atasehir escort pendik escort ankara escort

Announcement

Collapse

Vudu Forum Guidelines

Vudu Forum Guidelines

The Vudu Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Vudu experience. Here, Vudu customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Vudu and Vudu -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Vudu customers with questions and/or problems with their Vudu service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Vudu Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Vudu Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Vudu reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Vudu products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Vudu retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Vudu Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Vudu products and services should be directed to Vudu customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Vudu, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Vudu a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Vudu desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Vudu will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Vudu is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Vudu the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Vudu for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Vudu takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

DISNEY 4K UHD DMA

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    DISNEY 4K UHD DMA

    We'll is appear's Disney is finally jumping on the 4k UHD bandwagon.

    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 will be the first UHD title released on 4k UHD Blu-Ray combo pack and will come "Digital Copy"

    But will it be a UHD HDR digital copy available through DMA and view-able on Vudu? Or perhaps just HD like with Fox and some other studios 4k disc / digital combo titles?

    Have to wait and see. Street is Aug 22nd with no mention of early digital sale yet.

    #2
    Re: DISNEY 4K UHD DMA

    Originally posted by jeremymc7 View Post
    We'll is appear's Disney is finally jumping on the 4k UHD bandwagon.

    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 will be the first UHD title released on 4k UHD Blu-Ray combo pack and will come "Digital Copy"

    But will it be a UHD HDR digital copy available through DMA and view-able on Vudu? Or perhaps just HD like with Fox and some other studios 4k disc / digital combo titles?

    Have to wait and see. Street is Aug 22nd with no mention of early digital sale yet.
    No 4K Disney streaming. Confirmed by phone.

    You didn't seriously think Disney was gonna let you get away with buying something only once, did you ;-)

    Comment


      #3
      Re: DISNEY 4K UHD DMA

      Originally posted by mrewster View Post
      No 4K Disney streaming. Confirmed by phone.

      You didn't seriously think Disney was gonna let you get away with buying something only once, did you ;-)
      Sorry, who did you call and what did they say?

      Comment


        #4
        Re: DISNEY 4K UHD DMA

        Originally posted by tkdkid717 View Post
        Sorry, who did you call and what did they say?
        Disney.
        They said "No."

        Comment


          #5
          Re: DISNEY 4K UHD DMA

          Originally posted by mrewster View Post
          Disney.
          They said "No."
          I'm not sure I'd believe them just yet... there were reports before GotG2 was confirmed 4K that the reason DMA went down was because they were prepping their system for 4K and that's why all of their titles reverted back to SD and not HD a few weeks back. I believe Digital Bits had this in their article: "Third, a few days ago, some users of Disney Movies Anywhere, a digital service that mirrors the UltraViolet program used by the other studios, discovered that many of their digital movies had suddenly been downgraded to standard definition. The titles that were affected seemed completely random. So our own Jeff Kleist, himself a frequent user of the service, began placing calls to the various services like VUDU, iTunes, Amazon, and Microsoft (that support Disney?s program) to find out what was going on, as Disney?s own helpline had closed for the night. While most of them simply acknowledged the problem and that they were working on it, one technician admitted to Jeff that the problem was caused by a format ?reclassification? of certain movies, and that a fix would be coming soon. When Jeff asked if this meant that 4K format options were being added to the system, the technician was apparently less than convincing in feigning ignorance.


          EDIT: and as I was typing this a news release came out:
          This August, Marvel Studios' GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2, the blockbuster sequel featuring the world's favorite band of intergalactic misfits, blasts into homes digitally in HD, 4K Ultra HD and Disney Movies Anywhere on Aug. 8 and physically on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD on Aug. 22.

          Product Offerings: Digital = 4K UHD with HDR (HDR-10 or Dolby Vision),

          Comment


            #6
            Re: DISNEY 4K UHD DMA

            Originally posted by duckydan View Post
            I'm not sure I'd believe them just yet... there were reports before GotG2 was confirmed 4K that the reason DMA went down was because they were prepping their system for 4K and that's why all of their titles reverted back to SD and not HD a few weeks back. I believe Digital Bits had this in their article: "Third, a few days ago, some users of Disney Movies Anywhere, a digital service that mirrors the UltraViolet program used by the other studios, discovered that many of their digital movies had suddenly been downgraded to standard definition. The titles that were affected seemed completely random. So our own Jeff Kleist, himself a frequent user of the service, began placing calls to the various services like VUDU, iTunes, Amazon, and Microsoft (that support Disney?s program) to find out what was going on, as Disney?s own helpline had closed for the night. While most of them simply acknowledged the problem and that they were working on it, one technician admitted to Jeff that the problem was caused by a format ?reclassification? of certain movies, and that a fix would be coming soon. When Jeff asked if this meant that 4K format options were being added to the system, the technician was apparently less than convincing in feigning ignorance.


            EDIT: and as I was typing this a news release came out:
            This August, Marvel Studios' GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2, the blockbuster sequel featuring the world's favorite band of intergalactic misfits, blasts into homes digitally in HD, 4K Ultra HD and Disney Movies Anywhere on Aug. 8 and physically on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD on Aug. 22.

            Product Offerings: Digital = 4K UHD with HDR (HDR-10 or Dolby Vision),



            So if i buy the UHD from Vudu for GOTG vol. 2 i won't be able to see it across my other linked DMA Accounts like iTunes? At possibly 1080 since now it's not at 4K UHD.

            Comment


              #7
              Re: DISNEY 4K UHD DMA

              Originally posted by Jaz.7 View Post
              So if i buy the UHD from Vudu for GOTG vol. 2 i won't be able to see it across my other linked DMA Accounts like iTunes? At possibly 1080 since now it's not at 4K UHD.
              it shows up in DMA as 1080p

              Comment


                #8
                Re: DISNEY 4K UHD DMA

                Originally posted by danglin709 View Post
                it shows up in DMA as 1080p
                I'm not even going to think about buying Disney 4K until they show up in DMA as UHD

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: DISNEY 4K UHD DMA

                  Originally posted by Bond007 View Post
                  I'm not even going to think about buying Disney 4K until they show up in DMA as UHD
                  Exactly

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: DISNEY 4K UHD DMA

                    Originally posted by Bond007 View Post
                    I'm not even going to think about buying Disney 4K until they show up in DMA as UHD
                    Originally posted by Cranston37 View Post
                    Exactly
                    I'm going to buy it regardless because that time may never come. That's the same as not buying Fox titles because none of their UV codes redeem as UHD either. I bought the "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" UHD for a pretty good price considering it's originally $5.00 less than most of the other Vudu UHD titles and then got a 25% discount on top of that.

                    64 UHD
                    794 HDX
                    2 SD

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: DISNEY 4K UHD DMA

                      Originally posted by lujan View Post
                      I'm going to buy it regardless because that time may never come. That's the same as not buying Fox titles because none of their UV codes redeem as UHD either. I bought the "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" UHD for a pretty good price considering it's originally $5.00 less than most of the other Vudu UHD titles and then got a 25% discount on top of that.
                      Oh I will buy it too, just in HDX. Paying for a UHD title but not actually getting a UHD DMA license just isn't an acceptable deal to me to get me to part with the extra money...

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: DISNEY 4K UHD DMA

                        confirm only get HDX not UHD version even if u buy the 4k disc. I bought my 4k disc from bestbuy (the non steelbook edition ) registered with DMA and put the coess first on DMA Iphone app first. still shows up as HDX only when I log into my VUDU. Disney might want to start putting the UHD digital copy free with the 4k disc set soon. Thats just greedy on Disneys part if I have to pay another 30$ to get the UHD copy only

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: DISNEY 4K UHD DMA

                          Originally posted by 4KRolo View Post
                          confirm only get HDX not UHD version even if u buy the 4k disc. I bought my 4k disc from bestbuy (the non steelbook edition ) registered with DMA and put the coess first on DMA Iphone app first. still shows up as HDX only when I log into my VUDU. Disney might want to start putting the UHD digital copy free with the 4k disc set soon. Thats just greedy on Disneys part if I have to pay another 30$ to get the UHD copy only
                          Same as 20th Century Fox where none of their UHD discs with a UV code will redeem in UHD. You have to purchase the "Vidity" title and pay another $30.00.

                          64 UHD
                          794 HDX
                          2 SD

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: DISNEY 4K UHD DMA

                            Originally posted by 4KRolo View Post
                            confirm only get HDX not UHD version even if u buy the 4k disc. I bought my 4k disc from bestbuy (the non steelbook edition ) registered with DMA and put the coess first on DMA Iphone app first. still shows up as HDX only when I log into my VUDU. Disney might want to start putting the UHD digital copy free with the 4k disc set soon. Thats just greedy on Disneys part if I have to pay another 30$ to get the UHD copy only
                            I bought the UHD version from Vudu fpr $25 on digital release date since I wanted UHD streaming since it was resonably clear the UHD disc was HD(HDX) streaming only. It shows as 3D (for some reason) on DMA but plays HD(HDX) on other DMA providers.

                            Unless things change this will be how I'm buying Disney UHD from now on.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: DISNEY 4K UHD DMA

                              Originally posted by 4KRolo View Post
                              confirm only get HDX not UHD version even if u buy the 4k disc. I bought my 4k disc from bestbuy (the non steelbook edition ) registered with DMA and put the coess first on DMA Iphone app first. still shows up as HDX only when I log into my VUDU. Disney might want to start putting the UHD digital copy free with the 4k disc set soon. Thats just greedy on Disneys part if I have to pay another 30$ to get the UHD copy only
                              Anybody tried redeeming directly on Vudu? I am considering it but what if it doesn't make a difference then later down the road when Disney and iTunes flips the 4K switch, people who redeemed it on Disney are automatically upgraded to UHD?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X