Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Major pixelation issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major pixelation issues

We've been trying to watch 'The Empire Strikes Back' and the TV is constantly pixelating. The issue doesn't seem to be a connection issue and seems more like somethings going on with Vudu or the TV. The pixelation occurs in HDX and SD and doesn't seem to make a difference. It also seems to be limited to this movie only as my wife hasn't had any issues with any other movies today except this one...the one I wanted to watch. Go figure. lol

The TV is literally 2 weeks old.
    Samsung 6300 series UN50KU6300

Speed test results wireless:
    http://beta.speedtest.net/result/5922841029

Re: Major pixelation issues

Originally posted by ikrazy View Post
    We've been trying to watch 'The Empire Strikes Back' and the TV is constantly pixelating. The issue doesn't seem to be a connection issue and seems more like somethings going on with Vudu or the TV. The pixelation occurs in HDX and SD and doesn't seem to make a difference. It also seems to be limited to this movie only as my wife hasn't had any issues with any other movies today except this one...the one I wanted to watch. Go figure. lol

The TV is literally 2 weeks old.
    Samsung 6300 series UN50KU6300

Speed test results wireless:
    http://beta.speedtest.net/result/5922841029
    Hello Jkrazy,

Can you tell me the time stamps you are seeing the pixelation on If possible can you send me a short video of the pixelation you are observing.

Thanks
    Tam

Comment

It's doing the same thing in 'The Return of the Jedi.' It gets way worse and more consistent. It will pixelate every 10~15 seconds. I've never had this problem and it only does this with Vudu. Here is a very short clip from the very beginning of the movie.

https://youtu.be/Sj_DGCOA1S0

Comment

Originally posted by TamM View Post
        Hello Jkrazy,

Can you tell me the time stamps you are seeing the pixelation on If possible can you send me a short video of the pixelation you are observing.

Thanks
        Tam

Hi Tam, here is a small clip:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj_DGCOA1S0

We ended up having to stop watching the movie as it got so bad we couldn't finish the movie. It starting pixelating every 10~15 seconds. We stream 4k all the time with other apps and only have an issue with Vudu. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Vudu app and it helped nothing. This is the first time we've ever had an issue with Vudu and we've got 120 movies on Vudu in HDX. I'll use Vudu on my PC and there is no issue at all. The problem has got to be with the app or the TV. Considering the TV is brand new and has no issue with anything else, it has got to be the app.

Comment

Originally posted by ikrazy View Post
          Hi Tam, here is a small clip:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj_DGCOA1S0

We ended up having to stop watching the movie as it got so bad we couldn't finish the movie. It starting pixelating every 10~15 seconds. We stream 4k all the time with other apps and only have an issue with Vudu. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Vudu app and it helped nothing. This is the first time we've ever had an issue with Vudu and we've got 120 movies on Vudu in HDX. I'll use Vudu on my PC and there is no issue at all. The problem has got to be with the app or the TV. Considering the TV is brand new and has no issue with anything else, it has got to be the app.
          I tried this on 3 other players (PS4, Roku, web) and didn't see the issue. So it appears to be a problem with this specific TV. We will report it to Samsung so they can investigate.

Comment

Just to give another data point for this, I have the same TV, well, I have the smaller 40 inch version instead of 50, model UN40KU6300F. I assume since they are the same brand and model just different sizes they should use the same software. I have my TV connected hardwired to my router instead of wireless like the OP. I watched the same opening crawl screen that was posted without incident. I have seen no pixelation of the movie. Hope this helps in the search for the cause of the issue, and it's solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry8169 View Post
              Just to give another data point for this, I have the same TV, well, I have the smaller 40 inch version instead of 50, model UN40KU6300F. I assume since they are the same brand and model just different sizes they should use the same software. I have my TV connected hardwired to my router instead of wireless like the OP. I watched the same opening crawl screen that was posted without incident. I have seen no pixelation of the movie. Hope this helps in the search for the cause of the issue, and it's solution.
              Thanks for the input. While it's rare (and software engineers should be hesitant to blame hardware , it is always possible there is a hardware issue. The OP may want to consider that there may be a problem with the specific TV hardware and not any software since no one else has been able to reproduce it.

Comment

Today I watched Interstellar for the 20th time on my PC without issue. The issue seems to be completely limited to this TV. I connected my Xbox to the TV and we were able to finish Star Wars without interruption. The App has to be the issue. Running Vudu through the Xbox runs flawlessly but it's just a PITA as we got the smart tv so we didn't have to move the Xbox from the game room to our bedroom to watch movies. The pixelation issue occurs on every movie we watch via the Vudu app on this TV now. This did not happen at all for quite some time after getting the TV. I'm unsure if there was an incompatible update or something. No idea. Wireless, wired, makes no difference.

Here is a 5min video of the issue with time stamps near the end.

https://youtu.be/38jouGUDESg

Also, it appears that the app is mixing up the order of the frames or something. When it's really bad, if you pause it just in time, you can see frames from the next scene or the previous scene. I have no idea if this helps but if any other info is needed, please let me know.

Comment

Just curious, but, is this happening on everything you try to watch on VUDU on that TV, or just Empire Strikes Back? Also, which version of it do you have? I only ask as I know that sometimes there are several versions. The one I have is from the 6 movie collection that has episodes 1-6. Just trying to see what might be the difference in why I can stream it and you aren't able to on similar devices. I know you said you have the TV wirelessly connected and that other streaming services aren't having any issues, but is there any way you could run an Ethernet cable to it to test it hardwired? I know that can sometimes be very difficult depending on where in the house your TV is in relationship to the modem/router. Again, just trying to see what might be causing the issue since you and I have such similar equipment.

Here's a link to the collection I have for episodes 1-6.

http://www.vudu.com/movies/#!content...bonus-features

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry8169 View Post
                    Just curious, but, is this happening on everything you try to watch on VUDU on that TV, or just Empire Strikes Back? Also, which version of it do you have? I only ask as I know that sometimes there are several versions. The one I have is from the 6 movie collection that has episodes 1-6. Just trying to see what might be the difference in why I can stream it and you aren't able to on similar devices. I know you said you have the TV wirelessly connected and that other streaming services aren't having any issues, but is there any way you could run an Ethernet cable to it to test it hardwired? I know that can sometimes be very difficult depending on where in the house your TV is in relationship to the modem/router. Again, just trying to see what might be causing the issue since you and I have such similar equipment.

Here's a link to the collection I have for episodes 1-6.

http://www.vudu.com/movies/#!content...bonus-features
                    Yes, it's happening on all Vudu movies on this TV. Confirmed this today. I thought it was limited to Star Wars.

I'm not sure which version I have. I checked updates and it said it was up to date so I would assume it has the latest. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it twice now just to be sure.

I've got the Bundle Deal for Star Wars

On the last reply I made, if you watched the whole video, you can see half way through roughly, that I connected the ethernet cord.

I'm 100% certain that the issue is with the app and not the tv itself just through the process of elimination. Just after the scene I recorded, I connected my Xbox and finished the movie without a single issue. We also played Amazon Prime's Grand Tour for 4 episodes without a single issue. My wife has been off the past few days and watches Netflix to no end and she said it only acts up when she tries to use Vudu. She said it acted up the entire time she watched Burlesque and that she couldn't finish it as it was acting up so badly.

Comment

Did you guys know there has been a 2nd thread going about problems with the same Samsung set? In case it helps...

https://forum.vudu.com/showthread.ph...91#post1296191

Comment

Originally posted by Cranston37 View Post
                        Did you guys know there has been a 2nd thread going about problems with the same Samsung set? In case it helps...

https://forum.vudu.com/showthread.ph...91#post1296191

My app is working just pixelating. I'm not getting the 'Playback Error' message like they are. It does help reinforce the fact that the issue is compatibility and not a hardware issue.

Comment

Any kind of update? It's still doing it.

Comment

Working...
                          X