to the declining interest in 3D televisions. This is an opportunity for Vudu to differentiate, rather than being just another movie sales/rental service.

Leave a comment:

• RubberDuck
    replied
    There is a partial workaround that I've been using. By connecting your VUDU account and your Google account to Movies Anywhere, you can sync your VUDU library to your Google library and watch your movies through the Google Play app on your VR. It isn't a perfect solution since not all studios and titles work with Movies Anywhere and we should definitely continue pushing for VR support from VUDU, but for the time being its better than nothing.

Leave a comment:

• rwhitney
    replied
    Just got an Oculus Go, would really like to watch my episodes of the Expanse in VR!

Leave a comment:

• Bkzombie
    replied
    Is there a way to use Vudu with the vr?

Leave a comment:

• Summergal86
    replied
    Re: VUDU on Oculus and Gear VR request

Please Vudu create a vr app that we can use on gear vr! It would be so awesome to watch movies on.

Leave a comment:

• Shalonda
    replied

Originally posted by jeremymc7 View Post
    Can't you just one of the VR web browser apps and watch Vudu form the web interface.

Sure not as nice as a dedicated app, and there are some limits on playback quality but at least it's something.
    I actually tried to get to my Vudu movies from the web, and it says an app is needed. Any suggestions for me?

Leave a comment:

• Shalonda
    replied

Originally posted by Neowolf View Post
    Who ever has had the experience of Virtual Reality knows what I am talking about.
    Since watching my first movie The Martian 3D on oculus Gear VR in my own private theater or the moon I wouldn't want to see them another way.

I will like to add a future request. Please create a VUDU app for the Oculus and Gear VR. I've been using the Gear VR for some time now and movies look amazing in it. I am sure that VUDU can create an amazing VR experience.

If anyone has had any movie VR experience lets use this platform to bring it to VUDU's attention.

Thanks,
    I bought the VR glasses, and if VUDU makes an app for it, I'll be all set!

Leave a comment:

• jeremymc7
    replied

Originally posted by Shalonda View Post
    I bought my VR goggles, and I love them! The only thing missing is the ability to watch my vudu movies! That conditioner actually would make the goggles perfect! Please fix this!
    Can't you just one of the VR web browser apps and watch Vudu form the web interface.

Sure not as nice as a dedicated app, and there are some limits on playback quality but at least it's something.

Leave a comment:

• Shalonda
    replied

I bought my VR goggles, and I love them! The only thing missing is the ability to watch my vudu movies! That conditioner actually would make the goggles perfect! Please fix this!

Leave a comment:

• kamac0223@gmail.com
    replied
    VUDU must adapt to VR Solutions directly or indirectly or lose Millions of customers!

Dear VUDU,

My wife and I, and our 4 young kids have spent THOUSANDS on your movies. We have waited patiently for you to join the Gear VR Party. If VUDU Refuses to commit to this, and knowing all of the other providers available at this time for such a solution (including Amazon Video now thanks to Samsungs beta app that incorporates Amazon, HULU, and Youtube), you will become irrelevant, and we will no longer purchase new content form your site/app. More than 10 Million Gear VR Users now in the US, a jump of over 1,000% in less than 12 months and a number expected to DOUBLE in 6 months with the new Oculus 'Inclusion' promotions for new Galaxy Devices launching every other 2 week period. Vudu will soon join the ranks of the Palm Pilot, Blackberry, Blockbuster Video, and even AOL, in its irrelevancy without adapting to the new technologies and shifting market. If we leave Vudu over this, we will not return... after all, when you finally do catch up, you will have proven that the next technology leap will be treated the same way, and if digital movies are to last 'forever', we need to buy from companies that Future Proof their products.

Please Advise ASAP or lose however many millions of customers that dissect the Gear VR user base and past VUDU movie purchaser 'Comparison Circles' within the Venn Diagram. Your margins aren't the best on here, but you've built that Wal-Mart mentality into the marketing - VUDU can only thrive on significant volumes.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• tahlpaul
    replied

I get that they aren't as profitable as Netflix. I'm just saying, they already have developers that created the Vudu app and they continue to maintain it. I'm guessing they can take a lot of the code/modules from the existing app and put a skin for playing in a VR mode. Unless they outsource their app development, they probably have a developer or two that could play around with making it happen without having to start from 0.

Leave a comment:

• MattO
    replied

Netflix had almost 9 billion in revenue last year.
    http://www.marketwatch.com/investing...flx/financials

Vudu isn't public, but they make an estimated 10.3 million per year.
    http://www.hoovers.com/company-infor...e953419a0.html

"If they can do it, you can do it" doesn't quite fit in this scenario, as cool as it would be.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X