Announcement

Collapse

Vudu Forum Guidelines

Vudu Forum Guidelines

The Vudu Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Vudu experience. Here, Vudu customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Vudu and Vudu -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Vudu customers with questions and/or problems with their VUDU service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Vudu Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Vudu Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Vudu reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Vudu products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Vudu retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Vudu Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Vudu products and services should be directed to Vudu customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Vudu, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Vudu a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Vudu desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Vudu will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Vudu is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Vudu the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Vudu for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Vudu takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Movies Available In HD From Other Providers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by quackman View Post
    Great news! Also found these to be in HDX now:

    Lost in America
    Papillon (1973)
    The Big Red One
    Chisum
    Jeremiah Johnson
    dunnvudu I notice some of these are still in your SD list. Can you kindly update it? Thanks so much for tracking these! Much appreciated.

    Comment


      Originally posted by quackman View Post

      dunnvudu I notice some of these are still in your SD list. Can you kindly update it? Thanks so much for tracking these! Much appreciated.
      From those titles...

      Lost in America is still SD on Vudu to buy/rent
      Papillon (1973) is still SD on Vudu to buy/rent
      The Big Red One is HDX on Vudu
      Chisum is still SD on Vudu to buy/rent, though the quality at the bottom states HDX
      Jeremiah Johnson is still SD on Vudu to buy/rent


      You might be seeing higher quality if they recently imported in that higher quality, while Vudu may not offer them yet. Unless you D2D'd them with the higher quality? I know of one title that was sold for the longest time on the site in SD only, but you could D2D it in HDX.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Wasteland View Post

        From those titles...

        Lost in America is still SD on Vudu to buy/rent
        Papillon (1973) is still SD on Vudu to buy/rent
        The Big Red One is HDX on Vudu
        Chisum is still SD on Vudu to buy/rent, though the quality at the bottom states HDX
        Jeremiah Johnson is still SD on Vudu to buy/rent


        You might be seeing higher quality if they recently imported in that higher quality, while Vudu may not offer them yet. Unless you D2D'd them with the higher quality? I know of one title that was sold for the longest time on the site in SD only, but you could D2D it in HDX.
        I see. Yes, they have all imported to my account in HDX.

        Comment


          Can these actually be played at the higher resolution if VUDU doesn't offer the title at that resolution? Or is it that VUDU is helping us out with a title that was a higher resolution from UV so it passes to MA in the owned resolution?

          I haven't had a chance to validate any of my titles in this state yet.

          Comment


            Originally posted by B2Net View Post
            Can these actually be played at the higher resolution if VUDU doesn't offer the title at that resolution? Or is it that VUDU is helping us out with a title that was a higher resolution from UV so it passes to MA in the owned resolution?

            I haven't had a chance to validate any of my titles in this state yet.
            On my computer these are showing as SD only. So it looks like it is only for the pass-through to MA.

            Comment


              Originally posted by mrewster View Post
              King Of Kong: A Fistful Of Quarters has lost HDX Status.
              Two steps forward, one step back.
              Was this legitimately available in HDX for one day??? I don?t understand this stuff sometimes.

              Comment


                POLICE ACADEMY 4 is now showing up in my VUDU collection in HD.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Jeff*H View Post
                  POLICE ACADEMY 4 is now showing up in my VUDU collection in HD.
                  The movie might have imported into Vudu in HDX, but it is not available to purchase in HDX. Once it's available to purchase, I will remove it.

                  Thanks!

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by RTF2451 View Post

                    Was this legitimately available in HDX for one day??? I don?t understand this stuff sometimes.
                    The movie has reverted to only being available in SD. I have moved it back to that category.

                    Comment


                      So basically at this time, we will own a title on VUDU in a higher resolution than we can play on VUDU.

                      I suspect this was to fix the porting issue from UV through VUDU to MA. And as well to ensure VUDU shows the UV rights so if/when these titles are available in that resolution on VUDU, then we will have the proper resolution.

                      While it seems odd I do appreciate their efforts to ensure the resolution we owned in UV is maintained on VUDU for when UV is completely gone. (As of now the system is still in place even though we are unable to get to UV while VUDU and FN ensure we own as many of our titles as possible on each of their systems).

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by dunnvudu View Post

                        The movie might have imported into Vudu in HDX, but it is not available to purchase in HDX. Once it's available to purchase, I will remove it.

                        Thanks!
                        What?s really odd is when I stream POLICE ACADEMY 4 on VUDU, the picture-quality on-screen says it?s streaming in HDX. Are you saying that it?s actually streaming in SD?

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Jeff*H View Post

                          What?s really odd is when I stream POLICE ACADEMY 4 on VUDU, the picture-quality on-screen says it?s streaming in HDX. Are you saying that it?s actually streaming in SD?
                          Police Academy 4 does playback in HDX. It's not available to purchase in HDX. Log out of your Vudu account and check.

                          Comment


                            You might want to actually check the playback quality of some of these.
                            I was holding out converting "The Big Red One" and "The Lookout" via D2D until they were available in HDX, which they allegedly are now. I converted both to HDX, and they both indicated "You own HDX".
                            After the recent Vudu TV app update (tonight) I began playing The Big Red One in HDX. After about 10 minutes, it errored out & told me the player was not working.
                            I had to restart the movie in order to get it to play ("Resume" did not work).
                            Upon restart, "The Big Red One" will only play in SD quality. This is on my TV app and on PC.
                            The same goes for "The Lookout".
                            What the hell is going on? I payed for an HDX conversion, and STILL only can play SD.

                            edit: These titles were fixed.

                            Comment


                              Monte Walsh

                              HD at FandangoNow
                              ​https://www.fandangonow.com/details/movie/monte-walsh-2003/MMV69D2D78A1347BEFFCDB5DCA6298DD4CED

                              Comment


                                Marooned (1969) and Gun Fury (1953) are now available to purchase in HDX.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X