Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Why the MGM studio double standard between VUDU and Google Play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why the MGM studio double standard between VUDU and Google Play?

The major reason I subscribe to VUDU is that I am able to share my movies among family members who live in different cities and states through UV.

The major reason I subscribe to Google Play is that I am to share my (mainly Disney) movies among family members who live in different cities and states.

Yesterday I was faced with the decision of whether to buy The Magnificent Seven (2016) on VUDU or Google Play. The fact that this title is an MGM movie is likely the reason why it is not UV - at least at the present time.

So I purchased the movie on Google Play because it allowed family sharing while VUDU did not. So my take away from this is that UV is being treated differently from Google Play and consequently VUDU customers.

Re: Why the MGM studio double standard between VUDU and Google Play?

Both versions of the Magnificent Seven (1960 & 2016) should be UV enabled, as they are on other provider's sites. Vudu just hasn't gotten there yet for some reason. There have been a number of titles lately that Vudu has been slow to give UV rights to.

That being said, it would be nice if accounts linked through Vudu could also access non-UV enabled content like Google Play's family sharing option.

Comment

It will get it's UV status - it just takes awhile sometimes...

Comment

I will only buy DMA titles on GP, Amazon or iTunes. Everything else is bought through Vudu for the simple fact of sharing all that is UV. None of the other streamers being offering titles UV is a big downside.

Comment

Originally posted by moelarrycurly View Post
          The major reason I subscribe to VUDU is that I am able to share my movies among family members who live in different cities and states through UV.

The major reason I subscribe to Google Play is that I am to share my (mainly Disney) movies among family members who live in different cities and states.

Yesterday I was faced with the decision of whether to buy The Magnificent Seven (2016) on VUDU or Google Play. The fact that this title is an MGM movie is likely the reason why it is not UV - at least at the present time.

So I purchased the movie on Google Play because it allowed family sharing while VUDU did not. So my take away from this is that UV is being treated differently from Google Play and consequently VUDU customers.
          The Magnificent Seven is indeed UV. The title hasn't released on disc yet. I'm sure it will be UV on as we get closer to the Dec 20th street date.

Comment

Well, the 2016 version slip cover does say it includes digital, so it will most likely be UV on release day.

Comment

Originally posted by moelarrycurly View Post
              So my take away from this is that UV is being treated differently from Google Play and consequently VUDU customers.
              Google Play does not "treat UV differently". Google does not participate with Ultraviolet AT ALL. The ONLY titles I ever buy through GP (or Amazon) are DMA titles, because they DO port through to Vudu.

Originally posted by Wasteland View Post
              Well, the 2016 version slip cover does say it includes digital, so it will most likely be UV on release day.
              Indeed. It says "Ultraviolet HD" on the Mag 7 redemption slip, but I am unable to redeem it yet. MyUV recognizes it, but not Vudu... What is the holdup, Vudu?

Comment

Originally posted by mrewster View Post
                Indeed. It says "Ultraviolet HD" on the Mag 7 redemption slip, but I am unable to redeem it yet. MyUV recognizes it, but not Vudu... What is the holdup, Vudu?
                It's not always a good idea to redeem UV ahead of street even if shows Vudu. I can think of a number of movies where I redeemed early, be it at the studio page or video, where it wouldn't accept, game be a lower quality version, gave me a different version. All of which required going to studio and / or Vudu customer service.

For something like M7, the best thing would be to buy the D+D version on Vudu. You get immediate viewing of the movie, and they send you a sealed disc later after street.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremymc7 View Post
                  It's not always a good idea to redeem UV ahead of street even if shows Vudu. I can think of a number of movies where I redeemed early, be it at the studio page or video, where it wouldn't accept, game be a lower quality version, gave me a different version. All of which required going to studio and / or Vudu customer service.

For something like M7, the best thing would be to buy the D+D version on Vudu. You get immediate viewing of the movie, and they send you a sealed disc later after street.
                  I already own the Blu with UV redemption. Trust me, I have no intention of redeeming anywhere but Vudu, but as of now I can't do that.

Code comes back as INVALID here:

https://my.vudu.com/redeem.html#sele..._/_/_/false/_/

Comment

I already own the Blu with UV redemption. Trust me, I have no intention of redeeming anywhere but Vudu, but as of now I can't do that.

Code comes back as INVALID here:

https://my.vudu.com/redeem.html#sele..._/_/_/false/_/

Then you got your disc before it was supposed to be released. It's not uncommon for codes to as invalid before street date. Again not always a good idea to redeem before street. I've had codes become inactivated when redeeming before street date. The studios had to give me a code code and specially told me not to redeem the new code until street date or it could happen again.

I also think that page you linked is for Vudu specific codes and not for the UV codes, but not sure. For sure the M7 page doesn't show the UV redemption link button logo or the secondary UV enabled logo.

Comment

Then you got your disc before it was supposed to be released. It's not uncommon for codes to as invalid before street date. Again not always a good idea to redeem before street. I've had codes become inactivated when redeeming before street date. The studios had to give me a code code and specially told me not to redeem the new code until street date or it could happen again.

I also think that page you linked is for Vudu specific codes and not for the UV codes, but not sure. For sure the M7 page doesn't show the UV redemption link button logo or the secondary UV enabled logo.
                      My initial reply to this thread was only to inform the OP of his misunderstanding of Google's UV status, and to assure everyone that Magnificent Seven is for sure UV (And to try to get Vudu to give us a working redeem link). I'm well aware of & agree with all your points made, this isn't my first time around the block.

Comment

My initial reply to this thread was only to inform the OP of his misunderstanding of Google's UV status, and to assure everyone that Magnificent Seven is for sure UV (And to try to get Vudu to give us a working redeem link). I'm well aware of & agree with all your points made, this isn't my first time around the block.

Comment

Aaaaaaand Mag 7 is now UV enabled

Comment

Some misunderstood my original complaint - if you read it again you will see I complaining about the STUDIO not UV. In fact it's in the title of this thread.

The decision to purchase the Mag 7 on Google Play was based on a request from my youngest daughter in lives far away. Since I have several people in Family Sharing it was worthwhile. I have over 600 titles on VUDU so I although I don't post in the forum very often I am not a newbie.

My preference of course is to always buy or redeem on VUDU. The video and audio quality is always superior due to its rock solid 9 Mbps 1080p streaming speed. Its superiority became quite obvious when I watched Mag 7 on Google Play and the picture looked soft - more like 720p. My router showed that it had streamed from Google Play at 4-5 Mbps.

I may buy Mag 7 on Blu-ray when available although I don't see myself watching it that often. Thanks for your comments.

Comment

Mag 7 code slip redeemed on Flixster via myuv, ported to all Vudu accounts HDX! Just an FYI.

Comment

Working...
                              X