Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Cinemanow dead??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cinemanow dead??

Since the retail site CinemaNow is relevant here because it is a UV retailer, I am wondering if anyone knows what is going on with them? The website has been down for a week (at least every time I've checked it since July 20th). That's a long time and makes me wonder if they are dead and gone?

Even though it's a lousy site IMO that I hardly ever use, it's still important to have multiple UV providers to keep the system alive!

Re: Cinemanow dead??

I received this response today, which is similar to the one I received last week (but not exactly the same):

Hi,
    Thanks for responding to CinemaNow Customer Support. I'm sorry you're still having trouble with our service. Our website is still down but our technicians are working to get it fix and we're sorry it taking longer than expected. There's no ETA as to when it will be resolved but we hope to have it fix soon.
    Thank You,
    Sashana
    CinemaNow Customer Support

The response was very fast and since it isn't the exact same words as the one I got last week, this indicates to me that they are still in business and must be having a huge technical problem. It still seems strange though to be down for an entire week? Not a good sign.

Comment

A few days before it went down they removed UV rights from every title on their site, so maybe they are having some issue related to that?

Not sure how they can stay in business, they only get 1 new release movie every couple of weeks when vudu gets hundreds in the same time period, and they charge more too

Comment

what sucks is I have some tv shows stuck over there that transferred in the Targetticket shutdown. Wish I could get those transferred here.

Comment

The website is still down. I think CinemaNow is dead.

Comment

On 7/18/2017, after making an UV purchase on CinemaNow on that failed to transfer, I realized none of my other UV titles were viewable there either (the UV logo was still visible on the CinemaNow titles). I reached out to UV support and received this response:

UltraViolet CustomerCare (UltraViolet Customer Care Team)
            Jul 19, 12:31 PM NDT

CinemaNow is currently not participating in UltraViolet. Please visit the UltraViolet Website Where to Watch page (https://www.myuv.com/where-to-watch) for a list of other participating retailers in your region.

We are sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Comment

I feel like they are done. Does anyone actually buy stuff on their site? I understand if a title is UV and cheaper there, but non-UV titles? I just couldn't. I think I have two titles that were bought there, and luckily they were both UV and transferred to my UV library, so they are in my Vudu.

They even removed the CinemaNow option in the "Linked Services". I think the leaders are Vudu, FandangoNow and iTunes, and maybe Amazon, but I don't see Amazon going anywhere, since they have Prime and are working on their live TV service.

Comment

Yeah, the only movies I purchased there were UV. So, I think those should remain in my Vudu library, right? They are all still there now. It is interesting, though, that the two times I contacted support, they always came back with a quick direct response indicating things were fine and the site will be up soon.

Comment

Originally posted by quackman View Post
                  Yeah, the only movies I purchased there were UV. So, I think those should remain in my Vudu library, right? They are all still there now. It is interesting, though, that the two times I contacted support, they always came back with a quick direct response indicating things were fine and the site will be up soon.
                  I saw somewhere that Cinema now and Fandango now are or were owned by the same company maybe that has something to do with it

Comment

Originally posted by danglin709 View Post
                    I saw somewhere that Cinema now and Fandango now are or were owned by the same company maybe that has something to do with it
                    They have different owners. Cinemanow is owned by Filmon, a UK company.

Comment

I must have gotten caught mid-stream in CinemaNow's transition because they were selling UV titles without UV linkage or affiliation on 7/18.
                      The UV title I purchased from CinemaNow never actually ported to my UV locker, and couldn't be accessed via Vudu (or any other UV provider). When I realized the CinemaNow/UV linkage was broken and saw they had been removed from the UV provider list, I first contacted UV support. Puzzled! After UV responded that CinemaNow was no longer UV affiliated, I contacted CinemaNow, who promptly refunded the purchase and deleted the title from my CinemaNow account with apologies, but definitely gave the impression (similar to quackman) that they were experiencing a "temporary system outage". Time will tell, I guess.

Originally posted by quackman View Post

Comment

The end of UV support is on their help desk site too:
                        https://cinemanow.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

myuv.com doesn't list CinemaNow anymore. In fact, there are very few UV providers left aside from the studios. Vudu, Kaleidescape and Verizon are about it.

You'd think the studios would be concerned, but there's not much publicity on new initiatives or marketing for UV. Maybe they're thinking 4K blu-ray solved all of their problems? I'm not paying that much for any movie!

Target and Best Buy are no longer in the game. I'm a little concerned about how much I've invested in movies I may not be able to watch if Walmart loses interest.

Comment

Originally posted by tsken02 View Post
                          The end of UV support is on their help desk site too:
                          https://cinemanow.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

myuv.com doesn't list CinemaNow anymore. In fact, there are very few UV providers left aside from the studios. Vudu, Kaleidescape and Verizon are about it.

You'd think the studios would be concerned, but there's not much publicity on new initiatives or marketing for UV. Maybe they're thinking 4K blu-ray solved all of their problems? I'm not paying that much for any movie!

Target and Best Buy are no longer in the game. I'm a little concerned about how much I've invested in movies I may not be able to watch if Walmart loses interest.
                          I don't see Walmart losing interest. They have invested too much into Vudu and getting exclusives for Walmart to sale. If anything, I see Vudu and iTunes being the two left standing. Maybe something will come one day to allow us to link our movies across both platforms? Similar to UV? We can wish.

Comment

I don't know when, but another format will be launching soon according to rumors based on the same locker system as DMA. Most studios will be contributing to it as well, but talks of them and UV working together broke down. heres to hoping that if VUDU sells for that other locker we will get all of our movies ported to it as well.

On a side note about Cinemanow I refused to use them after my tv shows ported there. Basically they were not UV when purchased, but later became UV. They would never grant me the rights and told me I had to repurchase everything to get the UV rights.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerlover View Post
                              I don't know when, but another format will be launching soon according to rumors based on the same locker system as DMA. Most studios will be contributing to it as well, but talks of them and UV working together broke down. heres to hoping that if VUDU sells for that other locker we will get all of our movies ported to it as well.

On a side note about Cinemanow I refused to use them after my tv shows ported there. Basically they were not UV when purchased, but later became UV. They would never grant me the rights and told me I had to repurchase everything to get the UV rights.
                              Why would any UV Retailer drop UV? Most of the UV movies I purchased are from Vudu's D2D feature. There will be no way to win back those customers if they don't allow or make it too difficult for them to watch content they purchased. Furthermore, none of those defunct sites will be able to provide the user compensation for those titles not purchased from Vudu. Any new format will just be viewed with even more skepticism and customers will just settle on obtaining their content illegally. Any future eco system that doesn't support UV is a non starter. Could they do away with UV redemptions or support for D2D? Perhaps, but having them apply this retroactively to our collections would be insane.

The studios really need to get their act together and treat their most loyal customers with respect. Otherwise, they will have no business selling movies digitally.

Comment

Working...
                              X