Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Google Play UHD launches with 2x Vudu title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Play UHD launches with 2x Vudu title

Well it appears that Google Play has now launched their new UHD content.

They launched with 125 titles which is nearly twice the 75 titles Vudu has after several months since Vudu's own launch. That 75 titles also includes duplicate titles of different cuts (IE Batman Vs Super & Suicide Squad).

Google is also offer a free UHD title if you have one of their new 4k Chromecast.

Of course we all know that Google Play isn't UV, and while it supports Disney DMA, Disney doesn't do UHD.

The take away here is that Google is offering twice the UHD content of Vudu and even offering a few title to push people into their ecosystem.

Vudu really needs to push back on studios to allow them to add more UHD content. Sony already offers exclusive UHD content on their own service, we can't have Google doing it as well. Vudu needs to greatly expand UHD content. And perhaps offer more incentives (IE UHD Disc + Digital) to keep / grow market share.

Just my 2c.

Re: Google Play UHD launches with 2x Vudu title

Can you provide us an address to the list that you mention of UHD titles?

27 UHD
    772 HDX
    2 SD

Comment

Originally posted by lujan View Post
      Can you provide us an address to the list that you mention of UHD titles?

27 UHD
      772 HDX
      2 SD
      There isn't a "list" exactly. You have to go to tje Google Play store and search for them. I can't find a filter for UHD yet either. You may have to be viewing the Play store through a Chromecase Ultra to see the titles, don't know.

Here's the press release:
      "4K Ultra HD - Starting today, Google Play Movies now offers more than 125 movies in 4K resolution, using VP9, so that you can enjoy them in the highest quality. Starting in the U.S. and Canada, you can purchase 4K movies on your Android device or on the web and stream them on your Chromecast Ultra, your Sony Bravia Android TV, or your Xiaomi Mi Box 3. And for anyone who buys a new Chromecast Ultra, your first 4K movie is on us! Choose from select titles, including Ghostbusters and Captain Phillips.*"

https://blog.google/products/google-...n-google-play/

Comment

It would be amazing if VUDU could step up there 4k game. please start offering more content from other studios.

Comment

Does Google offer HDR?

Comment

Originally posted by jeremymc7 View Post
            There isn't a "list" exactly. You have to go to tje Google Play store and search for them. I can't find a filter for UHD yet either. You may have to be viewing the Play store through a Chromecase Ultra to see the titles, don't know.
            List of titles here...

https://play.google.com/store/movies...d_movies?hl=en

Originally posted by SinGA View Post
            Does Google offer HDR?
            No, which you'll notice isn't mentioned by the "Vudu needs to step up it's game" crowd

Comment

Originally posted by Cranston37 View Post
              List of titles here...

https://play.google.com/store/movies...d_movies?hl=en

No, which you'll notice isn't mentioned by the "Vudu needs to step up it's game" crowd
              Thanks for the link! I never got any notice about a free UHD title if you have the Chromecast. Also, I don't count 125 titles but around 99 which is still more than Vudu but they're all non-HDR.

27 UHD
              772 HDX
              2 SD

Comment

77 UHD titles on Vudu now.

Looks like we may start getting more Lionsgate/Summit movies available in UHD.

Comment

Originally posted by dunnvudu View Post
                  77 UHD titles on Vudu now.

Looks like we may start getting more Lionsgate/Summit movies available in UHD.
                  What makes you say that? I don't see any Lionsgate/Summit movies available here. I'd love for them to get The Hunger games movies though.

Comment

Originally posted by tkdkid717 View Post
                    What makes you say that? I don't see any Lionsgate/Summit movies available here. I'd love for them to get The Hunger games movies though.
                    Divergent is a Lionsgate/Summit title.

http://www.vudu.com/movies/#!content/512075/Divergent

Comment

Divergent is a Lionsgate/Summit title.

http://www.vudu.com/movies/#!content/512075/Divergent
                      Perhaps I'm kissing something. I am on my phone after all, but I only see HDX and SD listed for the Divergent films.

Comment

Perhaps I'm kissing something. I am on my phone after all, but I only see HDX and SD listed for the Divergent films.
                        Only Divergent is UHD, not the other 2. Just watched it last night on my LG OLED tv. The quality was quite good.

Also, you sound quite doubtful. Don't know why I would make it up.

Comment

Only Divergent is UHD, not the other 2. Just watched it last night on my LG OLED tv. The quality was quite good.

Also, you sound quite doubtful. Don't know why I would make it up.
                          Haha, I'm not tying to accuse you of anything. Im on my computer now and it still only shows HDX for Divergent. How strange. Im also looking on my Roku 4. It shows the UHD box greyed out on top and doesn't give me an option to purchase it. Maybe its only available on VUDU HDR enabled devices since you're watching on an LG OLED? Im watching through a Roku 4 Ultra through an HDR enabled Sony 4K TV.

Comment

Haha, I'm not tying to accuse you of anything. Im on my computer now and it still only shows HDX for Divergent. How strange. Im also looking on my Roku 4. It shows the UHD box greyed out on top and doesn't give me an option to purchase it. Maybe its only available on VUDU HDR enabled devices since you're watching on an LG OLED? Im watching through a Roku 4 Ultra through an HDR enabled Sony 4K TV.
                            Did you redeem your 4K copy of Flixster? Maybe it's showing up on my because it's seeing the UHD version in my UV library. The movie went to the front of my library list on Vudu yesterday.

Comment

Did you redeem your 4K copy of Flixster? Maybe it's showing up on my because it's seeing the UHD version in my UV library. The movie went to the front of my library list on Vudu yesterday.
                              I did not. I haven't bought the 4k Divergent disk. I only have the HDX version from the redemption of the code that came with the original blu Ray when it first came out. Perhaps it's porting over but not available to purchase through VUDU yet? Do you think this signifies the availability of the rest of lionsgate's catalogue becoming available in the imminent future??

Comment

Working...
                              X