Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Roku Vudu App Interface Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alan Smithee View Post
    Movie trailers are still only in standard def also, not that it matters much since the first few seconds are covered up by the interface. When I first had access to Vudu I watched a lot of trailers, but they’re in HD on other services now. If I were a designer I would’ve done something about that before changing the interface.
    I've even noticed that many of the UHD movies on iTunes also have the trailers in UHD.

715 UHD
    813 HDX
    5 SD

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Smithee View Post
      Movie trailers are still only in standard def also, not that it matters much since the first few seconds are covered up by the interface. When I first had access to Vudu I watched a lot of trailers, but they’re in HD on other services now. If I were a designer I would’ve done something about that before changing the interface.
      That's the problem here in a nutshell. The programmers or app designers, whatever you want to call them, seem to lack basic common sense. They don't seem to have an understanding of what customers expect and can't anticipate these problems they create when coming up with new designs. It doesn't even look like they sit down and test the viewing experience among themselves (let alone beta test it with customers) before they force out an update. Had they done that they would have quickly realized that TV show trailers are now hidden because you can no longer access the episodes details page, which is not an improvement. And they also would have realized that now beginning and resuming playback on all videos results in the video being dimmed and covered by the player control overlay and information for 5 seconds before they time out, with no ability to dismiss! Not only is this not an improvement it's utter nonsense!

This speaks of the people in charge having no common sense and being completely disconnected from reality when it comes what they think basic function for the user should be. Vudu has still yet to address these issues, they haven't fixed the app, let us know they are looking into fixing the app, or offered a way to rollback to the previous version until this is fixed. They are also ignoring my support tickets on these matters, which never happened in the past. I always got a response from Vudu support in 2 days or less whenever I had a question or complaint. Well it's now been a full week since the first support ticket I created to send in with my initial complaints over this new app. It's been at least 3 days for my second complaint ticket and neither have gotten a response.

It's obvious now that when Fandango took over the company they quickly decided to do away with prompt customer support and have instead embraced the policy of pretending they don't hear us. This way they don't have to answer for their mistakes, like why this horrible app was forced on us with all of it's issues. This is a complete disaster, I wish Vudu had never been sold to Fandango, none of these issues would be happening right if that hadn't occurred. Just roll the app back to what it was before, and respond to the complaints!

Comment

Sad since originally Vudu was geared to the enthusiasts. Ultraviolet and Movies Anywhere were good safeguards though for times when one service becomes unusable, you have a chance to watch elsewhere instead.

Comment

I am definitely not a fan. This new format is clunky and slow. If they would have added the ability to reset watched episodes on tv shows I might like it a tiny bit but they did not. This has started me building my own movie server with a nas. Not sure who's brilliant idea this was but it is a huge fail in my humble opinion. My love for Vudu has left the building and is replaced with frustration. I sure hope the powers that be take notice and listen to the concerns we have voiced and make things better.

Comment

This was the most stable UHD app on my Roku and is now actually worse than Netflix, which always jacked my router somehow. I don't know what Vudu has done to cause this problem, so I can't fix it. AppleTV doesn't seem to be a problem either. Netflix and now Vudu seem to consume some resource on my Netgear R7000 and when it runs out, it stops playing the title. Last night it happened 4 times trying to watch Star Trek around midnight to 2 am and a router reboot seems to fix it. Again, there's no info from Vudu, so I have no idea what has changed hence I can't fix it.

Why did Vudu have to do this? WTH?!?!?!?! It functioned perfectly fine with a reasonable interface and now it's gone to hell and have to relearn how to use it. It's clunky.

Another issue, why does the number of items in "Continue watching" constantly change?

Another issue, It's cumbersome now to get to my "continue watching as well as my list of movies and TV". Was the 5000+ we spent on movies in the last 2 years no enough and you think that redesigning the app will make me buy more?

Don't try and go down the road of "it's your router". Duh! I already know that the router isn't quite handling what you're doing, but if a Netgear R7000 isn't handling it, then maybe you're expecting too much out of the home routher? We're not going to buy some Cisco Stack costing more than $500 to be able to run your and Netflix's apps. At least Netflix only blows it up when you jump around a lot, but this new crappy Vudu app fails after a router and roku reboot, selecting and playing a movie with no navigation after starting the movie.

What have you changed? Why did you change it? What am I supposed to do with my router to accommodate your, now crappy, app?

Your app used to be the most stable one I had with the only complaint being the changing list of "continue watching'. Now, it's nigh unusuable.

Comment

I would add to the majority. Don't fix it if it ain't broke. The new app is garbage. I've spent thousands in the Vudu app, and I'm not inclined to spend more after this disaster. I signed up to the forum just to make this post.

Comment

The real deal breaker for me is the fact that when you click on a movie it no longer states "Watch again" if you've watched it before. I have well over 4100 movies on Vudu. Do you think I can actually remember everyone that I've watched or not watched? That "Watch again" is on the computer, but now it's missing on the new Roku Vudu app. Yes, it was there before. Please get that fixed and please get back to the old interface.

Comment

I just want to add a +1 to the discussion.

I'd prefer more items per screen, faster paging when trying to find items in my own list, a UX that makes it more clear what I'm sorting on and how to change that, and less navigation to get to my items.

I don't mind refresh, but I wish it had retained what was good about the old UX.

Comment

I noticed the other day that the Roku app does now indicate when you have previously watched a movie with "watch again" as it did in the previous version of the app and as it always has on the PC. One step in the right direction.

Comment

Working...
                    X