Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Is VUDU stopping MA redemptions from porting to UV? Are you seeing gaps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is VUDU stopping MA redemptions from porting to UV? Are you seeing gaps?

Originally posted by SinGA View Post
    Wow, what a mess this MA stuff has become. Not sure what good it is.....

the lesson is.... don't redeem your codes anywhere else but Vudu so that it goes into UV and therefore into your shared library.
    Yes, I'm not liking MA either and has made what was already complicated even more so. I just learned that if you disconnect retailers from MA, the movies already synced will remain there for two years. Just future movies won't sync. This is not the case with UV, if you disconnect UV, the movies are immediately removed. I was trying to disconnect MA on iTunes to get a 4k movie that was on sale but it kept saying the movie is already in my library because the HD version had ported over to iTunes. Very bad practice IMO.

73 UHD
    855 HDX
    2 SD

Comment

Originally posted by lujan View Post
      Yes, I'm not liking MA either and has made what was already complicated even more so. I just learned that if you disconnect retailers from MA, the movies already synced will remain there for two years. Just future movies won't sync. This is not the case with UV, if you disconnect UV, the movies are immediately removed. I was trying to disconnect MA on iTunes to get a 4k movie that was on sale but it kept saying the movie is already in my library because the HD version had ported over to iTunes. Very bad practice IMO.

73 UHD
      855 HDX
      2 SD
      On this topic, it is VUDU I'm not liking as it appears to be their decision to stop syncing with UV per previous comments, not the studio's mandate. They at the ones complicating it further, not MA. Don't know why they chose to do this (again, assuming it was them) as it is hostile to end users and doesn't serve any obvious purpose (unless there is some cost to them we aren't aware of). The percentage of movie purchasers that are concerned about having UV can't be notable enough for them to pull this just to drive redemptions and purchases here vs. other stores.

As for it remaining on the service after disconnecting, to me that is a great thing vs. UV. The iTunes issue is something on them, not on MA as it would be the same case if you had gotten it from them and didn't connect MA.
      The benefit can be seen with things like DMA and Microsoft Movies where they split but you still had your Disney movies on the MSFT service if you use that for things like Xbox playback. Could happen with one of the retailers and MA but this removes any immediate end user pain.
      As for the "for 2 years", where did you see that? I haven't see any time frame around the movies remaining on the de-linked store, only that they remained, implying "forever".

Comment

I know Vudu probably really doesn't have a choice in this, but is UV probably much on it's last legs? I can't remove shared people from myuv.com. The two people I have shared out my collection to are "unlinked" in VUDU. My friend deleted his UV collection on myuv.com (he didn't have barely anything) and it still is there.

Meanwhile Disney re-launched a superior site with superior service and almost all the movies I had in UV/Vudu (ok like 1/4 are missing I think) but if that gets reconciled, UV becomes old and redundant.

Comment

I think I have this figured, this is kinda like the high-def disc wars of a decade ago. Only no real war, just studios are jumping ship.
          UV big studio supporters:
          Sony Pictures Entertainment
          Universal Studios
          Paramount Motion Pictures Group
          Warner Bros. Entertainment
          Fox Entertainment Group

MA big studio supporters:
          Disney
          Sony Pictures Entertainment
          Universal Studios
          Warner Bros. Entertainment
          Fox Entertainment Group

So no MGM (UV support for them has been erratic) and no Paramount. Add Disney as the main driver, and everyone just about jumped ship. UV will be dead in a couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by IPhoneUser View Post
            When UV goes away, so will D2D. I plan on converting all my eligible titles in the months to come.
            Well that might or might not be true. Vudu does the disc-to-digital stuff, the question is will MA support it? But just in case; I'd do as you say just to be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Donborvio View Post
              superior site with superior service
              you're missing 25% of your library but you are referring to it as superior???? that's odd....

and what about TV titles??

Comment

Originally posted by SinGA View Post
                you're missing 25% of your library but you are referring to it as superior???? that's odd....

and what about TV titles??
                Well that gap will probably be resolved once Paramount, MGM, etc get on board with MA. It's superior because the website works, there are not missing/broken features, etc. UV feels like an afterthought now.

TV titles is a good point, hopefully those are reconciled because HBO has been on digital copies for a while. I would think something would be worked out, but really that is the one advantage right now.

Comment

superior site with superior service
                  I laughed at this. With the amount of movies in my collection, MA hasnt worked in a week for me. There is no movie counter, so I have to scroll to the very bottom of the My Movies section and wait for 10x to load at a time until 6000+ movies have loaded, right click and inspect the page. Highlight the DIV that has the movies, copy the inner HTML. Take that HTML to a HTML Beautifier online... copy the result into Excel. Sort that result in excel... scroll to the bottom and find and count the tags <div class="_2yLD_ltKXxaw-GtkBcWbAT"> just to make sure I can see my movie count. Superior site for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Craiggers89 View Post
                    I laughed at this. With the amount of movies in my collection, MA hasnt worked in a week for me. There is no movie counter, so I have to scroll to the very bottom of the My Movies section and wait for 10x to load at a time until 6000+ movies have loaded, right click and inspect the page. Highlight the DIV that has the movies, copy the inner HTML. Take that HTML to a HTML Beautifier online... copy the result into Excel. Sort that result in excel... scroll to the bottom and find and count the tags <div class="_2yLD_ltKXxaw-GtkBcWbAT"> just to make sure I can see my movie count. Superior site for sure!
                    Well I'm betting they'll make improvements. Meanwhile here on Vudu, I'm still waiting to create my own movie groups or split them, hide or delete titles, etc.

Comment

Well I'm betting they'll make improvements. Meanwhile here on Vudu, I'm still waiting to create my own movie groups or split them, hide or delete titles, etc.
                      I'd like just a simple "favorites" category, with an "add to favorites" option.

Comment

Meanwhile Disney re-launched a superior site with superior service and almost all the movies I had in UV/Vudu (ok like 1/4 are missing I think) but if that gets reconciled, UV becomes old and redundant.
                        MA shows 6127 movies
                        Amazon is showing 6478

I'm not feeling that this is "superior"

Comment

Well that gap will probably be resolved once Paramount, MGM, etc get on board with MA. It's superior because the website works, there are not missing/broken features, etc. UV feels like an afterthought now.

TV titles is a good point, hopefully those are reconciled because HBO has been on digital copies for a while. I would think something would be worked out, but really that is the one advantage right now.
                          Being able to Share UV titles is a huge advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Squatting Hen View Post
                            I haven't tried it yet but Google Play has a Family Share option that should share MA titles including Disney.

Comment

Reading this thread got me so frustrated. On the first day I signed up to Movies Anywhere, several of my films transferred from Amazon to Vudu and went to Ultraviolet. I then bought additional films from Amazon, Google, and iTunes and they all went to Vudu but not all went to UV. 2 didn't go. All films were bought on the same day seconds apart. I contacted Vudu who informed me that because I bought the film from a MA partner and even though it is UV eligible, it won't transfer to UV. They said that I have to buy it from Vudu for it to go to UV and MA. Originally, I thought it was just MA trying to stop people from double dipping. Vudu blamed it on MA's policy. But then I realized that this will be good for Vudu. It will make people want to buy from them. And now that I came to this thread, I got the confirmation that this is more a Vudu policy instead of a MA policy. That frustrates me. Why is Vudu doing this? Just to force people to buy from them? That's annoying!

Comment

Originally posted by Squatting Hen View Post
                                There's additional logins ala Netflix right in the MA account.

Comment

Working...
                                X