atasehir escort pendik escort ankara escort

Announcement

Collapse

Vudu Forum Guidelines

Vudu Forum Guidelines

The Vudu Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Vudu experience. Here, Vudu customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Vudu and Vudu -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Vudu customers with questions and/or problems with their Vudu service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Vudu Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Vudu Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Vudu reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Vudu products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Vudu retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Vudu Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Vudu products and services should be directed to Vudu customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Vudu, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Vudu a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Vudu desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Vudu will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Vudu is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Vudu the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Vudu for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Vudu takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Vudu on Flixter

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Vudu on Flixter

    Does anyone know why all of a sudden the movies I have bought on Vudu and the ones I have made digital copies of via Vudu to go are no longer playable on the flixter app? Video that a UV code was used for seem to be playing fine, its just the stuff I got via Vudu, and most of says that its UV. It's not really a big deal as I use Vudu all the time anyway. I was just wondering why this is happening.

    #2
    Re: Vudu on Flixter

    Originally posted by redtater View Post
    Does anyone know why all of a sudden the movies I have bought on Vudu and the ones I have made digital copies of via Vudu to go are no longer playable on the flixter app? Video that a UV code was used for seem to be playing fine, its just the stuff I got via Vudu, and most of says that its UV. It's not really a big deal as I use Vudu all the time anyway. I was just wondering why this is happening.
    Flixster is being shut down. It was purchased by Fandango back in February...

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Vudu on Flixter

      Originally posted by Cranston37 View Post
      Flixster is being shut down. It was purchased by Fandango back in February...
      Flixster was purchased, not flixster video. Multiple CSR's have told me the video portion is not shutting down. It's the only service available in several countries, so they can't shut it down without transferring ownership of the UV rights to another provider.

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Vudu on Flixter

        Originally posted by echopulse View Post
        Flixster was purchased, not flixster video. Multiple CSR's have told me the video portion is not shutting down. It's the only service available in several countries, so they can't shut it down without transferring ownership of the UV rights to another provider.
        You are correct that the Flixster video service was not a part of the deal, but it's still being shut down.

        Fandango bought Flixster and Rotten Tomatoes, which were owned by Warner Brothers. As part of the deal Warners bought an ownership piece of Fandango, which in turn made them part owner of FandangoNow, making the Flixster video service (but NOT the Flixster recommendation site or app) redundant for Warners.




        "Fandango said the Flixster Video home entertainment and digital video redemption service is not included in the transaction, but is expected to transition to Fandango’s new video on-demand service later this year and then be closed down."

        http://variety.com/2016/digital/news...er-1201708444/

        "Flixster's existing streaming service won't be part of the deal, instead it'll eventually shut down and its users will be pushed towards Fandango's streaming offering."

        https://www.engadget.com/2016/02/17/...toes-flixster/

        "Flixster's and Rotten Tomatoes' websites and apps will remain intact after the acquisition by Fandango. However, Flixster Video will shut down later this year."

        http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...217-story.html

        "The streaming service Flixster Video (which is not part of the acquisition) will shut down later this year."

        https://techcrunch.com/2016/02/17/fa...tten-tomatoes/

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Vudu on Flixter

          Originally posted by Cranston37 View Post
          You are correct that the Flixster video service was not a part of the deal, but it's still being shut down.

          Fandango bought Flixster and Rotten Tomatoes, which were owned by Warner Brothers. As part of the deal Warners bought an ownership piece of Fandango, which in turn made them part owner of FandangoNow, making the Flixster video service (but NOT the Flixster recommendation site or app) redundant for Warners.




          "Fandango said the Flixster Video home entertainment and digital video redemption service is not included in the transaction, but is expected to transition to Fandango?s new video on-demand service later this year and then be closed down."

          http://variety.com/2016/digital/news...er-1201708444/

          "Flixster's existing streaming service won't be part of the deal, instead it'll eventually shut down and its users will be pushed towards Fandango's streaming offering."

          https://www.engadget.com/2016/02/17/...toes-flixster/

          "Flixster's and Rotten Tomatoes' websites and apps will remain intact after the acquisition by Fandango. However, Flixster Video will shut down later this year."

          http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...217-story.html

          "The streaming service Flixster Video (which is not part of the acquisition) will shut down later this year."

          https://techcrunch.com/2016/02/17/fa...tten-tomatoes/
          It may happen, but it is not clear at this point.

          Those articles are all quoting the same source without actually saying what the source is and notice the Variety article says "expected" - that could easily change.
          Fandango said the Flixster Video home entertainment and digital video redemption service is not included in the transaction, but is expected to transition its users to Fandango?s new video on-demand service later this year and then be closed down.
          Echopulse has talked to CSRs after the inital news release and they are saying not shutting down.

          An email sent out on March 31 stated the following:
          As part of this transfer of ownership, consumer information collected by Flixster on or before April 1, 2016, including your account information and past activity associated with your account, will be transferred to Fandango. Please review the Fandango privacy policy that will apply for more information. As noted above, this does not affect the Flixster Video service, which will continue to be owned by Warner Bros. Following the completion of the transaction and until further notice, your username and password will continue to be valid on Flixster, Rotten Tomatoes and Flixster Video.

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Vudu on Flixter

            Originally posted by Grey Ghost View Post
            It may happen, but it is not clear at this point
            https://plus.google.com/wm/4/app/bas...kcziqnyigczqtk

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Vudu on Flixter

              That statement only applies to the Roku channel.

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Vudu on Flixter

                Originally posted by echopulse View Post
                That statement only applies to the Roku channel.
                Every news article states that Flixster video is being shut down... then a month later they close their D2D program... then an email is sent out saying they were moving customers' account information to FandangoNow... now they shut down their app on the most popular streaming player...

                I decided to take one last stab at this, so I just e-mailed them and asked. Here is their response:



                Thank you for contacting Flixster Video Customer Care.

                Unfortunately, Flixster Video will no longer be supported. As an alternative, you can watch your UltraViolet movies and TV shows using another UltraViolet playback service such as VUDU, CinemaNow, or FandangoNOW.

                When you create an account with another service, make sure you link the new account with the UltraViolet account currently linked to your Flixster Video account (you do not need to create a second UltraViolet account). This will ensure that you will have access to your UltraViolet collection through all UltraViolet playback services.

                If you have any further questions, please reply back to this email and let us know.

                Sincerely,

                Murali

                - Flixster Video Customer Care



                It very well might only apply to Roku because Roku has a FandangoNow app they can easily move people to. I'm sure it will exist for awhile through mobile apps and some TV's until a FandangoNow app can be created for them. But the writing is definitely on the wall here...

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Vudu on Flixter

                  What exactly did you ask them? That statement only applies to devices like the Roku and video game consoled. It's still available on the web, mobile devices, Google Chromecast and Samsung TV's.

                  All those news articles were just copying the Variety article which was incorrect. They have continually said that Flixster Video will stay a part of Warner.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Vudu on Flixter

                    So then what is the answer to the question; why are so many movies not playable?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: Vudu on Flixter

                      Originally posted by Cranston37 View Post
                      Every news article states that Flixster video is being shut down... then a month later they close their D2D program... then an email is sent out saying they were moving customers' account information to FandangoNow... now they shut down their app on the most popular streaming player...

                      I decided to take one last stab at this, so I just e-mailed them and asked. Here is their response:



                      Thank you for contacting Flixster Video Customer Care.

                      Unfortunately, Flixster Video will no longer be supported. As an alternative, you can watch your UltraViolet movies and TV shows using another UltraViolet playback service such as VUDU, CinemaNow, or FandangoNOW.

                      When you create an account with another service, make sure you link the new account with the UltraViolet account currently linked to your Flixster Video account (you do not need to create a second UltraViolet account). This will ensure that you will have access to your UltraViolet collection through all UltraViolet playback services.

                      If you have any further questions, please reply back to this email and let us know.

                      Sincerely,

                      Murali

                      - Flixster Video Customer Care
                      Well most of Europe is completely screwed if the online version does shut down since Flixster is pretty much the only UV viewing site and app many have access to. And even if they decide to replace Flixster with Fandangonow I would still call it a no go. I have over 700 movies and 70 tv series in UV and I would probably just stop watching anything if Fandangonow was my only option. If you took all your books and tore out the pages then scattered the pages all around the room it would closely resemble the Fandangonow organization system.

                      Now as to why Vudu redeemed movies are no longer showing up on Flixster. Try unlinking and relinking each account with your UV locker. For some reason the two services get out of sync every so often and decide to ignore what the other is doing. They are like a couple who keep breaking up and getting back together and the poor UV locker is the kids.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: Vudu on Flixter

                        Well I tried unlinking and relinking both accounts and it made it even worse. There are now even more movies on flixter that were acquired via Vudu that are "not available for playback". For what its worth I read on one of the comments that people can post on the flixter app that flixter has cut ties with Vudu. Whether that is true or not is anybody's guess. But as it now stands the flixter app is pretty much toast as far as I am concerned. Funny thing though the one video that shows up on flixter that should be on Vudu and the others is season 5 of Chuck. Its UV and at one time was in my Vudu cue, but has since disappeared.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: Vudu on Flixter

                          Originally posted by redtater View Post
                          Well I tried unlinking and relinking both accounts and it made it even worse. There are now even more movies on flixter that were acquired via Vudu that are "not available for playback". For what its worth I read on one of the comments that people can post on the flixter app that flixter has cut ties with Vudu. Whether that is true or not is anybody's guess. But as it now stands the flixter app is pretty much toast as far as I am concerned. Funny thing though the one video that shows up on flixter that should be on Vudu and the others is season 5 of Chuck. Its UV and at one time was in my Vudu cue, but has since disappeared.
                          Flixster never had any ties to vudu. It only has ties to UltraViolet. There's something screwy with your UV account. Sometimes when you re-link it takes a while to re-load your whole collection.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X