Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Search feature is atrocious

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search feature is atrocious

So with all the talk about The Lion King Signature collection being released I decided to once again test out the search feature on Vudu and once again it fails to work. So I type in The Lion King and it brings up The Lion King Signature edition and the two sequels and a triple feature bundle that has the signature edition and the two sequels. Want to know what doesn't show up yep my digital version of The Lion King Platinum edition. So I have over 2,400 movies in my account so I have to scroll a long time to find my Platinum edition of The Lion King. My scenario which has almost happened more than a few times is there are multiple versions of a movie but when you do a simple search instead of it showing you all the different versions of a movie it just shows you the latest version and asks me if I want to buy it. Now because I have such a large collection what happens if I forget I already owned The Lion King Platinum and now buy the Signature version thinking I didn't own the title. I have now wasted my money on a movie I already own because the search feature won't pull up all versions of the movie. I've seen this happen with extended versions of movie titles and directors cut version. I'll own the original version of a movie type in the movie title in search and it just shows me the extended version to buy instead of showing all the versions this way I can easily check to see if I own the movie or not.

Try it yourself and Type in The Lion King and nowhere will you see the digital version that came out a couple years back and I've owned for three years now. Vudu I asked a few years back to get this issue fixed and it never was and trying to get money back from Vudu is a test of patience and will power with all the hoops you have to jump thru. Can you please just show all versions of a movie title when doing a search so this way I know if I own the movie already or not.

Re: Search feature is atrocious

The search function is for the "Vudu store" and will only show the results of titles that are currently available to buy/rent/watch for free, etc.

The old version of The Lion King is not available on Vudu anymore (hasn't been for some time) and therefore won't show up in any searches, but because you own the title it will remain in your vudu locker to watch. The best comparison I can think of is, you buy a dvd from a store and then the store stops selling that dvd, you can't walk into the store and find that dvd anymore, but it will still be on your shelf at home. The main vudu page is a store, and is not connected to your personal collection.

I agree however that it would be great to have a separate search function for "My Vudu" to easily find titles for people with large collections.

While I'm at it...We need a way to sort wishlist items as well, I have a lot in there and If I could sort by year etc I could prioritise what to buy more easily, right now it a mess and I don't remember what's in there.

Comment

Tom that is ridiculous. Why would Vudu do that? I ask because when I'm in "My Vudu" it still allows the search feature on the top of the page. If it's for the store only then they should just have the search feature on the home page only. Or show all versions of a movie with a tag when you click the title "No longer available to buy" but placed under the "Watch" tag if you already own it. I know common sense but those of us with huge collections it would make it so much easier to find a movie quickly or in my case almost buying a movie again that I already own. Ever call customer service to get your money back from Vudu. It's like hours of your life wasted.

Or even better on any new versions of movies when you click the title and the new version comes up asking you to buy it, there's a tag somewhere that says, "A version of this movie is already in your collection".

I can only imagine accidentally buying The Signature version of The Lion King and I buy it in the morning forgetting I already own it. I go to work and somebody in my family watches it. I then come home from work remembering I already own the movie and call Vudu to get my money back they're going to say, "I've already watched it" and can't get my money back. A simple tag or a search feature that is useful to owners would sure help with this.

Comment

Originally posted by MattBryans View Post
        Tom that is ridiculous. Why would Vudu do that? I ask because when I'm in "My Vudu" it still allows the search feature on the top of the page. If it's for the store only then they should just have the search feature on the home page only. Or show all versions of a movie with a tag when you click the title "No longer available to buy" but placed under the "Watch" tag if you already own it. I know common sense but those of us with huge collections it would make it so much easier to find a movie quickly or in my case almost buying a movie again that I already own. Ever call customer service to get your money back from Vudu. It's like hours of your life wasted.
        It's really not, Most websites work this way.

That very top bar has nothing to do with what is currently on the page below. The search is in the main Vudu header/navigation bar at the top of every page on the Vudu domain, including right here in the forums. It provides an easy way to navigate the Vudu store from anywhere which includes being able to search for titles (in the store). You wouldn't use that search bar to search for topics in the forum...Yet there is is at the top, for convenience.

As far as having every title that has ever been available on Vudu listed in the store with a banner on the artwork or having to click through to see it's NOT actually available on Vudu, is what would be ridiculous.

We can agree to disagree on that... but I, personally, if they decided to do that, would most likely start a thread here to complain about it, and I'm sure many others would agree.

Also, buying things you already own has to be your responsibility. You can't reasonably expect any company to be responsible for that.

Comment

As of now, you still can't search by anything other than the movie title, and often it has to be an exact match to even come up in the results. If they want a separate search function for the Vudu storefront, that's one thing, but there should be an easier way to search our own collections.

Comment

Originally posted by IPhoneUser View Post
            As of now, you still can't search by anything other than the movie title, and often it has to be an exact match to even come up in the results. If they want a separate search function for the Vudu storefront, that's one thing, but there should be an easier way to search our own collections.
            I've complained about having to be an exact match for years on these threads but for some reason Vudu hasn't updated the search features. It would be an easy solution using "where XXX is Like XXX" instead of "where XXX = XXX".

64 UHD
            795 HDX
            2 SD

Comment

I've had similar complaints for years.

Vudu is focused on selling you more, of course, it's a business.

But when you're a good customer and buy more it becomes hard to find what you own.

As previously mentioned search doesn't bring up titles you own. Instead you have to scroll through potentially thousands of My Movies to find it. Likewise similar doesn't bring up stuff you own thats not available for sale so you can't bring up an actor and see what other movies they make that you might want to watch that you own but is not currently available for sale.

Having the option to turn on all titles or even just include titles you own would be a big step.

I understand not showing titles that are not available for purchase that you don't own. Creates confusion, frustration, and clutter. But I see little to no hard in including titles you OWN when you're logged in since what difference doe it make if it's not available for sale if you already own it.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremymc7 View Post
                Having the option to turn on all titles or even just include titles you own would be a big step.

I understand not showing titles that are not available for purchase that you don't own. Creates confusion, frustration, and clutter. But I see little to no hard in including titles you OWN when you're logged in since what difference doe it make if it's not available for sale if you already own it.
                If this is easy enough to do then that would be perfect. I'm not a coder though and don't know how difficult it would be with the amount of users and titles they have.

Comment

The obvious solution is that if a customer owns a title, it should show up in search results regardless if it is currently available for sale.

Comment

Out of my own curiousity, I just tested iTunes to see how they handled searches, as I own a copy of Night of the Luving Dead that is no longer for sale. A search brought up the version they currently sell, but not the one I own, which is still found in my library.

In other words, you can at least take solace in the fact that Vudu handles searches exactly the way Apple does...

Comment

There needs to be a search function within our Vudu library, so titles not being sold anymore still show up if searched, or at least, what others have said, have the title show in the regular results even if not being sold anymore.

Comment

This is exactly my point. If we had a search for titles we currently own it would make life so much easier for those of us who have massive collections. There is no way I can remember all the titles in my digital collection so it is frustrating when Vudu loses an ALID and a movie just disappears. I'm then like okay what movie disappeared. Sure if I had a small collection it would be much easier but when you have thousands of titles it gets way harder. A search feature of owned movies would be a godsend. Take True Lies yes I'm aware Vudu doesn't sell it anymore but I do own the title so I then have to scroll and scroll and scroll and scroll just to find the title. Where a search of owned titles would just instantly show the movie in my collection. Yes I know it's my responsibility to know which movies are in my account but when you have close to 2,500 titles it gets harder and harder. The have been a few titles I thought I owned but didn't and vice versa. Where I've bought a couple titles and already owned another version because search didn't bring it up then when I call Customer Service they are like okay you need to show proof of the bluray case of the older version, a copy of the receipt and who you redeemed thru before we can give a refund. Seriously like i have a receipt from a bluray that I bought seven years ago filed somewhere but without it Vudu just says sorry and now own two copies of the same movie.

Comment

Working...
                        X