Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Halloween 6 UHD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halloween 6 UHD

The Producer's Cut of Halloween 6 just received it's UHD transfer, but Vudu added an entirely NEW listing for this UHD, instead of updating the current listing we all already have in our collection! FelipeF please have someone fix this. It's annoying to have to have multiple titles/cuts in our libraries just to have an UHD transfer.

iTunes and Google both have this correct. Please fix.

Current listing: 694317

New listing: 2163361

I see two listings on iTunes as well as Google Play as well. Same as how Vudu has it.

5 UHD
    822 HDX
    5 SD

Comment

Originally posted by lujan View Post
      I see two listings on iTunes as well as Google Play as well. Same as how Vudu has it.

5 UHD
      822 HDX
      5 SD
      No. iTunes and Google have both unrated and rated. Vudu has 1 rated and 2 unrated.

Comment

The UHD transfer of Halloween 6 was done by Shout Factory, and they may not want their transfer merged with the Anchor Bay transfer, think it was Anchor Bay who did the 1080 transfer, pretty sure. I'm surprised Vudu has it at all, Shout Factory usually doesn't allow their transfers to be on digital providers, I think they have a deal with Amazon however. Night Of The Comet is one of their transfers I'd love to see on Vudu, but so far no such luck...

Comment

Originally posted by Devianza View Post
          The UHD transfer of Halloween 6 was done by Shout Factory, and they may not want their transfer merged with the Anchor Bay transfer, think it was Anchor Bay who did the 1080 transfer, pretty sure. I'm surprised Vudu has it at all, Shout Factory usually doesn't allow their transfers to be on digital providers, I think they have a deal with Amazon however. Night Of The Comet is one of their transfers I'd love to see on Vudu, but so far no such luck...
          That wouldn't make sense, since all other streamers replaced their HD with this UHD transfer months ago, and from what I see, they are all done by Miramax/Paramount. Shout seems to only have disctrub rights for disc when it comes to UHD.

Comment

What other streamers? Amazon doesn't have the UHD, they still have HDX only, and Movies Anywhere doesn't seem to have it listed at all.

Comment

What other streamers? Amazon doesn't have the UHD, they still have HDX only, and Movies Anywhere doesn't seem to have it listed at all.
              iTunes, Google. Movies Anywhere won't list it anyways, as Halloween titles are not MA, except the three newer ones, and second and third films. The rest are Lionsgate/Miramax then Paramount/Miramax.

This issue is the same thing they did with Willy Wonka (except Wonka was MA), just creating two entries for no reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Wasteland View Post

This issue is the same thing they did with Willy Wonka (except Wonka was MA), just creating two entries for no reason.
                I'm sure its some odd licensing issue, and not ever streaming company gets the same licensing deal as the other. I mean Wolfen, Amazon got the HD transfer that Warner did but Vudu never did, not sure if Vudu even tried to do so however, wish they would because the HD transfer of Wolfen looks great, I mean even Starz got the HD transfer.

Comment

I'm sure its some odd licensing issue, and not ever streaming company gets the same licensing deal as the other. I mean Wolfen, Amazon got the HD transfer that Warner did but Vudu never did, not sure if Vudu even tried to do so however, wish they would because the HD transfer of Wolfen looks great, I mean even Starz got the HD transfer.
                  Not a licensing issue, otherwise they wouldn't have it at all. They simply made an entirely new listing, which they have done with multiple movies. Sometimes they fix them, sometimes they don't. The new listing doesn't even have the correct artwork. I, along with others do like multiple listings in our collection of the same films. Their content department just needs to use their brains.

Comment

FelipeF can someone look into this? 694317 should have been made UHD, instead a new listing was made, 2163361 with the UHD transfer. Same studio (Paramount is releasing most of Miramax titles), and Vudu is the only one who has made an extra ID for the UHD. People don't like having to have two of the same movie in their libraries. Please have someone at Vudu correct this.

Comment

FelipeF can you have someone check on this? Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers (694317) should have been made UHD, but instead a new listing for the UHD was added (2163361). Every other provider has one listing, not two. Both are the same cuts, by the same studio. Can someone check on getting 694317 updated with the UHD transfer, so people won't be forced to buy and have two different listings in their libraries? I want the UHD, but refuse to add another duplicate title for no reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Wasteland View Post
                        FelipeF can you have someone check on this? Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers (694317) should have been made UHD, but instead a new listing for the UHD was added (2163361). Every other provider has one listing, not two. Both are the same cuts, by the same studio. Can someone check on getting 694317 updated with the UHD transfer, so people won't be forced to buy and have two different listings in their libraries? I want the UHD, but refuse to add another duplicate title for no reason.
                        Can't you just purchase the new UHD listing and then call support to have the old HDX listing deleted from your library? Or is it one of those cases where it can't be deleted because it had originally imported via UV or something similar?

Comment

Originally posted by sankoni View Post

Can't you just purchase the new UHD listing and then call support to have the old HDX listing deleted from your library? Or is it one of those cases where it can't be deleted because it had originally imported via UV or something similar?
                          I could, but no. They don't even have the correct artwork for the newly added listing. Plus the last time I was on the phone with support, I waited an hour before I hung up. They have like 5 people working in that office space right now, apparently, and I guess they all take smoke breaks at the same time. That or HUNDREDS of customers got issues!

PLUS, why should I be forced to pay for two of the same title? You think Vudu gonna refund me for that one being removed? LOL

Comment

FelipeF any news on getting UHD added for 694317? People really don't need 3 of the same title in their library just get the best quality. The second listing should have never been added.

Comment

Working...
                            X