Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Hannie Caulder (VUDU 81932) - HD purchases downgraded to SD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hannie Caulder (VUDU 81932) - HD purchases downgraded to SD

People who bought Hannie Caulder in HD - and it used to be in HD at VUDU - had the title downgraded to SD.

It is HD at all other providers, and used to be HD at VUDU. FelipeF - can you ask what happened to this title and have them fix the missing HD issue?

Please fix this.

Comment

This happened to me as well. Please fix this.

Comment

FelipeF, help us out bro. Thanks!

Comment

Same thing happened to me

Comment

Please remedy this issue. My HD purchase of Hannie Caulder has been removed from my library. I’m also not able to view this title in standard definition. It would seem that downgrading formats would never be the goal for any provider.

Comment

My version of Hannie Caulder on Vudu has always been in SD, never available for me to purchase in HD. I purchase it in HD on amazon back in 2021, and recently as March 4th on Apple tv in HD.

I bought it for $4.99 on 1/19/2019 on vudu in SD.

Comment

We are already working on this title and are reaching out to the studio if we can acquire the HDX encode.

Comment

Originally posted by FelipeF View Post
                  We are already working on this title and are reaching out to the studio if we can acquire the HDX encode.
                  That's great news, but it still doesn't explain why those of us that D2D'd this back in January in HDX quality are now showing in our accounts that we no longer have the ability to view the movie - even in the currently available SD quality. That's not a good sign, and people understandably are concerned about the status of their previously purchased viewing rights.

I truly hope that we don't end up having to fight like a dog (A.K.A. hassle repeatedly with customer service) to get our purchasing rights reinstated in the future if and when the HD encode has been obtained.

This issue requires additional clarity about why it seems as if you've deleted evidence of customers' prior purchase of this movie from their accounts, which is the situation directly facing myself and many others here. We also deserve to know whether those purchasing rights will return once the HD encode has (hopefully) been acquired. It should be common courtesy (and common sense) to let customers know about these kinds of things when a purchased film has been downgraded or removed from their accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by lou_493@yahoo.com View Post

That's great news, but it still doesn't explain why those of us that D2D'd this back in January in HDX quality are now showing in our accounts that we no longer have the ability to view the movie - even in the currently available SD quality. That's not a good sign, and people understandably are concerned about the status of their previously purchased viewing rights.

I truly hope that we don't end up having to fight like a dog (A.K.A. hassle repeatedly with customer service) to get our purchasing rights reinstated in the future if and when the HD encode has been obtained.

This issue requires additional clarity about why it seems as if you've deleted evidence of customers' prior purchase of this movie from their accounts, which is the situation directly facing myself and many others here. We also deserve to know whether those purchasing rights will return once the HD encode has (hopefully) been acquired. It should be common courtesy (and common sense) to let customers know about these kinds of things when a purchased film has been downgraded or removed from their accounts.
                    We do not delete any "evidence" of any customers prior purchases made on their accounts. Everything is kept on record, including all deletions and refunds. Now there might have been an error in listing an HDX encode when we only have SD. This might be the case for this movie so there might not be an HDX stream available for us. We are waiting on hearing back from the studio on the HDX availability.

Comment

Any update on this issue? It's been 1 month since this thread was started, and still this movie does not show up in my library, neither in SD or HDX, which is what I purchased. If VUDU is not able to fix this issue for whatever reason, what is the possibility of a refund or credit?

Comment

Originally posted by kurinko View Post
                        Any update on this issue? It's been 1 month since this thread was started, and still this movie does not show up in my library, neither in SD or HDX, which is what I purchased. If VUDU is not able to fix this issue for whatever reason, what is the possibility of a refund or credit?
                        This should have been handled already. It's insane how long it takes them to get a seemingly small issue like this resolved. Another example is The Blob issue, in which the the 1950's version played the 1988 version in HDX. It took several months for them to finally get the HDX rights from Criterion and switch the film over to the correct version.

I somehow doubt anyone on VUDU's end is beating down doors to get this straightened out. I always wonder if a single email is sent to the studio that then goes ignored, thus making these issues fester for an ungodly amount of time. If an email doesn't fix something for me, I call the company up to resolve the issue instead. Vudu should be doing the same. The studio should want to get this fixed, and I can't understand why they'd be holding back HDX rights. This is yet another ridiculously drawn out studio situation that has no business taking so long to be resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by lou_493@yahoo.com View Post

This should have been handled already. It's insane how long it takes them to get a seemingly small issue like this resolved. Another example is The Blob issue, in which the the 1950's version played the 1988 version in HDX. It took several months for them to finally get the HDX rights from Criterion and switch the film over to the correct version.

I somehow doubt anyone on VUDU's end is beating down doors to get this straightened out. I always wonder if a single email is sent to the studio that then goes ignored, thus making these issues fester for an ungodly amount of time. If an email doesn't fix something for me, I call the company up to resolve the issue instead. Vudu should be doing the same. The studio should want to get this fixed, and I can't understand why they'd be holding back HDX rights. This is yet another ridiculously drawn out studio situation that has no business taking so long to be resolved.
                          Unfortunately, when it comes to PVOD streaming, it seems that no one wants to take ownership of any issues that a consumer may bring up. All too frequently, when I contact a retailer like Vudu to report an issue, the knee-jerk response is "That is what the studio sent to us, and unfortunately there is nothing else we can do." When contacting the studio, their knee-jerk response is typically "We have no control over how our content is presented by a retailer."

To make matters worse, I have been trying to get Vudu to retrieve both "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle" and "Tropic Thunder: Director's Cut" from their respective studios with the correct aspect ratios. Vudu has both films in a cropped 1.78:1 when they should be in a letterboxed 2.39:1 aspect ratio. The response I received today from Vudu customer service blamed my device for this issue:

"Please note that the aspect ratio of a movie can only be fixed or adjusted on your device (tv/ computer/phone). From our side, we are unable to assist with that."

That was a few hours ago, and I am trying to come up with a polite response, but failing miserably.

Comment

Any chance that someone at VUDU support could chime in with an update???? Again, I D2D this in January 2023 and obtained HDX rights. Instead of having the quality downgraded in my account so that I could AT LEAST view the film in the SD quality that you currently have, I now no longer have the ability to view the film at all. No statement about purchasing rights even appears on the film's VUDU page, which makes it APPEAR as if rights have been taken away. Whether they actually have or not is inconsequential. When VUDU removes the film ownership rights notification from a movie's page that creates a perception that rights HAVE been taken away, even if that's not the case. It's not a smart move. It serves to make customers think that rights have been taken away, and undermines consumer confidence in purchasing films from VUDU. Creating a fear that customer purchases can be suddenly taken away (even if that's not the case) is a lame-brain move. You should NEVER remove a customer's film rights notification sentence from a film's page after they've made a purchase.

The fact that you've not even commented about this situation here in over a month says a lot as well. You create this situation by removing our ability to watch the film at all, by removing all traces of our purchasing rights from the film's VUDU page, and then stay mum about it for weeks on end. Don't tell me you value your customers, because companies that actually do don't pull this schtick. That's three mishandlings of one situation. Kudos to you...

Comment

FYI,

I started a support ticket with VUDU today after talking to a CS rep on the phone for half an hour about this. I still had the MD2D receipt from January 7th in my email, so I screenshot that and sent it. I also sent a screenshot of my purchase history, where it shows on January 7th that I MD2D a movie for $2.15, but there is a big greyed-out rectangle where the movie image should be AND the movie title no longer shows up. The only information that appears next to that transaction is 1/07/2023, Purchased, and $2.15.

If that's not evidence that VUDU no longer has any idea that we purchased HD rights to this film, I don't know what is. For Pete's sake, the name AND picture of the movie don't even appear in the record that traces the purchase of the film. I would call it a massive longshot that anyone affected by this still has rights to the movie in VUDU's system or that VUDU is going to reinstall them without a support ticket moving forward. This is ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                              X