Announcement

Collapse

Vudu Forum Guidelines

Vudu Forum Guidelines

The Vudu Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Vudu experience. Here, Vudu customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Vudu and Vudu -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Vudu customers with questions and/or problems with their Vudu service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Vudu Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Vudu Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Vudu reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Vudu products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Vudu retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Vudu Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Vudu products and services should be directed to Vudu customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Vudu, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Vudu a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Vudu desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Vudu will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Vudu is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Vudu the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Vudu for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Vudu takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Vudu My Lists

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Originally posted by meitis View Post
    Close by "no cigar":
    Must haves!!!!
    1. Apple TV support
    2. Sort the named lists alphabetically rather than by list creation time.
    It already can sort by alphabet and release date via drop down. They just need to add a feature to remember how you have that set for each list. Right now it reverts to default custom sort every time.

    Comment


      #32
      I think they're referring to how the lists themselves are arranged, not the items inside each list.

      Comment


        #33
        Please release support for "Lists" on Sony TV's and Apple 4k

        Comment


          #34
          In addition to echoing everyone's complaints that we should be able to reorder the lists themselves (not the movies in the lists, the lists), I would also like it if someone could look into making the list function a bit more uniform across platforms. I have a Roku, but I think the remote is dead. On Roku, you can manually reorder a list under the gear, there's a "Reorder" option, and you click on a poster to move it and then again to "place" it. You can also delete titles on Roku.

          However, on the LG TV app, which I've been forced back to until I figure out my Roku situation, there is no reorder or delete option. You have to go to each individual title and uncheck it from the list the manual way to delete it from a list on the TV, and there is simply no method to reorder.

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by tylergfoster View Post
            In addition to echoing everyone's complaints that we should be able to reorder the lists themselves (not the movies in the lists, the lists), I would also like it if someone could look into making the list function a bit more uniform across platforms. I have a Roku, but I think the remote is dead. On Roku, you can manually reorder a list under the gear, there's a "Reorder" option, and you click on a poster to move it and then again to "place" it. You can also delete titles on Roku.

            However, on the LG TV app, which I've been forced back to until I figure out my Roku situation, there is no reorder or delete option. You have to go to each individual title and uncheck it from the list the manual way to delete it from a list on the TV, and there is simply no method to reorder.
            Getting parity across platforms in in progress. We wanted to get this feature out as soon as we thought people would enjoy it instead of waiting, but you will see the same features on your LG TV (and others) soon. Note our web browser app supports the same features as Roku, so you can always use for now it if you can't do something you want on your LG TV.

            We also have a bunch of additions in the works (and priority is being driven largely by customer feedback - sorting the lists is "on the list"). Unfortunately can't comment on timing of any specific work but the feedback overall has been helpful and mostly positive, so expect to see a lot more enhancements to lists this year!

            Comment


              #36
              I would absolutely like to chime in that organizing the lists would be highly preferred.

              I like that I can A-Z (or Release Date for things like MCU or DCEU!) within the lists, but I'd like the lists organized themselves.

              It's killing my OCD to have "Vampires" above "Anime" just because I made the former after the latter, lol.

              And can we have the ability to A-Z organize the original Wishlist, please? I don't know how it organizes itself, because it isn't even in order of items added to it.

              Comment


                #37
                To reinforce some of the thoughts here on what I would like to see for the My Lists capabilities:
                1) The ability to reorganize the My Lists categories in A-Z (by drag and drop would be great as well);
                2) the ability to reorganize the items within each list using drag and drop as well as keeping the other default list options (Release Date and A-Z);
                3) the ability to also do reverse release date reorganization so that my older movies would be at the start of the list while newest ones would be at the bottom (thereby allowing me to do things like watch the entire series of MCU movies or Star Wars movies, etc starting at the top of the page instead of having to scroll to the bottom of the page and watch them from the bottom up - it's counter-intuitive);
                4) there is a custom order organization but that only places movies in the order you input them into the list. Allow drag and dropping as part of rearranging the custom order so that we effectively have the ability to create sub-lists within a list.

                In other words, more flexibility in the way in which we organize our lists of Lists as well as the way we organize our shows within each List.

                I love the lists idea and have created a great number of lists in order to help to organize my shows and movies better. The fact that I can't organize my lists though (after all, some might say that the point of creating Lists is to help organize your movies) feels a bit ironic.

                Comment


                  #38
                  Hey,

                  Thanks for the suggestions, note:

                  #1 (sorting the lists themselves) is top of *our* list, probably most requested feature...

                  #2 (reorganize items in list with drag&drop) is supported on many platforms already, and is being added to remaining ones (I just checked and it is on web

                  #3 (sort by release date old->new) is supported on some platforms already - eg Roku - was surprised to see it's not on web yet, I'll point that out

                  #4 see #2


                  Curious what the primary platorms/apps are that you use to create and browse your lists?


                  And in general we have a lot of great ideas we want to add to this feature - but we also wanted to get it out to customers as soon as we thought it was a good experience!



                  Originally posted by Hexrunner View Post
                  To reinforce some of the thoughts here on what I would like to see for the My Lists capabilities:
                  1) The ability to reorganize the My Lists categories in A-Z (by drag and drop would be great as well);
                  2) the ability to reorganize the items within each list using drag and drop as well as keeping the other default list options (Release Date and A-Z);
                  3) the ability to also do reverse release date reorganization so that my older movies would be at the start of the list while newest ones would be at the bottom (thereby allowing me to do things like watch the entire series of MCU movies or Star Wars movies, etc starting at the top of the page instead of having to scroll to the bottom of the page and watch them from the bottom up - it's counter-intuitive);
                  4) there is a custom order organization but that only places movies in the order you input them into the list. Allow drag and dropping as part of rearranging the custom order so that we effectively have the ability to create sub-lists within a list.

                  In other words, more flexibility in the way in which we organize our lists of Lists as well as the way we organize our shows within each List.

                  I love the lists idea and have created a great number of lists in order to help to organize my shows and movies better. The fact that I can't organize my lists though (after all, some might say that the point of creating Lists is to help organize your movies) feels a bit ironic.

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by Jake View Post
                    Hey,

                    Thanks for the suggestions, note:

                    #1 (sorting the lists themselves) is top of *our* list, probably most requested feature...

                    #2 (reorganize items in list with drag&drop) is supported on many platforms already, and is being added to remaining ones (I just checked and it is on web

                    #3 (sort by release date old->new) is supported on some platforms already - eg Roku - was surprised to see it's not on web yet, I'll point that out

                    #4 see #2


                    Curious what the primary platorms/apps are that you use to create and browse your lists?


                    And in general we have a lot of great ideas we want to add to this feature - but we also wanted to get it out to customers as soon as we thought it was a good experience!




                    Thank you for your responses, Jake!

                    Knowing that sorting the lists themselves is the top of your list--based on most requests--is awesome. LOVE the lists; thank you!!!

                    Comment


                      #40
                      I would like to see this added to my nvidia shield tv 4k (2019). My new lg tv has it, but my older tv I'm using the nvidia shield tv on doesn't. Would like to be able to use the feature on all of my devices.

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Drag and drop resorting of titles is now active on Android. Probably on iphone I can imagine as well.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X