Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Monster Hunter (2020) Release date is wrong????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monster Hunter (2020) Release date is wrong????

I'm making this post since Vudu says the release date for Monster Hunter movie (2020) is the 25th of December and its now the 31st of December and hasn't been released yet. I have preordered this movie and been waiting patiently for the release on Vudu since we all may get sick in Theaters (which most of them are shut down) to watch this movie with COVID around.

Unless the release date was changed and hasn't been updated on the Vudu website. I will like to get some clarification on when this movie will get released on Vudu, thanks and Happy New Years.

It's up to the studios on when they release a title. It's still on pre-order at all retailers, hopefully this month.

Comment

Originally posted by Wasteland View Post
      It's up to the studios on when they release a title. It's still on pre-order at all retailers, hopefully this month.
      Oh I understand that, Vudu fixed their information after I posted this on the forum, it doesn't say the released date "25th of December" anymore and now it only says "Released 2020". I don't care when movies are released, its just I don't like when a site says something and it doesn't happen. They fixed it now, so I'm happy whenever it gets released.

Comment

They didn't "fix" anything, it simply automatically updated to 'released 2020' when we rolled into the new year, 2021... On their social pages they still just say, "get your tickets now!!" despite theaters being closed, everyone one being confused and complaining about it, and have communicated nothing to us about when we can actually see this movie, ignoring the fans; it's like they want it to bomb hard... very frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by lexgamer View Post
          They didn't "fix" anything, it simply automatically updated to 'released 2020' when we rolled into the new year, 2021... On their social pages they still just say, "get your tickets now!!" despite theaters being closed, everyone one being confused and complaining about it, and have communicated nothing to us about when we can actually see this movie, ignoring the fans; it's like they want it to bomb hard... very frustrating.
          Your right, they didn't fix the solution, they need to let us know what the new release date is after having people wait with the wrong release date or explain on what is going on why the information was bad. What I meant to say in my last comment is that VUDU changed it to "Released 2020" (for Theaters only), sorry about that. I have talked to a few friends about this too, Vudu and Prime are both in the same situation, and we think its on the people that own the movie that screwed up and didn't get it to Vudu and Prime on their released dates of 25th of December.

Comment

Monster Hunter is tentatively expected to be released on disc on March 30, 2021.

I wouldn't expect it to be available for purchase digitally until Tuesday, March 9, 2021 or later that month.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Gordon View Post
              Monster Hunter is tentatively expected to be released on disc on March 30, 2021.

I wouldn't expect it to be available for purchase digitally until Tuesday, March 9, 2021 or later that month.
              Thanks for that information, someone (or company) screwed up the released information and that's why I posted here to get some sort of answers.

Comment

Lot's of things are messed up right now.

Comment

When Vudu shows a date below the title, that is the theatrical release date.
                  If that date is within the current year, it will show month & day.
                  Once the year of release passes, it changes to just the theatrical release year.
                  Every single movie has been like this for as long as I can remember.
                  This was not a mistake, this is how it has always been.
                  Monster Hunter theatrical release date was Dec. 25th, 2020.
                  Once 2020 was over (6 days later), it changed to the standard "year only" date (2020).
                  If Vudu has a tentative purchase or rental date, it will usually display above the price button on the site, or above the title art on TV apps.
                  It will say "Expected:" along with the digital release date.

Comment

Originally posted by mrewster View Post
                    When Vudu shows a date below the title, that is the theatrical release date.
                    If that date is within the current year, it will show month & day.
                    Once the year of release passes, it changes to just the theatrical release year.
                    Every single movie has been like this for as long as I can remember.
                    This was not a mistake, this is how it has always been.
                    Monster Hunter theatrical release date was Dec. 25th, 2020.
                    Once 2020 was over (6 days later), it changed to the standard "year only" date (2020).
                    If Vudu has a tentative purchase or rental date, it will usually display above the price button on the site, or above the title art on TV apps.
                    I understand what you are saying, but the movie was released in theaters on the 18th of december and not the 25th. I understand if you didn't know the new release date in theaters, it was posted on many sites that it was released on the 18th. So that brings me back on why Vudu didn't update the information to say the 18th of December release (for theaters of course), and that is why so many others were confused on the release date for vudu when it said the 25th of December. Read all the comments on Amazon Prime (they had the same issue) and you see why I bring this conservation up, because I'm not the only one that saw the screw up information for release date. Maybe my suggestion for Vudu is to give out only dates for releases on Vudu and not for theater release dates and that will clear up so much confusion on this craziness.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenHornet2ss View Post

I understand what you are saying, but the movie was released in theaters on the 18th of december and not the 25th. I understand if you didn't know the new release date in theaters, it was posted on many sites that it was released on the 18th. So that brings me back on why Vudu didn't update the information to say the 18th of December release (for theaters of course), and that is why so many others were confused on the release date for vudu when it said the 25th of December. Read all the comments on Amazon Prime (they had the same issue) and you see why I bring this conservation up, because I'm not the only one that saw the screw up information for release date. Maybe my suggestion for Vudu is to give out only dates for releases on Vudu and not for theater release dates and that will clear up so much confusion on this craziness.
                      Monster Hunter was released in the United States on December 18, 2020.The film was originally scheduled to be released on September 4, 2020, but was delayed to April 23, 2021, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, before being moved up to December 30, then finally the Christmas date. Sony yet again altered the film's release date in the United States in early December after the film's troublesome release in China, moving its release to December 18, 2020. <--Wikipedia

The theatrical release date was changed 5 times. I think we can pardon Vudu for not keeping track, just like I didn't know the last change. Either way, Vudu has always listed theatrical date, not digital. As I stated above:

Generally speaking, there IS no digital release date scheduled at the time a movie is released in theaters. Ordinarily the digital date is based on disc release - anywhere from a few weeks prior, up to the disc release date. Usually, Once this date is established, Vudu will put the price in the pull-down "purchase" button, or as I said in an "Expected: xx/xx/xx" date. This date is determined by the studio/distributor, Vudu has no input or say in the matter when that date is, or when they are able to announce it. This used to be a very straightforward procedure, but the closing of theaters has thrown a huge wrench in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by mrewster View Post

Monster Hunter was released in the United States on December 18, 2020.The film was originally scheduled to be released on September 4, 2020, but was delayed to April 23, 2021, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, before being moved up to December 30, then finally the Christmas date. Sony yet again altered the film's release date in the United States in early December after the film's troublesome release in China, moving its release to December 18, 2020. <--Wikipedia

The theatrical release date was changed 5 times. I think we can pardon Vudu for not keeping track, just like I didn't know the last change. Either way, Vudu has always listed theatrical date, not digital. As I stated above:

Generally speaking, there IS no digital release date scheduled at the time a movie is released in theaters. Ordinarily the digital date is based on disc release - anywhere from a few weeks prior, up to the disc release date. Usually, Once this date is established, Vudu will put the price in the pull-down "purchase" button, or as I said in an "Expected: xx/xx/xx" date. This date is determined by the studio/distributor, Vudu has no input or say in the matter when that date is, or when they are able to announce it. This used to be a very straightforward procedure, but the closing of theaters has thrown a huge wrench in the works.
                        I already knew about the 5 changes, lol. I never blamed Vudu and didn't want to make it sound like it either, all I was asking if the release date is wrong. I've already came to the conclusion after a few weeks now that the movie won't be released anytime soon. But it would've been nice if they updated the information in the first place, so I wouldn't been confused on what the hell was going on, lol.

Thanks for the details on your comment above and I already knew most of that about Vudu, its more of me wanting a explanation on the wrong information.

P.S. I wish we could go to theaters again, it just sucks that we can't and have to rely on digital releases now. Stay safe from that COVID.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenHornet2ss View Post

I already knew about the 5 changes, lol. I never blamed Vudu and didn't want to make it sound like it either, all I was asking if the release date is wrong. I've already came to the conclusion after a few weeks now that the movie won't be released anytime soon. But it would've been nice if they updated the information in the first place, so I wouldn't been confused on what the hell was going on, lol.

Thanks for the details on your comment above and I already knew most of that about Vudu, its more of me wanting a explanation on the wrong information.

P.S. I wish we could go to theaters again, it just sucks that we can't and have to rely on digital releases now. Stay safe from that COVID.
                          Most theaters are open, though some may be limiting the amount of seats. AMC is sadly on the verge of going bankrupt I believe. It'll be a sad day when/if theaters become a thing of the past.

Comment

Working...
                          X