Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

movies upgraded to 4K on Movies Anywhere - Free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

movies upgraded to 4K on Movies Anywhere - Free

This is an incredible gift.. When connecting my Vudu library to Movies Anywhere, all of the supported studios with 4K versions were upgraded to 4K on iTunes.

So there is literally no need to buy 4K versions anymore. For each movie that converts, it automatically gets upgraded on iTunes store to 4K. This is awesome!

If you have not tried it give it a shot.

Re: movies upgraded to 4K on Movies Anywhere - Free

Originally posted by Zonker View Post
    This is an incredible gift.. When connecting my Vudu library to Movies Anywhere, all of the supported studios with 4K versions were upgraded to 4K on iTunes.

So there is literally no need to buy 4K versions anymore. For each movie that converts, it automatically gets upgraded on iTunes store to 4K. This is awesome!

If you have not tried it give it a shot.
    This appears to be inaccurate after people dug a little deeper.
    While this appears to be the case playback testing indicates you aren't actually getting 4k playback.
    If it sounds too good to be true and all that jazz.

https://www.reddit.com/r/appletv/com...ify_4k_movies/

Comment

Originally posted by nugent View Post
      This appears to be inaccurate after people dug a little deeper.
      While this appears to be the case playback testing indicates you aren't actually getting 4k playback.
      If it sounds too good to be true and all that jazz.

https://www.reddit.com/r/appletv/com...ify_4k_movies/
      I just finished watching a 4K movie on my LG OLED.. it was 4K without a doubt. Have you actually tried it?

Comment

I just finished watching a 4K movie on my LG OLED.. it was 4K without a doubt. Have you actually tried it?
        This has been a very well documented thing - the Apple TV shows that you own 4K but what the other poster said is correct - it’s only playing HD.

The ATV4K upscales to 4K and tries to add HDR to it - that is what you’re seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cranston37 View Post
          This has been a very well documented thing - the Apple TV shows that you own 4K but what the other poster said is correct - it?s only playing HD.

The ATV4K upscales to 4K and tries to add HDR to it - that is what you?re seeing.
          yeah not sure how to check if its upscaled or not.. could be. Anyway, if anyone has a 4K purchase on iTunes, let me know if it is coming over to Vudu as 4K. If so this would still be the least expensive path to 4K streaming.

I really like the way Apple has a "blu-ray" type menu when playing movies. Wish Vudu would do something lite that instead of that old HTML interface.

Comment

yeah not sure how to check if its upscaled or not.. could be. Anyway, if anyone has a 4K purchase on iTunes, let me know if it is coming over to Vudu as 4K. If so this would still be the least expensive path to 4K streaming.

I really like the way Apple has a "blu-ray" type menu when playing movies. Wish Vudu would do something lite that instead of that old HTML interface.
            Even if they all upgraded to 4K, it still wouldn't be enough for me to jump on the Apple bandwagon. My hope is that I'll be able to stream those titles in 4K on Vudu without having to buy an additional device. I already have several streaming devices and it doesn't help that I was never a fan of Apple to begin with (in spite of or even because I have an Iphone and Itunes software that is confusing or barely functional). I'd rather be patient and wait while other retailers or the Movies Anywhere app itself negotiates a similar deal with the studios.

I don't know why the studios would care which retailer they bought their movies as long as they are buying movies. The whole point of MA is to bring more customers into the fold, not get them to switch to Apple.

Comment

From the Verge regarding 4K conversion on iTunes after reaching out to both companies:

Apple appears to be upgrading some movies from other stores to 4K for free. A handful of films from my UltraViolet library including Edge of Tomorrow are showing as 4K in iTunes (and on Apple TV) despite not being originally purchased from Apple (or at 4K resolution). iTunes sees all Movies Anywhere titles as ?purchased,? so it?s possible that Apple is upgrading them to 4K where possible as it does with regular purchases. The Verge reached out to both Apple and Movies Anywhere to see if this is indeed the case. A Movies Anywhere spokesperson said, ?The auto upgrade of HD to 4K HDR titles on iTunes will vary studio by studio and retailer by retailer.? Still, that makes for a pretty fantastic reason to sign up.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/13/...e-app-features

Comment

For me, "upgraded to 4k" would mean looking at my video library in iTunes would show I own it in 4K, not just HD.

Comment

None of my 4K titles show as 4K in iTunes. Do you have to use an Apple device to even have the privilege? iTunes isn't even showing me 4K branding or the option to purchase 4K on titles advertised in the 4K section...

Comment

Only movies I purchased in UHD on Vudu are showing as 4K when playing the movie in iTunes. Other films I own in HDX on Vudu, but are eligible for 4K on iTunes, are only showing HD when I play them.

So, based on my testing, there is no "free" upgrade. Darn it (but makes sense).

Comment

I don't own an Apple TV 4k yet but I have been purchasing movies from iTunes through the app on my windows 10 pc.

It doesn't show up as 4k and only HD as the highest resolution on my computer for purchase. Would those movies show up as 4k on Apple TV 4k if they are available in 4k?

What I'm basically trying to say is HD and 4k basically bundled together when purchasing through iTunes since they are the same price? Could someone please clarify that for me because I would hate to find out that I should've waited until my Apple TV 4k arrived.

Comment

I noticed that Google Play is not showing a different purchase option for 4K movies even if our titles ported in HD. Does this mean that those titles play at the highest available resolution or is this another bait and switch like Apple? Has anyone tested this?

Comment

I have tested several of these supposed 4K upgrades of Vudu titles. They say 4K in the iTunes library, but if you swipe down on the remote control while the movie is playing, you will get the accurate current video playback info, and it only says HD. Titles purchased from iTunes will show 4K when I swipe down, but titles that originally came from Vudu only show HD.

If it were Vudu, it would say, ?UHD available, you own HDX.? iTunes needs a way to show this. Titles synced through Movies Anywhere don?t actually earn the 4K upgrade, despite how it is flagged in your iTunes library.

Making this even more confusing is the fact that the AppleTV will not auto switch output based on content, it will upscale your HD video and send it out as fake 4K?even the menus and SD content.

Comment

Originally posted by tomandshell View Post
                            I have tested several of these supposed 4K upgrades of Vudu titles. They say 4K in the iTunes library, but if you swipe down on the remote control while the movie is playing, you will get the accurate current video playback info, and it only says HD. Titles purchased from iTunes will show 4K when I swipe down, but titles that originally came from Vudu only show HD.

If it were Vudu, it would say, ?UHD available, you own HDX.? iTunes needs a way to show this. Titles synced through Movies Anywhere don?t actually earn the 4K upgrade, despite how it is flagged in your iTunes library.

Making this even more confusing is the fact that the AppleTV will not auto switch output based on content, it will upscale your HD video and send it out as fake 4K?even the menus and SD content.
                            Yes, this is exactly what I found as well. It is definitely confusing!

Comment

Originally posted by tomandshell View Post

Oh, brother! Could this be any more convoluted? Good thing I didn't rush out and buy a 4K monitor w/ an Apple TV like I was debating doing a couple of days ago!

Thank you for doing a deep dive on this one and saving some of us here a few shekels.

Comment

Working...
                              X