Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Rogue One - BROKEN Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rogue One - BROKEN Audio

Couldn't watch Rogue One tonight.

Audio keeps going on and off. Keep watching the input signal drop out on my Yamaha. Totally unwatchable.

Watch Vudu quite literally ever day and never seen this happen. Nearly 2000 movies in my account and this is the only one where this happens.

Watch other movies and trailers before and after. Only happens on Rogue One, consistently.

Roku Ultra
    Yamaha YSP-4100 Dolby 7.1 soundbar

Serious problem in need of immediate solution.

Re: Rogue One - BROKEN Audio

This seems to be an issue with DD+ 7.1, Roku and some soundbars, not a VUDU content/app issue.

https://forum.vudu.com/showthread.ph...65#post1300165

Is your setup using (Roku -> TV -> ARC to soundbar) or (Roku -> soundbar -> TV) ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
      This seems to be an issue with DD+ 7.1, Roku and some soundbars, not a VUDU content/app issue.

https://forum.vudu.com/showthread.ph...65#post1300165

Is your setup using (Roku -> TV -> ARC to soundbar) or (Roku -> soundbar -> TV) ?
      Hi Jake,

The Roku Ultra is connected to the Yamaha YSP-4100 7.1 sound bar via HDMI. The video then goes from the sound bar to the TV via HDMI.

I've watched other 7.1 material such as Pirates of the Caribbean: Stranger Tides many times on Vudu with my Roku's without prior issues.

Further help ?

Comment

Does Stranger Tides work now on your setup?

All we can do it report the issue to Roku, the Ultra seems to have problems with 7.1.

Also, as a test, can you reboot the Roku and try Rogue One? The problem may be intermittent...

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
          Does Stranger Tides work now on your setup?

All we can do it report the issue to Roku, the Ultra seems to have problems with 7.1.

Also, as a test, can you reboot the Roku and try Rogue One? The problem may be intermittent...
          Roku 4 works fine with 7.1, as you state Ultra doesn't work with 7.1, at least on Vudu. It works sometimes, then goes out, then comes back.

Comment

I' having the exact same issue with Rogue One and the audio cutting out after about 15 seconds or so.
            I have a Roku Ultra connected to my Samsung K850 soundbar - and the soundbar connected to my Samsung KU6290 4K tv. I have to connect the Roku Ultra this way in order to get ATMOS sound from supported VUDU titles - such as "Sing" - which happens to play back just fine by the way...
            I've tried several other VUDU movies and they all play fine. "Rogue One" is currently the only one I'm having issues with.
            Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Ryan

Comment

This is very interesting. I also couldn't stream Rogue One this weekend, although I thought for sure it was a problem I've been having with Digital Exclusives. However, now that I find this thread, I think there may be an issue.

Rogue One is 7.1
              The Force Awakens is 7.1

I can't play either of them on my Roku today. We have previously played Force Awakens many times, so something in some settings much have changed. Also, it seems this is an issue if the audio is in 7.1, even if we just have a 5.1 setup.

Anyone know any other titles in Vudu that are 7.1?

-Kevin

Comment

So I just tried Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides and again, on the Roku Ultra I get audio dropouts and buffering.

My setup is: Roku Ultra -> Yamaha Rx-V481 -> Samsung KS9000

All HDMI, all high speed cables. At this point there is definitely an issue on the Roku Ultra with Vudu and 7.1.

What's the best action at this point? Guess maybe I'll submit a ticket over on Roku forums as well.

EDIT: I submitted this post over at Roku:
                https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=100791

Jake can you please advise on best path forward so everybody (Vudu/Roku) are aware of the issue.

-Kevin

Comment

As a test I plugged my Roku Ultra directly into my Samsung KS9000 via HDMI. On all of the 7.1 titles, I get NO audio at all. Other movies play fine.

Only way I get stable audio on the 7.1 titles either via my AVR or my TV is to force the Roku Ultra to stereo.

-Kevin

Comment

If I reboot my Roku - and go into Vudu. The first title I choose will play fine and show 3/4/0.1 on my AVR.

If I stop the title, and go to a different one or even back into that title - the AVR will show 3/2/0.1 and the movie will have issues.

Reboot the Roku and choose a different 7.1 title - again, play fine right out of the gate (which must have been how we got through 50 minutes of Rogue One this weekend).

-Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by netnothing View Post
                      If I reboot my Roku - and go into Vudu. The first title I choose will play fine and show 3/4/0.1 on my AVR.

If I stop the title, and go to a different one or even back into that title - the AVR will show 3/2/0.1 and the movie will have issues.

Reboot the Roku and choose a different 7.1 title - again, play fine right out of the gate (which must have been how we got through 50 minutes of Rogue One this weekend).

-Kevin
                      Ive got this going on as well

Comment

Same behavior here. Works the first time, then not after.

Signal chain is Roku Ultra -> Marantz SR7010 AVR -> Samsung JS9500 TV.

Thanks in advance to the Roku staff for looking into it!

Comment

So I took an hour last night to tinker with things to try and isolate what is going on.
                          My hardware is as follows: Roku Ultra -> Samsung HW-K850 soundbar -> Samsung KU6290 4K TV (using all high-speed HDMI cables).

I had previously stated that I don't have the audio issue with any other titles; That WAS the case. Now it does appear to be isolated to those titles with 7.1 DD+ audio tracks - In my case, The Force Awakens and Rogue One. The audio will either play for about 10 seconds or so, then stop, or not play at all. Normally, this drop in sound is followed by a short "buffering" message, then the movie plays again, but without sound.
                          Oddly, after this happens, I get NO SOUND from ANY Roku app until I turn my soundbar off, then on again. It would appear that my soundbar has some issue with VUDU 7.1 DD+ tracks that it won't recover from without a power cycle...

I tried setting the audio mode in the Roku from "Auto detect" to DD+/DTS, with no change. Changing to Stereo allowed audio to play without issue. Obviously, this is less than ideal, so I set it back to 'Auto'.

I discovered that by starting the movie (no sound), then turning my soundbar off and on again, I get audio to start and play without it dropping out. If the movie has to buffer, or I attempt to FF, RW or skip chapters, I have to repeat this power cycling of the soundbar to get audio to play without dropping out. In other words, the stream can't be interrupted.

It is interesting that other people here have this issue with different soundbars, so it would seem that this issue isn't particularly obscure; rather it must be something more universal... But what is the primary cause? The Roku Ultra, VUDU or the soundbar? The fact that I get audio by cycling the power of the soundbar while VUDU is playing the movie tells me that VUDU and the ULTRA are at least sending the audio stream just fine. The fact that the soundbar then plays this audio stream without issue tells me that the soundbar is fully capable of decoding 7.1 DD+ and that my HDMI cables are sufficient.

The fact that I normally DO get sound for the first 10 seconds of a VUDU 7.1 DD+ title would hint that this has something to do with the stream being interrupted. Why this only happens with VUDU 7.1 DD+ titles is a bit of a mystery. My internet connection is over 100Mbps - yet the "buffering" interruption happens on these 2 titles pretty much after 10 seconds of starting every time.

That being said, the video should be able to stop and buffer if need be, and not lose audio. Therefore, I'm leaning towards this being caused (and fixed) by a software adjustment, either on the Roku side, or the VUDU side.

-Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Nanid1978 View Post
                            So I took an hour last night to tinker with things to try and isolate what is going on.
                            My hardware is as follows: Roku Ultra -> Samsung HW-K850 soundbar -> Samsung KU6290 4K TV (using all high-speed HDMI cables).

I had previously stated that I don't have the audio issue with any other titles; That WAS the case. Now it does appear to be isolated to those titles with 7.1 DD+ audio tracks - In my case, The Force Awakens and Rogue One. The audio will either play for about 10 seconds or so, then stop, or not play at all. Normally, this drop in sound is followed by a short "buffering" message, then the movie plays again, but without sound.
                            Oddly, after this happens, I get NO SOUND from ANY Roku app until I turn my soundbar off, then on again. It would appear that my soundbar has some issue with VUDU 7.1 DD+ tracks that it won't recover from without a power cycle...

I tried setting the audio mode in the Roku from "Auto detect" to DD+/DTS, with no change. Changing to Stereo allowed audio to play without issue. Obviously, this is less than ideal, so I set it back to 'Auto'.

I discovered that by starting the movie (no sound), then turning my soundbar off and on again, I get audio to start and play without it dropping out. If the movie has to buffer, or I attempt to FF, RW or skip chapters, I have to repeat this power cycling of the soundbar to get audio to play without dropping out. In other words, the stream can't be interrupted.

It is interesting that other people here have this issue with different soundbars, so it would seem that this issue isn't particularly obscure; rather it must be something more universal... But what is the primary cause? The Roku Ultra, VUDU or the soundbar? The fact that I get audio by cycling the power of the soundbar while VUDU is playing the movie tells me that VUDU and the ULTRA are at least sending the audio stream just fine. The fact that the soundbar then plays this audio stream without issue tells me that the soundbar is fully capable of decoding 7.1 DD+ and that my HDMI cables are sufficient.

The fact that I normally DO get sound for the first 10 seconds of a VUDU 7.1 DD+ title would hint that this has something to do with the stream being interrupted. Why this only happens with VUDU 7.1 DD+ titles is a bit of a mystery. My internet connection is over 100Mbps - yet the "buffering" interruption happens on these 2 titles pretty much after 10 seconds of starting every time.

That being said, the video should be able to stop and buffer if need be, and not lose audio. Therefore, I'm leaning towards this being caused (and fixed) by a software adjustment, either on the Roku side, or the VUDU side.

-Ryan
                            Don't think it's your soundbar as I don't have a soundbar (full AVR) and also plugged my Roku Ultra directly into my Samsung KS9000 TV and on any 7.1 title in Vudu I got NO SOUND at all.

This is definitely a Roku problem (or a Roku + Vudu software issue). In my setup I was able to stream all my 7.1 Vudu titles fine via PS4 Pro. Also of note, my Apple TV 4 was able to stream 7.1 from iTunes successfully, all through my AVR.

Also to followup on your switching on and off.....I noticed that if you reboot your Roku, go directly into the movie and don't touch anything, it will play fine. But stopping the movie or going to another movie causes issues again.

When I do this, reboot Roku start movie - the movie correctly shows on my AVR as 3/4/0.1. However, if you stop and go into another title, any of the 7.1 titles will show 3/2/0.1 on my AVR and have the problems.

-Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by netnothing View Post
                              Don't think it's your soundbar as I don't have a soundbar (full AVR) and also plugged my Roku Ultra directly into my Samsung KS9000 TV and on any 7.1 title in Vudu I got NO SOUND at all.
                              This is because your Samsung KS9000 won't decode DD+ 7.1. You'd have to set your Roku Ultra to stereo to get any sound.

This is definitely a Roku problem (or a Roku + Vudu software issue). In my setup I was able to stream all my 7.1 Vudu titles fine via PS4 Pro. Also of note, my Apple TV 4 was able to stream 7.1 from iTunes successfully, all through my AVR.
                              Agreed. I'm leaning towards this being caused by a Roku software issue at this point. The fact that your PS4 Pro plays VUDU 7.1 fine makes me think that the VUDU software is probably ok - although platform differences between Roku and PS4 could mean there are VUDU software differences to blame as well...

Also to followup on your switching on and off.....I noticed that if you reboot your Roku, go directly into the movie and don't touch anything, it will play fine. But stopping the movie or going to another movie causes issues again.
                              While I've tried rebooting the Roku and immediately trying to play Rogue One, I only get sound for 10 seconds or so, every single time. I have to power cycle my soundbar while the movie is playing to get audio to stick.

When I do this, reboot Roku start movie - the movie correctly shows on my AVR as 3/4/0.1. However, if you stop and go into another title, any of the 7.1 titles will show 3/2/0.1 on my AVR and have the problems.
                              What does 3/4/0.1 refer to on your AVR? Are those all the channels? (3 is L/C/R, 4 is the surrounds and 0.1 is the LFE?)
                              So that would indicate that 3/2/0.1 is removing 2 of your surrounds?

Comment

Working...
                              X