Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Sony +Clean Versions rights GONE and is Ultraviolet rights going next?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony +Clean Versions rights GONE and is Ultraviolet rights going next?

Noticed today that VUDU is in the process of removing all the Clean Versions of Sony's Clean Movies offerings under the VUDU Extras tabs. This is after Sony's Cleanermovies webpage has been down for several days now and FANDANGONOW has stopped selling them for a few days. I feel like I was robbed because I just bought a few of those movies because they offered clean versions through the VUDU EXTRAS feature.

I am also worried that if they can take those versions away without any compensation, could they do the same with parts or all of our Ultraviolet collections? They are already dropping the name Ultraviolet from some newer DVDs and Bluray packaging from major studios like Warner and FOX. Is there anything we can do to prevent this from happening and get back the clean versions from Sony that have already been removed?

Re: Sony +Clean Versions rights GONE and is Ultraviolet rights going next?

The Sony clean versions are going away because Sony backtracked on the entire idea. You may see them come back but it depends on if they smooth things over. They did a lot of them without directors' permissions and now will only do so with permission.

"The DGA has notified Sony that it expects the immediate removal of all 'clean' versions of affected films from availability until Sony secures permission from each and every director, and provides them with an opportunity to edit a version for release in new media," the statement read. "As we have throughout our history, we are committed to fighting the unauthorized editing of films."

I also wouldn't worry about UV going away... Warner Brothers owns Fandango / Flixster which is the largest UV redeem site. It's also become the standard that the industry was pushing.

Comment

I hope you are not upset because you bought a title and the CLEAN version was removed... LOL... watch a movie for how it was made to be watched. If it was too bad for kids, the don't need to see the clean version either.

Comment

I think the Clean Movies Vudu Extras should work like UV rights do. If you owned the movie when it was being sold with UV rights you still retain the UV rights even if they discontinue selling the UV rights later on such as the Relativity movies or Captain America and Iron Man movies. Therefore we should continue to have VUDU Extras features for the movies we already purchased before they were removed. That is all I am asking VUDU to do. Just wish we could get someone from VUDU to look into this and reply here as to what they are going to do to those affected.

Comment

The best you can probably hope for is them removing the movie from your library and refunding you. Have you opened a support ticket about it?

Comment

No bonus features have UV rights. It was a Sony decision that they backtracked on due to directors threatening to boycott and the DGA breathing down their necks. If you bought a movie solely for it to be the clean version then you can contact Vudu for a refund and they'll remove it from your library, as Navigator suggested, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that version coming back as an extra any time soon.

Comment

For those who purchased a title that offered the clean version during the time clean versions were available, we have re-deposited the clean version of that title back into your account. It will show up as it's own title under My Movies, not under Vudu Extras.

Comment

Originally posted by FelipeF View Post
                For those who purchased a title that offered the clean version during the time clean versions were available, we have re-deposited the clean version of that title back into your account. It will show up as it's own title under My Movies, not under Vudu Extras.
                Thanks for the update Felipe.

However, tell your bosses at VUDU that this is probably NOT going to be an acceptable solution to this problem because Sony, while they possibly did release these versions without getting permission first from directors or their reps, didn't do anything that totally broke the Director's Guild rules. Director Apatow, one of the main critics of the cleanermovies, should be held somewhat responsible for his actions. Because instead of Apatow talking directly to Sony like the DGA has recommended, Apatow sent an angry tweet about his movies being edited which is not in accordance with the DGA's rules. Furthermore, the DGA only seemed to get involved when Apatow and a few others complained. Even the DGA stated they had to look at the legaity of it which is basically trying to find a case where it would be illegal instead of flat out being able to say that it is illegal which is a huge difference. Basically the DGA was looking for loopholes. So as far as I can tell these clean movies should be back under the VUDU Extras until this is legally resolved.

Comment

I wish Sony would stop wasting money, time and effort to do these "Clean" versions and instead provide their 4k movies to Vudu or at least provide the Sony Ultra app to more devices. Instead the titles are still only available in 4k on their Ultra app on certain specific Sony android TVs.

53 UHD
                  789 HDX
                  2 SD

Comment

Originally posted by RRTOP14 View Post
                    Thanks for the update Felipe.

However, tell your bosses at VUDU that this is probably NOT going to be an acceptable solution to this problem because Sony, while they possibly did release these versions without getting permission first from directors or their reps, didn't do anything that totally broke the Director's Guild rules. Director Apatow, one of the main critics of the cleanermovies, should be held somewhat responsible for his actions. Because instead of Apatow talking directly to Sony like the DGA has recommended, Apatow sent an angry tweet about his movies being edited which is not in accordance with the DGA's rules. Furthermore, the DGA only seemed to get involved when Apatow and a few others complained. Even the DGA stated they had to look at the legaity of it which is basically trying to find a case where it would be illegal instead of flat out being able to say that it is illegal which is a huge difference. Basically the DGA was looking for loopholes. So as far as I can tell these clean movies should be back under the VUDU Extras until this is legally resolved.
                    So Vudu gave those who purchased these movies for the clean versions back their clean versions and people still complain. I would only imagine that Vudu was directed by Sony to take down these clean version and offer some kind of resolution to those who still wanted them. This whole clean versions issue has been completely blown out of proportion.

Comment

Originally posted by Kappa123 View Post
                      So Vudu gave those who purchased these movies for the clean versions back their clean versions and people still complain. I would only imagine that Vudu was directed by Sony to take down these clean version and offer some kind of resolution to those who still wanted them. This whole clean versions issue has been completely blown out of proportion.
                      The problem is that the solution that VUDU gave us according to Felipe leaves someone like me without any clean versions at all even though I added them to my VUDU accounts during the short period that the clean versions were offered on VUDU.

So how did I wind up with no clean versions now? Let me explain the situation below.

It appears that the only people who are getting the clean versions now are the ones who bought the +Clean Versions through VUDU. I bought 3 of the movies offered as clean versions at a local discount store on Blu-ray. I had to do 2 of them through disc to digital because no UV code was included. The other one was added through a UV code. So now I have no clean movies at all because VUDU apparently didn't keep track of those who acquired these movies during that period through UV codes or Disc to digital.

And because Felipe said that the clean versions being offered now only applies to movies bought during that time, none of the other clean movies that I already owned before the Sony Clean versions started count either. It is sort of unfair not to get clean versions of movies I had already owned since you couldn't repurchase those movies just to get the clean versions.

So it is not as simple of a fix as you might think. VUDU should have never removed the VUDU Extras in the first place and left them up until ordered by law to take them down since now it is nearly impossible to tell who owned the movies affected during the time they were available.

Comment

Originally posted by RRTOP14 View Post
                        The problem is that the solution that VUDU gave us according to Felipe leaves someone like me without any clean versions at all even though I added them to my VUDU accounts during the short period that the clean versions were offered on VUDU.

So how did I wind up with no clean versions now? Let me explain the situation below.

It appears that the only people who are getting the clean versions now are the ones who bought the +Clean Versions through VUDU. I bought 3 of the movies offered as clean versions at a local discount store on Blu-ray. I had to do 2 of them through disc to digital because no UV code was included. The other one was added through a UV code. So now I have no clean movies at all because VUDU apparently didn't keep track of those who acquired these movies during that period through UV codes or Disc to digital.

And because Felipe said that the clean versions being offered now only applies to movies bought during that time, none of the other clean movies that I already owned before the Sony Clean versions started count either. It is sort of unfair not to get clean versions of movies I had already owned since you couldn't repurchase those movies just to get the clean versions.

So it is not as simple of a fix as you might think. VUDU should have never removed the VUDU Extras in the first place and left them up until ordered by law to take them down since now it is nearly impossible to tell who owned the movies affected during the time they were available.
                        PM me the 2 titles you purchased through D2D and the other one that you redeemed a code with and I'll see if I can help in this situation.

Comment

Working...
                        X