Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Bond collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mike1sc View Post
    We are over three years into this process and 3 years ago that may have been an appropriate answer. If it just happened every now and then, it would be ok. But how about 49 times it has happened to me.
    I'm not making a judgment about Vudu policies. I'm just making the observation, that if you have a 4K code and it is MA, you should be redeeming at MA and not Vudu. If it's not MA, check that it is a 4K code (some of the titles you list came with HD codes according to FelipeF and that is a studio decision) and if Vudu has the 4K content before redeeming.

As you say, it's been three years. I wouldn't expect anything to suddenly change.

Comment

I disagree. You should be redeeming on a provider as opposed to MA whenever it is possible (4ksheet.com will tell you where it can be redeemed safely). If something happened to your MA account you would lose those movies in the connected providers, but if you are redeeming your codes on Vudu, FN, iTunes, etc. - you can just create a new MA account and connect your providers to that account and your movies will port out of provider where redeemed then through MA to all connected providers.

But, more importantly - how is the Daniel Craig Bond Collection UHD not enabled on Vudu yet? The code does not redeem on any other provider. I was getting my hopes up when Quantum of Solace had UHD enabled - then nothing. No Vudu responses to this post either...

Comment

I admire both of you trying to respond in the appropriate manner. Look, I have over 360 4K movies, each one of them purchased new. In addition, I have purchased more than 15 4K Disk+Digital movies from Vudu. This is not my first rodeo. For anyone collecting both a physical disk collection and a digital library have learned how to use the various tools available. Where my frustration comes from as it relates to Vudu, is that it gives the appearance, whether it is factual or not, that Vudu is enhancing the revenue stream. By dragging their feet just a bit allows that to happen.

It just gets old when my list gets longer and longer of movies I purchased at the 4K level and I can only get HDX digitally, and my patience was exhausted when the rope-a-dope was done with the Daniel Craig movie, whether it was intentional or not. My question is why do we have to keep revisiting this....did Vudu not remember what day the Daniel Craig Collection was being released? And it is sad there is not a procedure in place that I can not clear up my own library other than spending another $745.00 on what it would take for the 49 or 53 or whatever the total is now to get those movies to the level I purchased them at in the first place. Really?

Comment

This is not my first rodeo.
          No disrespect intended, but this is hard to tell based on your previous comments.

Comment

I admire both of you trying to respond in the appropriate manner. Look, I have over 360 4K movies, each one of them purchased new. In addition, I have purchased more than 15 4K Disk+Digital movies from Vudu. This is not my first rodeo. For anyone collecting both a physical disk collection and a digital library have learned how to use the various tools available. Where my frustration comes from as it relates to Vudu, is that it gives the appearance, whether it is factual or not, that Vudu is enhancing the revenue stream. By dragging their feet just a bit allows that to happen.

It just gets old when my list gets longer and longer of movies I purchased at the 4K level and I can only get HDX digitally, and my patience was exhausted when the rope-a-dope was done with the Daniel Craig movie, whether it was intentional or not. My question is why do we have to keep revisiting this....did Vudu not remember what day the Daniel Craig Collection was being released? And it is sad there is not a procedure in place that I can not clear up my own library other than spending another $745.00 on what it would take for the 49 or 53 or whatever the total is now to get those movies to the level I purchased them at in the first place. Really?
            Honestly, it is more likely than not a result of resourcing (or lack thereof) on Vudu's product or engineering side than any nefarious scheme to collect a few more dollars.

The ideal system would be that when you redeem a code, it tells you what the code value is, then asks you to confirm redemption before assigning rights to your account and burning the code. The rights are then passed to the key store at the level stated in the code. MA *almost* gets this right, as it doesn't allow you to check a code if you're logged in. But MA is also new.

Vudu is not new. Vudu has gone through many iterations. And working in tech (including digital video streaming) I can say without question, the entire industry has a lot of tech debt. Vudu is very likely composed of a number of systems that have all been layered on top of one another, patched, and repatched. This is NOT a dig at Vudu. It is just a simple reality of pretty much every company in Silicon Valley. Big tech is not nearly as clean as you'd think. Which means that making changes and resolving said tech debt can be both risky and time intensive.

"Simple" changes are not always simple.

One example that we can look at is the work that went into allowing Vudu to register UV rights for content levels it did not have UHD and HDX when Vudu only had HDX and SD for specific titles, AND to pass those licenses through to MA. Yes, looking at it now, it's "obvious" that should have always been the case. But it's also a use case that probably didn't come up back in the day when Vudu was first created and digital codes weren't even a thing.

To make a change is going to require (and this is a rough overview) a product manager to determine that it is a priority. Scope the change. Document the work. Get engineers assigned. Fit the work into a sprint (another prioritization call). Develop the code. Land the code in staging/test. QA the code. Regression test the code. Document the code. Work with marketing to communicate the change to end users in a clear/concise way. Push the code to production. Cross your fingers and hope you didn't just cause an outage.

My response earlier wasn't me trying to be diplomatic, but rather a simple understanding of the realities of what the Engineering team at Vudu is (likely) facing every day.

The flip side of that is the customer service response. That is separate from any engineering issues, and yes, I wholeheartedly agree that from a CS perspective, Vudu's CS team should be making right any issues that happen due to limits in technology. We saw this with the Batman animated series where the HD codes redeemed SD and then FelipeF went back and ensured everyone got upgraded to HD when Vudu got the correct encodes.

As for colbyw's comments, I understand your PoV, but disagree. For one, MA is owned by Disney and Disney is powerful enough as a company to have copyright laws rewritten for its benefit. Disney isn't going anywhere. But even if it wasn't Disney, the key store is always the source of truth. When UV went down, it worked to ensure a transition of content. When retailers have gone poof in the past (Target Ticket, Cinema Now, etc.) the solution was basically "well, you have the content in the key store, so not our problem."

Comment

My point was to point out the same issues continue today at it relates to 4K movies as did 3 years ago. When I purchase the Daniel Craig Collection and redeem it here, without choice, it redeems at the HDX level. That I can live with. It is the less than a half an hour later Vudu makes one of the movies I redeemed available for 4K for $14.99. The first time I saw this 53 movies ago, I thought it was just an oversight and in bringing it to Vudu's attention, not only did I not get it resolved, but instead got 4 different reasons why my movie didn't redeem, none of which were true. They then shrugged their shoulders 58 more times in the past three years if I actually had the audacity to ask someone to correct this. Everyone points at each other and no one wants to take any initiative in what could be an easy fix....but, no easy fix. I have over 25 movies that have been sitting in the HDX/4K limbo for over 2 years now. Thanks Vudu...not really.

Comment

All 4 movies that are part of the Daniel Craig Collection are now available individually in 4K. Can Vudu make the Daniel Craig Bundle collection available for purchase in 4K as well? It's currently available in HDX only. Also, can Vudu speak with MGM in regards to making the Daniel Craig Bundle Collection redeem in UHD when redeeming the UHD code from the 4K Blu-ray? Thanks FelipeF

Comment

Originally posted by xxxsdesdexxx View Post
                  All 4 movies that are part of the Daniel Craig Collection are now available individually in 4K. Can Vudu make the Daniel Craig Bundle collection available for purchase in 4K as well? It's currently available in HDX only. Also, can Vudu speak with MGM in regards to making the Daniel Craig Bundle Collection redeem in UHD when redeeming the UHD code from the 4K Blu-ray? Thanks FelipeF
                  +1 please Vudu and can you confirm when ready

Comment

Originally posted by xxxsdesdexxx View Post
                    This would be great if Vudu could accomplish as I've been holding on to my 4k code.

369 UHD
                    770 HDX
                    3 SD

Comment

Any movement on this Felipe? Seems like an easy add. Thanks in advance for what you can do. Still waiting for the Three Flavours Cornetto Trilogy as well. Help us out please. All individual titles from each of these sets are UHD enabled. Would like to redeem these 2 "4K" codes on Vudu - which we should be able to.

Comment

New Bond trailer releases today. How about some good news MGM and Vudu re: our 4k Daniel Craig Collections to coincide???

Comment

FelipeF I am also interested if this has been addressed. Would love to watch these again during Christmas.

Comment

Subscribing to this discussion, as I also bought the Daniel Craig 4K Discs.
                            I see some of the individual movies are now available in 4K UHD on VUDU. Just not the Daniel Craig Collection bundle on Vudu, it's only available in HDX. Since I only have one code that came in my physical 4k movies case, I afraid it will only redeem to the VUDU Daniel Craig Collection bundle that is only available in HDX at the moment.
                            The code included in the 4K disc collection is only redeemable at VUDU, so I hope VUDU and MGM /FOX Redeem get this figured out.
                            Come on VUDU!

I thought I remember at one point MoviesAnywhere or maybe it was Ultraviolet , would save the information that you redeemed a 4k disk code even if a 4k digital version was not yet available. If the 4k digital version became available in the future, it would credit your account with the 4k version. I might be misremembering and mistaken though (I probably am), and it appears that VUDU doesn't do that, unfortunately. I wish it would.

I'm extremely glad we have the option to purchase and obtain a 4K upgrade to our HD purchases on VUDU, if a 4K version becomes available in the future. Unlike many other digital retailers, which will not let you purchase a 4k version if you already previously own the hd version.
                            But I hate double dipping and end up buying a movie twice (once for hd and a second time for a 4k version if it becomes available). :/ More and more studios are making their older releases available in 4k.

Comment

Any news on this?

Comment

l would contact MGM rather than Vudu to see if they're going to make the collection redeem as 4k. Last time I called MGM though, it seemed to go to Fox so who knows?

376 UHD
                                767 HDX
                                3 SD

Comment

Working...
                                X