As sad as it that Studios have had to resort to these steps, COVID-19 has forced Studios to stream some movies on the same day as their theatrical release. So far, the first 4 movie up is Disney/Pixar's "Onward", and Universals "Invisible Man", 'Hunt", and . .. "Emma"(?) I think.
Anyway, "Onward" seems to have a buy option, but no rent option. Honestly, for $20, Im A-Okay with buy. But oddly, the Universal movies only have a Rent option. . . . . . . AT $20 FOR 48 Hours
Does anyone know if this is a glitch? Are they going to have a buy option. I understand the scariest part to all this for the Studios is that normally they could rake in $100 easy for one family to view a movie at the theater once, not to mention revisits. Now they're being forced to sale/stream a move at $20 to a family who very well could have 6 family members. I get they need to weigh their options. So are they basically providing a $20 option to Stream-Rent now, in place of going to the theater, and then provide a buy option 3 months later?