Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Nearly 3 months and still no resolution!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letter mailed last week to Paul Yanover, Fandango CEO:

Dear Mr. Yanover:

It has been three months now since the shutdown of FandangoNow and forcing us to merge our libraries with Vudu, yet no resolution or even a response regarding my ticket #20210809-02K4MV from the “appropriate department.” Vudu customer service agents are downright rude when I call in asking for an update, then accuse me of burdening their systems by opening multiple tickets when requesting a status. I am sorry, but customers are unaware that each time they call in or open a chat session or send an e-mail that they are opening a new ticket, and again, chastising your customers who are simply asking to be updated since no one has been responding is most certainly uncalled for

Having worked in both Customer Service and Information Technology for over 30 years, I find it baffling that licensing issues were not resolved prior to the library mergers, especially since the team responsible for this activity must have had access to what both companies had licenses for. I find it even more baffling if they did not. Nearly every time a company I worked for was transitioning to a new platform, IT would perform massive test runs and database comparisons to help anticipate any issues that may occur. Having your customer service agents for both Vudu and FandangoNow assure customers that there would be NO issues when their libraries would eventually be merged is even more alarming.

Mr. Yanover, I am sure I do not need to inform you just how many customers this failed library merger has affected (likely in the thousands, at least). For Vudu to pretend it is business as usual and ignore customers’ pleas on social media as well as your own customer forums is a disgrace and an insult to the people who have kept your businesses successful for so many years. How much longer must we wait for a resolution, and why can’t we, your customers, receive any kind of answer regarding this issue? What is Vudu planning on doing to win your customers back after essentially robbing customers of what they had purchased? I have attached a list of affected movies in my Vudu library. Please resolve this ASAP.

Comment

Nice letter, good luck getting a response. If you do, let us know.

654 UHD
      797 HDX
      5 SD

Comment

Originally posted by lujan View Post
        Nice letter, good luck getting a response. If you do, let us know.

654 UHD
        797 HDX
        5 SD
        No one responded to my first letter....

Comment

It seems they are finally doing some UHD upgrades of those 4k movies transferred from FandangoNow. I originally had 25 movies that were not UHD on Vudu:

2:22,
          3 Days to Kill,
          A Merry Friggin' Christmas,
          After the Dark [The Philosophers],
          Catch Hell,
          Clara,
          Druid Peak,
          Earth to Echo,
          Immortals,
          Lady of Guadalupe,
          Limitless,
          Mirror Mirror,
          R.I.P.D.,
          Sharknado,
          Sharknado 2: The Second One,
          Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No!,
          Sharknado: The 4th Awakens,
          Sharknado 5: Global Swarming,
          The Last Sharknado: It's About Time,
          The Book Thief,
          The Family,
          The Giver,
          The November Man,
          The Test,
          Wolves

There are now only 16 not upgraded yet as follows:

Catch Hell,
          Clara,
          Druid Peak,
          Earth to Echo,
          Lady of Guadalupe,
          Mirror Mirror,
          R.I.P.D.,
          Sharknado,
          The Giver,
          The Test

There are two titles that I'm not able to watch at all in any resolution:

The Last Sharknado: It's About Time, and
          The Test

At least there seems to be progress being made which is good news.

654 UHD
          798 HDX
          5 SD

Comment

It seems they are finally doing some UHD upgrades of those 4k movies transferred from FandangoNow. I originally had 25 movies that were not UHD on Vudu:

There are now only 16 not upgraded yet as follows:

Catch Hell,
            Clara,
            Druid Peak,
            Earth to Echo,
            Lady of Guadalupe,
            Mirror Mirror,
            R.I.P.D.,
            Sharknado,
            The Giver,
            The Test

There are two titles that I'm not able to watch at all in any resolution:

The Last Sharknado: It's About Time, and
            The Test

At least there seems to be progress being made which is good news.

654 UHD
            798 HDX
            5 SD
            Four more have been upgraded to UHD leaving only 12 now:

Catch Hell,
            Lady of Guadalupe,
            Mirror Mirror,
            R.I.P.D.,
            Sharknado,
            The Last Sharknado: It's About Time (Shark-O-Holic Cut),
            The Giver

I can't watch "The Last Sharkando: It's About Time" at all and I'm thinking it's because I bought "Shark-O-Holic Cut" which I don't believe Vudu currently has.

655 UHD
            800 HDX
            5 SD

Comment

These are my current issues from the merger:

A Charlie Brown Christmas (HDX) - "Failed to get playback information"
              Across the Universe (UHD) - missing HDR10 (and Dolby Atmos)
              Blazing Saddles (HDX) - wrong aspect ratio (1.78:1) and missing 5.1 audio
              Blow (SD) - missing 5.1 audio
              Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle (HDX) - missing 5.1 audio
              Conspiracy Theory (SD) - wrong aspect ratio and missing 5.1 audio
              Crooked Arrows (HDX) - screwed up audio (reported in 2019 and ignored)
              Demolition Man (SD) - wrong aspect ratio and missing 5.1 audio
              Ferngully: The Last Rainforest (SD) - missing 5.1 audio
              Forbidden Planet (HDX) - missing 5.1 audio
              Fright Night (1985) (HDX) - missing 5.1 audio
              Innerspace (HDX) - missing 5.1 audio (better transfer also exists)
              Jumper (HDX) - missing 5.1 audio
              Lethal Weapon (HDX) - missing 5.1 audio
              Master and Commander (HDX) - missing 5.1 audio
              Matchstick Men (SD) - wrong aspect ratio and missing 5.1 audio
              Megamind (HDX) - missing 5.1/7.1 audio
              Poltergeist (1982) (HDX) - missing 5.1 audio
              Singin' in the Rain (HDX) - missing 5.1 audio
              The Legend of Zorro (UHD) - missing Dolby Atmos
              The Lost Boys (HDX) - missing 5.1 audio
              The Producers (2005) (SD) - missing 5.1 audio
              The Professional: Extended Cut (UHD) - Vudu indicates I own the UHD version, but only plays in HDX
              Twilight Zone: The Movie (HDX) - missing 5.1 audio
              Underworld (Theatrical) (UHD) - wrong aspect ratio on HDX/SD (I recently upgraded to UHD)

Now, before Vudu comes in and says "but that is what the studios sent to us," here is what Sony Pictures Home Entertainment customer service recently told me regarding a complaint I sent to them of Movies Anywhere and their retail partners not being consistent in what is provided on a title by title basis (for example, a title is missing HDR on one service but not on others):

"Thank you for contacting Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.

We have forwarded your concern and unfortunately, as a studio we cannot control what versions of our titles digital platforms offer to their consumers. Our content gets sent over to the retailers and they choose what version of the movie that platform will carry.

We apologize for any inconvenience we have caused."

I am getting really frustrated with how no one (studios, retailers, etc.) will take ownership of these issues, and is really putting me off from making further digital purchases.

Comment

Four more have been upgraded to UHD leaving only 12 now:

Catch Hell,
                Lady of Guadalupe,
                Mirror Mirror,
                R.I.P.D.,
                Sharknado,
                The Last Sharknado: It's About Time (Shark-O-Holic Cut),
                The Giver

I can't watch "The Last Sharkando: It's About Time" at all and I'm thinking it's because I bought "Shark-O-Holic Cut" which I don't believe Vudu currently has.

655 UHD
                800 HDX
                5 SD
                Down to only six titles left that have not been upgraded:

Lady of Guadalupe,
                Mirror Mirror,
                R.I.P.D.,
                The Giver

Keep up the great progress Vudu!

Comment

And yet nothing on my ticket has been resolved....

Comment

I spoke with them today. My ticket was closed (unbeknownst to me) because they were never able to find my account. They went up the chain today and said there's nothing they can do. I've lost my movies that were exclusive to FandangoNow.

Super awesome. You guys really did an amazing job with this rollout.

Comment

I have a title imported from the merger which Fandango had in HD and confirmed it played HD.. My account shows I purchased HDX however Vudu only ever plays SD.
                      The Beniker Gang

Comment

Originally posted by Blurayfan View Post
                        I have a title imported from the merger which Fandango had in HD and confirmed it played HD.. My account shows I purchased HDX however Vudu only ever plays SD.
                        The Beniker Gang
                        I've notified the content team about this. I'll respond once I hear back from them.

UPDATE: HDX encode should be available later today.

Comment

FelipeF It has been nearly a year since the library merger, and many of us are still waiting for our tickets to be resolved. Calls to customer service are useless.

Comment

FelipeF Bumping this thread again, as I am still waiting for the last remaining titles to get fixed.

Comment

Working...
                            X